Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Productive and fun filled working place
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Broadgreen Dialysis Unit Liverpool UK14 January 2018
Really enjoyed working for this company in Liverpool,'twas real fun and very supportive staff .Enjoyed on job teaching sesssions and in service trainings on the floor.
Pros
Surprise lunch parties
Cons
Weekends off
Shocking Company
Clinical Nurse Advisor (Former Employee) –  Uk5 January 2018
Have never worked for a company so driven by money and with a couldn’t-care-less attitude towards patients except as revenue generators.

Treat their staff so badly that nearly everyone left or was sacked whilst I worked there, including someone suspended for trying to facilitate the wishes of a dying patient
Eye opening
Senior Nurse (Former Employee) –  North east England3 October 2017
This is a company come across very well and seem to have a fantastic reputation from an outsiders perspective, it is not until you actually work there that you get to realise that the management is a shambles! The amount this company covers up and some of the unsafe practices and bullying behaviours that they turn a blind eye to is ridiculous, the patients get amazing care from the hands on nursing team but are sadly let down by the management who are obsessed with budgets and how their expenditure affects personal end of year bonus' s. All higher management say the right things at the right time but their actions do not back up their promises and apparent concerns. There is absolute corruption and bribery at higher levels which needs looking into.
Pros
Amazing ground level staff
Cons
Corrupt, bullying behaviour from management
Just Not Worth It
Jack of All Trades (Current Employee) –  South East Region5 February 2017
The pay is decent, however, benefit costs are insanely high, undermining the decent pay. Management is horrid. Too many "hands in the pot". Middle management needs to get scaled back significantly. They're selfish and not understanding of work life balance. Constantly pushing rediculious "projects". Since overtime is strictly prohibited, work unable to be completed is expected to be done on your own time. Expected to complete work that doesn't apply to your job title, ie. Admins doing RN documentation, RN doing social worker responsibilities, etc. The entire region is short staffed, but it doesn't matter. If you care about patients, don't bother applying, since management priority lies with the best paying insurance company. Commercial insurance is life! I would suggest Fresenius as a good place to work in a temporary fix, however don't waste you life in the long term, eventually the stress will send you looking elsewhere.
Training could be less pushy in so little time
Dialysis assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole16 January 2017
Started the training , very intense , needed to needle 4 patients within 6 weeks . Nurse whom mentor was very good but put a lot of pressure on me .so decided to go for another job
System Technician
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Addenbrookes Hospital14 June 2016
I worked as a System Technician covering Addenbrookes dialysis Unit & its home patients and also Addenbrookes satellite units in the east Anglian region servicing, repairing, basic maintenance of dialysis machines and associated equipment. learned that being in a company you could get called at short notice to do other work at short notice. The management were okay but always asking you do extra work outside of the contact.My co workers were good I think although I did not get chance to work alongside most of them.
The hardest part of the job was the driving long distances.Which was frustrating at times.Most enjoyable part of the job was going to the home patients.
Pros
Staying at Hotels before service Meetings-paid for by company
Cons
long hours. Asked to do outside of my contract on a regular Basis.
Very clicky.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 April 2016
There's not a lot of support amongst staff, very two faced and clicky, expect help from you but are not all to great in giving it. Not a very understanding manager and has favourites. Patients absolutely lovely and can have a laugh with them. The hours are not to shabby tho 3 days a week
Pros
Patients are friendly
Cons
Clicky environment
Getting better
Principal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, ENG28 January 2016
Company is turning around. Spending more on human capital. Benefits, I would walk away as they are extremely limited. Would recommend alternative choices if possible.
excellent working conditions
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG7 September 2015
everyday is busy ,there is shift with one two difficult accesses ,with the advice of renal access nurse managed these accesses .I have leaned to look after patients with life deterioration and DNA,we share patient 's progress and care by giving handover to the rest of the team,hardest part is when is snowing and patient transport find difficult to reach patient 's home in order to bring them in ,it causes delays,I enjoy to be anaemic link nurse.
Cons
12 hours shift
Professional and Caring Organisation
Executive Assistant to Snr Vice President / CEO (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire16 February 2015
Fresenius is an Organisation where your work can really make a difference. They value employees who share in their vision to improve the quality of life for nephrology patients by the provision of superior quality Products and Services and will encourage and promote career development for individuals who show ambition, commitment and drive to help them achieve their goals and give the highest quality renal care and the very best patient experience.

Want to know more about Fresenius Medical Care?

Ask a question
Hardworking and fast pace office
I work as a Transport Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Huthwaite21 January 2015
I arrange accommodation for our drivers on a daily basis, I process delivery dates for medical supplies to our patients within a time scale given. If our patients will not be in for their scheduled deliveries I then have to find a different run the patient to go on that is suitable. I also go through queries and help cover my colleagues work when they are on holiday.
Flexible working
PN Support Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wales and North England2 January 2015
Allowed me to have an excellent family work life balance and work was interesting and varied. There was no permanency or job security. Limited training and career development opportunities.
Cons
Zero hours contract no job security
Typical Workplace
Aseptic Service Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Runcorn25 November 2014
Working on a temporary basis on behalf of a third party recruitment agency, my duties involved aspects of quality control and distribution of pharmaceutical products. Primarily my responsibilities involved liaising with pharmacists in order to undertake final checks on a customer’s order and also ensuring the products were packaged to company standards and aligned with the daily transport plan.
working environment
LAB ANALYST (Former Employee) –  uk20 September 2014
Great for people starting out in the working world. Great people that work there.
Renal dialysis Care within a satellite dialysis unit
Registered General Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ENG6 August 2014
I will assess patients pre/during/post dialysis and report any abnormalities to the management/GP's/dietician/consultants/renal reg./medical reg. Ensure that all observations are documented and all medication is given correctly and recording on each shift. Communicate with patients in relation to their care and dialysis and at times with patients families and GP's.
I will obtain any blood specimens that is required and ensure that all results are checked and acted upon (these results I will find on the computer system that we use within the unit. I have had to learn re: what are normal blood results/abnormal results and how to act on these and whom to.
I take charge of the unit at times and I have learnt a great deal from this, confidence, responsibility and accountability. We have a good team and support each other at all times. Giving time to all the team members to communicate their feelings from the days events to prevent stress in the workplace.
The hardest part of the job is 'time' (ensuring that the day runs smoothly and ensuring that when it doesn't how to deal with it which really is not hard to do).
The most enjoyable part of the job is the 'job' the staff (good team work) and the patients and patients families.
Pros
Good team work
good managerial work experience
RGN (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, ENG26 June 2014
Well managed work place.giving more support for the new comers.well staffed work place. Moral support from the senior staff.
Pros
no freelunch
Cons
A Lot of potential but needs stability.
ASU Operator / Management of Grade B and C (Current Employee) –  Runcorn11 April 2014
The Job in Fresenius Kabi is not a bad job. I enjoy working there with my coworkers. The only issue is the management and how they undergo their duties.

When there are 16 managers used within 5 years you know there needs to be a review into how the Aseptic unit is run and there is an apparent problem.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Poor Management Structure
various temporary assignments
General administrative (Former Employee) –  Hucknall under Huthwaite, ENG2 April 2014
Fresenius, Huthwaite - My main duties included making outbound calls to customers to ensure that they had received their medication on time and to check that they had sufficient supplies. General administrative duties were also included, i.e. faxing, filing, emailing on a day to day basis. This was a temporary contract through ABA Consulting.

Prolog, Huthwaite - I answered inbound sales calls on behalf of Interflora, ordering flowers for customers. I also on occasions had to make outbound calls to florists to check items and stock. This was a temporary contract through Right4Staff over the valentine’s period.

UDG, South Normanton - Answering telephone calls regarding queries on the drugs that the company distributed. Also dealing with emails, faxes and queries from staff within the company. I also inputted new orders onto their own in-house system. This was a temporary contract.

St Trinity Asset Management, Eastwood – Dealing with part exchange and repossessed properties on a daily basis which includes dealing with inbound and outbound telephone calls to vendors, estate agents, third parties and colleagues and the collection and distribution of post. Sending and receiving emails and faxes and ensuring all details are logged on the computer accurately and in a timely fashion.

Napit, Pleasley Vale - Dealing with incoming calls from members of the public, members of Napit, and colleagues regarding memberships and queries. Also making outbound calls to customers to ensure that they are happy with the work undertaken by our members. Sending and receiving emails, faxes
  more... and letters and ensuring all information entered onto the database is accurately and entered in a timely fashion.

SP Food, Sutton In Ashfield – Delivering food to companies throughout the Mansfield area. This involves cooking the food for myself and 5 other staff members first thing in the morning and then going out to various companies. I thoroughly enjoy dealing with members of the public, but unfortunately due to personal circumstances the hours are no longer sufficient and they cannot offer me anymore hours.I worked Monday to Friday 5.30am- 2pm and also worked every other Sunday.

Getinge Group - Arranging the diaries of engineers, ensuring that all of their time is used efficiently between each job. General day to day administration duties, sending confirmation letters, emailing, logging the job information on an in-house system, answering the telephone, booking hotels and flights, dealing with colleagues' requests for information

Coopelands Bap Van - Delivering food to companies throughout the Mansfield area. I thoroughly enjoy dealing with members of the public, but this was a new round which they were trying to establish which proved difficult for them.

Action Aerials - Taking incoming calls from customers to book engineers out to their properties. Dealing with emails and customer enquiries on a daily basis.
Pharmaceutical company
Compounder (Current Employee) –  Runcorn, ENG16 September 2013
A typical days work is discussed in my CV. The company produce medical food bags for patients.
Pros
Not far to travel
Cons
Bridge and traffic
Good for work placement
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, ENG12 August 2013
I worked here for 2weeks whilst I was on work experience in school and all the staff were really friendly and made me feel really comfortable as I was really nervous.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Office chairs give you a bad back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresenius Medical Care Reviews by Location