Europcar Employee Reviews

unfair
driver details and Payment descriptions (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire14 January 2018
They say that they are with the disability act and they are not. They are meant to train you on new things but they don't. My hours were pretty okay but I know people that work their and they get taken advantage of. My manager at the time was aware of my disablitiies and still I was too slow.
Hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, Greater London9 January 2018
I don’t like in thos company because i’m working about 12 h per day this is the reason thats way i whant to leave from this job . The staff and management ther same times is not normal
I worked with lovely people
PA to Head of HR (Former Employee) –  Leicester7 January 2018
A very full on day where a lot was expected of you. I did phone work, produced contracts of employment and any other typing for the managers that was required
Pros
Cons
a full on day that meant I didnt always get a full lunch
Great workplace. A fun, interesting and engaging job
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Guernsey7 January 2018
I worked the desk at the airport in Guernsey. I met a lot of people arriving for pleasure and we were therefore able to share enthusiasm for the island. I met a lot of happy people. I also met a lot of business men/women who came to the island for work often and therefore built relationships with them.
Friendly work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bracknell28 December 2017
Good place to work for a while. Hourly rate is a minimum wage but you have oportunity to have a lot of hours. Job is easy at all and giving a lot of fun becouse you can drivining brand new cars
Don't work here if possible.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  North west.Area.24 December 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for,you are not appreciated for the work you do,but are expected to do and work as long as needed.Threats and bullying are how the management get you to work.I have worked for them over ten years,can't leave because of my age,and if a company is needed to be investigated it's this one.
Pros
There are no pro's.
Cons
But plenty of con's, to many to list.
Car hire
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 December 2017
Typical day at work is starting time can vary as its shift work through It's very long days. But I always get busy working with customers, working on sales technique and picking up and dropping off customer cars.
workplace
Once my apprenticeship was completed (Current Employee) –  new street car park edinburgh21 November 2017
A typical day at work is very poor and boring
your brain gets to work and learn about cars
the culture in Europcar is very dry
hardest part off the job is working on the computer system
most enjoyable part is meeting customers and helping them
the down side is its a ZERO hour contract witch means the can get rid off you very easily
Pros
theres nothing fun about it
Excellent place to work.
New Business Executive (Former Employee) –  Watford7 November 2017
Europcar was a lovely place to work. The day was taking up by enough duties to fill the day but not overly stressful. The management were great as well as very helpful HR dept. The most enjoyable part of the job was working within a great team.
Management not great but job is fun
KTW/Driver (Current Employee) –  Leicester7 November 2017
The management could work a lot harder to help staff and the contract they give you is zero hour so no security in your job but the job itself is good fun meeting new people and traveling around
Pros
Meeting new peopl
Cons
Zero contracts
Nil training, sink or swim mentality
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 November 2017
I recently started a delivery drivers job. On arrival at the depot I was introduced to one of the Managers who photocopied my licence and passport then told me I could go deliver vehicles with another new guy. There was no explanation of how the paperwork was filled in nor any advice given on the individual vehicles.
We were sent to the middle of Manchester at rush hour to pick up from Piccadilly Station then had to go to Oldham also in rush hour.
Cutting a long story short we worked 10hrs with no break and had to eat whilst driving, if we hadn't done so we would have been out much later.
This company does not seem to have the first clue about looking after staff, to be honest I don't think they actually care.
Pros
Driving various vehicles
Cons
Long hours, little training, undervalued, minimum wage, zero hours contract
no real progresion available
Fleet Controller (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire24 October 2017
cant really progress anywhere in the job extreamly long hours of work at minimum wage which then means that there is no work life balance at all not a good work enviroment
Lot of things need to be improved
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2017
You get to work with very good team and make friends for life. The hardest part of the job is hitting the target and it's not fair that the bonus structure gets worse every year.
great place to work
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Watford3 October 2017
great people - great location - great culture

their site was really smart and within 5 minutes walk of watford junction and the town centre

good management and staff
Pros
fun and lively
Adaptable
Delivery Courier (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk25 September 2017
A working day consists of driving all over the region and preparing the vehicles for customer use. The hours are long and the salary is minimum wage.
Cons
long hours, basic pay
Great
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick10 September 2017
Great company to work for. Would have stayed working there but travel to gatwick each day was costing too much against my wages. Good company to work for.
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Leicester5 September 2017
Responsibilities:
Logging, talking and resolving customer complaints
Using the company software and Microsoft package.
Operating external equipment
Pros
productive work
Cons
tartget
Company needs to be investigated really poor place to work
Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station15 August 2017
Worse company i have ever worked for worse environment ever unfriendly staff expect you to already have knowledge literally leave you to fend for yourself
Fun workplace
Transporter (Former Employee) –  West Edinburgh2 August 2017
I had to drop off and pick up cars from clients, i worked for 8-12 hours a day 5 days a week and had to just deliver cars from clients and then pick them up once they were done with them.
Pros
Pay always on time
Cons
Not the best pay
enjoyable job
sales agent and fleet coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dundee City30 July 2017
job is enjoyable however the pay is not good and "key time worker" is a nice way of saying zero hours contract. this would work for some but the job lacks a feel of stability. no where near enough opportunities to advance yourself significantly within the company. if you show willingness you will be given plenty more responsibility but no pay variation to reflect this.
Pros
travel all over country
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Europcar. Our community is ready to answer.