FAREHAM COLLEGE Employee Reviews

educational
catering by doing an apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire1 November 2017
a college for educational purposes where you learn about your desired field to then progress on to a career of your choice. left within 2 months to do an apprenticeship
My summary of Fareham College
Student (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire6 August 2017
Typical day would be getting facts down then making something out of them to go towards our course work/final result of our course which would be a childcare level one diploma qualification.

The management was amazing. They always handled all situations with care and support of one another.

I learnt how to work with people and take care of children as well as learning to communicate with others in the means to be civil and learning to be professional in a working environment where you'd have to be as civil and professional.

The hardest part of the job was learning to communicate with tension between people and how to be civil with people as well as do activities with them.

The most enjoyable part? Would be the hands-on job experience, where you learn what it's actually like to be in a working environment and what it would be like, learning the things from that area like safety, how you'd treat specific people.
Pros
Work experience at the college - having the children up in the class to make activities for.
Cons
Long hours... i'd have to be there at 8:30am or 9am and I wouldn't leave till 4-5pm
I was at college
College Student (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire2 June 2017
College was stressful,i got bullied all through my time there,was the worst time of my life, the lecturers were cool though they tried helping me decide what i wanted to do with my life.
Cons
Hated it
Great learing enviorment
Student (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire20 March 2017
I enjoy stuyding at fareham college, it has great oppurtunities for all students. We are treated as adults and not children. The college has lovely grounds.
was ok.
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Fareham, ENG19 July 2015
At fareham college it is a good college, i felt it was very structured. Got to learn level 1 & 2 in hairdressing as well as manicure and pedicure . We had different teachers everyday. Students was ok. Hardest was the traveling,the most enjoyable was styling the clients hair.
Pros
good food.
Cons
Different teachers.
Productive & proactive
Academy manager/assessor (Current Employee) –  Gopsort & Fareham17 April 2015
I enjoy going to work, wondering what challenges the day will bring, knowing that any and all potential problems are merely challenges.
The faces that greet me are enthusiastic ones, people I enjoy working with immensely, I learn from them, their creative ideas, the practical and supportive ones, they are amazing, young gifted people.
My job is very challenging but I still feel very passionate about it, I have learned a lot of valuable lessons over the years in my role, about people in education, working hard to achieve their qualifications and observing my colleagues working hard to get them there, the hardest part of my role is letting someone walk away from there education, even though you believe it is a mistake, young people make their own decisions about the future and you hope that you have given them enough of your valuable knowledge to learn again when they are ready as I believe knowledge is power.
Watching young people grow into professionals, ready for industry and becoming successful is one of the most enjoyable validations that teaching and learning is a wonderful privileged and it:s great that so many opportunities exist.
Pros
Giving me the opportunity to use my expertise to educate and inspire young people
Cons
no room to progress
A great place to work with friendly, supportive saff.
Marketing Design Officer (Former Employee) –  Fareham, ENG14 June 2014
Fareham College offers valuable vocational qualifications to students looking to learn a skill. The work environment is very supportive. The campus also benefits from an excellent staff lounge and working Salon and Restaurant.
Great place to study.
Assisting various (Former Employee) –  Fareham, ENG17 February 2014
Fun, friendly lecturers. Very helpful and informative to our needs. Very good grasp of students abilities.
Pros
Fun, friendly.
Cons
N/a
Busy,Rewarding place to work
Assistant Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire19 August 2013
Every day is different,facing different challenges and continuing to give good customer service at all times. Leading the team ensuring they to give good customer service. The hardest part of the job is that time goes so quickly and you always want to achieve more. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything about the job.
Fun workplace
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fareham8 March 2013
Brilliant place to work and have gained the ability to speak to various members of the public.
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FAREHAM COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3