Fusion Lifestyle Employee Reviews

You get out what you put in
General Manager (Current Employee) –  South West28 November 2017
You need to be self motivated to thrive in Fusion. This is how Leisure is to work in in 2017. Gone are the days of heavily subsidised community facilities operated with little consideration given to basic business principles.

A legitamate leisure operator with plenty of progression opportunities available to those who are prepared to work hard for them.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn and progress
Cons
Sucessful performance not always recognised or rewarded
Good people to work with, the WORST company to work for.
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill, Greater London21 November 2017
Forest Hill Pools recently introduced a new "Fitness professional" role, that actually saves money to the company, keeping employees at 5 pounds/hour, for 3 to 9 months so far.
Cons
Some people are still on 5 pounds per hour rate after 9 months
Productive and fun
Assistant Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent29 October 2017
Sometimes unorganised but very safe friendly environment. Easy location and transport access. Very welcoming colleges. Good hours but very Unflexible.
Horrible
Lifeguard/Swimming Teacher (Current Employee) –  Braintree1 October 2017
Fusion lifestyle run centres to maximise their profit with no care or regard for their staff or public wellbeing, Staff are treated appallingly my management
Productive and fun work place
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Sorrel11 September 2017
For this job I worked there as a work placement scheme. I found the staff and managers very friendly and easy to talk to. There is a good working atmosphere through out the whole site.
production and fun work place
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire8 August 2017
a typical day at work would be , check the computer for inductions and brief the fitness team, look after the PTs and checking sales
i learnt so much in my time going from a fitness instructor to fitness manager. it was a family and community gym so brought many people from different backgrounds together . i enjoyed helping the clients and making sure their get the full benefit from my knowledge and expertise
Pros
discount lunches at the school
Cons
Great learning experience if new to the industry
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 July 2017
Don't get given a chance especially if your female communication is poor, your mainly picked on by management because your new while others can do what they want! They don't give you any credit or appreciate any good work you do for them. They don't overly help you improve or say if you are doing something wrong and want you to improve! Only good to work there if your new to the industry and want some experience in a gym. Most of the team are friendly too and easy to work with.
Pros
Good experience and getting to teach classes
Cons
Management and cleaning
Workplace was ok, comoany is not ok
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset19 July 2017
Workplace was taken over recently by Fusion. Head office staff who make big changes to the centres have no idea how to run a leisure centre that are not in London. Staff within the centre was very good and other nearby centres were also helpful. Completely blinded by the bustling London way of life and driving sales, instead of giving some focus to retention of customers. Would not recommend working for Fusion Lifestyle. If looking for a job in leisure, look elsewhere. Also very tight on training and progression and give away very little unless the employee will pay.
Fun staff, little H/O support
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Isleworth, Greater London4 July 2017
Members and staff are great, but position lacks the support needed from Head office.
What really lets staff down is the lack of a commission structure.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
No Comm structure
Great
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Witham, Essex16 June 2017
A typical day at work was fun and enjoyable because my colleagues were mostly pleasant. I learned the importance of remaining calm under pressure and having a positive attitude.
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire14 June 2017
Working with fusion aid very fun and the job does get done, my typical day at work would be cleaning, helping out with bits and sitting on poolside. Work culture is very good and fusion,everyone gets along.

However, management at fusion recently hasn't been very good as it has been low on staff memebers
Pros
Long breaks
lovely staff
Customer Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  London28 May 2017
poor security, the company refused to hire a security as we got threatened daily. other than that I enjoyed my time there, just the hours I was given was the reason I left.
Loved working here
Sales and Administration (Former Employee) –  Mountsorrel24 May 2017
loved working in different job roles, swimming teaching, lifeguard, reception and sales. I just wish there was more security and benefits working for the company
gym
Gym Instructor/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bedford1 May 2017
Cleaning (making sure the gym is tidy), sales, answering phone calls, looking after the gym (make sure people know what they are doing) inductions, writing training programmes based on individuals and their goals, talking to members of the gym, booking classes, outreach. Also teaching classes such as spin (studio cycling) and circuits. I also teach gym floor classes on a daily basis and I really enjoy doing it.
By doing all of those I have built up more confidence by talking people and trying to offer them memberships. I also had to sell the gym in the positive way and persuade people that is the best gym that they can get.
was a very fun and reliable job
Recreation Assistant/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Green, Greater London8 February 2017
something new every day
interesting customers
interesting staff
overtime always available
however don't assume your only job is sitting pretty on the chair, you do have to clean, set up apparatus for other activities, perhaps cover other staff members like the reception or soft play staff whilst they are on their breaks (only if they are really low on staff though),
Pros
benefits include free leisure centre access and sauna and steam and gym
Cons
only half an hour lunch breaks
Members of staff as a family
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisham10 January 2017
Supportive team, reasonable pay. Stability in pay. Chance to work overtime and earn extra money. Fusion is a big company which give you development opportunities accross many leisure ventre sites.
Ideal Job for sports/gym lovers
Lifeguard/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oxford20 December 2016
Awesome environment, colleagues are all generally really friendly and the shifts usually go fast as you're always doing something.
Pros
Free Gym, Swim and use of Raquet sports
Cons
full time requires most weekends
Avoid
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex6 November 2016
Shocking. Avoid at all costs. soul less company . Poor pay organisation prospects. I have nothing good to say about this company after working for them for many months.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Nice co-workers, Bad management
Lifeguard/Leisure Assistant (Current Employee) –  Croydon24 October 2016
A typical day at work would consist of supervising the main pool area, cleaning poolside and around the centre, picking up litter around the premises and setting up studios for different classes. I have learned how to do CPR and first aid training I have also learned a lot about working as part of a team. My swimming has also improved. Management tend to be unorganised and do not know what’s happening within the company in terms of who is an what shift or how the pool should be lifeguarded. The co-workers are knowledgeable in the things they do and know how to handle any situation. They are hardworking and committed to their jobs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with serious injuries and the training to deal with the injuries. Communicating with aggressive and rude customers is also challenging. The best part of the job is the co-worker. Having a good team is essential when lifeguarding a pool. They are friendly, polite and hardworking.
Pros
Good co-worker, Nice working environment
Cons
Bad management
productive and fun workplace
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford28 September 2016
I enjoy working at the ice rink as it give me the opportunity to watch people learn to skate over time. The hardest part of my job is convincing people to by a membership.