Europcar Employee Reviews

Management not great but job is fun
KTW/Driver (Current Employee) –  Leicester7 November 2017
The management could work a lot harder to help staff and the contract they give you is zero hour so no security in your job but the job itself is good fun meeting new people and traveling around
Pros
Meeting new peopl
Cons
Zero contracts
Nil training, sink or swim mentality
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 November 2017
I recently started a delivery drivers job. On arrival at the depot I was introduced to one of the Managers who photocopied my licence and passport then told me I could go deliver vehicles with another new guy. There was no explanation of how the paperwork was filled in nor any advice given on the individual vehicles.
We were sent to the middle of Manchester at rush hour to pick up from Piccadilly Station then had to go to Oldham also in rush hour.
Cutting a long story short we worked 10hrs with no break and had to eat whilst driving, if we hadn't done so we would have been out much later.
This company does not seem to have the first clue about looking after staff, to be honest I don't think they actually care.
Pros
Driving various vehicles
Cons
Long hours, little training, undervalued, minimum wage, zero hours contract
no real progresion available
Fleet Controller (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire24 October 2017
cant really progress anywhere in the job extreamly long hours of work at minimum wage which then means that there is no work life balance at all not a good work enviroment
Lot of things need to be improved
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2017
You get to work with very good team and make friends for life. The hardest part of the job is hitting the target and it's not fair that the bonus structure gets worse every year.
great place to work
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Watford3 October 2017
great people - great location - great culture

their site was really smart and within 5 minutes walk of watford junction and the town centre

good management and staff
Pros
fun and lively
Adaptable
Delivery Courier (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk25 September 2017
A working day consists of driving all over the region and preparing the vehicles for customer use. The hours are long and the salary is minimum wage.
Cons
long hours, basic pay
Great
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick10 September 2017
Great company to work for. Would have stayed working there but travel to gatwick each day was costing too much against my wages. Good company to work for.
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Leicester5 September 2017
Responsibilities:
Logging, talking and resolving customer complaints
Using the company software and Microsoft package.
Operating external equipment
Pros
productive work
Cons
tartget
Company needs to be investigated really poor place to work
Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station15 August 2017
Worse company i have ever worked for worse environment ever unfriendly staff expect you to already have knowledge literally leave you to fend for yourself
Fun workplace
Transporter (Former Employee) –  West Edinburgh2 August 2017
I had to drop off and pick up cars from clients, i worked for 8-12 hours a day 5 days a week and had to just deliver cars from clients and then pick them up once they were done with them.
Pros
Pay always on time
Cons
Not the best pay
enjoyable job
sales agent and fleet coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dundee City30 July 2017
job is enjoyable however the pay is not good and "key time worker" is a nice way of saying zero hours contract. this would work for some but the job lacks a feel of stability. no where near enough opportunities to advance yourself significantly within the company. if you show willingness you will be given plenty more responsibility but no pay variation to reflect this.
Pros
travel all over country
Cons
low pay
Not the worst place to work
Driver/ Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool13 June 2017
Not the worst place in the world to work, if you get the right manager that understands the job properly and likes to keep their workers happy then you'll enjoy it. I left and actually regret it, chasing a better wage isn't always the best thing to do.

Some of the managers are firm, but they are there to do a job and not be your friend/ let you get away with murder.

At the end of the day there isn't that many jobs that will pay you to drive around in brand new cars all day.

The zero hour contracts need to be looked into and scrapped IMO, treated like you are contracted until they don't need you and just send you home, and unfortunatley depending on the branch that you get too there could be alot of late nights. you do get paid for all these but its starts to get a bit tiring 11pm finishes then back in at 8am the next morning.
Pros
Some great managers, paid to drive brand new cars.
Cons
Zero hour contract, Very Long hours at times
dont apply
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Leicester, UK9 June 2017
I have nothing nice to say about the place, every manager who works there are either related or are friends from before so your not going to be getting a team leader job at all, theres no room for progress also the pay is the lowest.
Cons
no professionalism, low pay
Good team
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester21 May 2017
This is a vers easy job.Very good team every body very friendly.managment is very flexible.we just do a long shift sometimes.This job is very good for a new drivers
Pros
Easy job
worst company ever
Rental Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scotland17 May 2017
If i had to write a review i would prefer not to. I found the management structure poor, back stabbing self centred staff. no work balance, work until well after closing time
Pros
Cons
the company
Chew you you up and spit you out.
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Scotland14 March 2017
The company operates most of its employees at stations on zero hour contracts. Most of the time this is fine except for in quieter times when you end up working less hours.

The station I am at is understaffed so we end up working 50+ hour weeks all the time. No more personal time as you are always at the station serving irritable cheap customers.

The company operates with a minimal fleet size so as soon as it gets busy you end up not having enough cars. This happens almost everyday in the summer and most weekends in the quieter seasons.
Pros
Plenty of incentives for sales agents. Okay bonuses. New cars
Cons
Long hours. Zero hour contract. Impossible targets. Management has lost touch. Cheap customers.
Avoid working here like the plague.
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester13 March 2017
This company presents itself as a customer service based job, but it is not. I worked for Europcar for six weeks, the training is long winded and useless the Management at Manchester airport are shocking. One of the managers purposely screws over other employees so she can make commission, the commission structure is also pretty bad since you sign a contract immediately that says the can take it away for any reason.
The worst part is that they regularly have no cars to rent and they tell you to lie to angry customers about failed deliveries, and still expect you to make a certain target of revenue a day which basically includes tactfully manipulating customers into taking a bigger car for more money when Europcar didn't have the car to begin with. This is the worst thing about the company, it is a car rental company who regularly has no cars and still punishes employees for it's shortcomings. It is a very fake and unnecessarily pressured environment. Manchester Airport has such a high turnover of employees for this reason. Terrible job.
Pros
They eventually provide you with a uniform
Cons
No cars to rent, High ridiculous expectations, greedy and somewhat prejudiced management, ridiculous hours
Wouldn't work here again
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Lewisham, UK4 March 2017
I ran the branch for over a year, and in that time, I found that I was working many more hours that my contracted stated, as I treated the branch as my own business. When I asked for help with extra staff from my manager, he was very slow, which meant I was working 70+ hours a week, 7 days a week.
Challenging and ever-changing
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 March 2017
Working for Europcar can be demanding yet greatly rewarding. They have excellent bonus/incentive scheme that can reward top sellers.Training is provided regularly and if you want to progress through the company there are various schemes that you can apply for. Car rental is a tough and demanding industry as fleet availability is often low. Inevitably you make it work.
Pros
Bonus scheme and management opportunities
Cons
stressful working environment
interesting management process
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, UK1 March 2017
i personally had a bad experience with management during my time at europcar, overtime there was an issue or something that needed sorting another manager would turn up to "sort it out" after i left the manager was inevitably replaced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Europcar. Our community is ready to answer.