Europcar Employee Reviews

Great
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick10 September 2017
Great company to work for. Would have stayed working there but travel to gatwick each day was costing too much against my wages. Good company to work for.
Company needs to be investigated really poor place to work
Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station15 August 2017
Worse company i have ever worked for worse environment ever unfriendly staff expect you to already have knowledge literally leave you to fend for yourself
Fun workplace
Transporter (Former Employee) –  West Edinburgh2 August 2017
I had to drop off and pick up cars from clients, i worked for 8-12 hours a day 5 days a week and had to just deliver cars from clients and then pick them up once they were done with them.
Pros
Pay always on time
Cons
Not the best pay
enjoyable job
sales agent and fleet coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dundee City30 July 2017
job is enjoyable however the pay is not good and "key time worker" is a nice way of saying zero hours contract. this would work for some but the job lacks a feel of stability. no where near enough opportunities to advance yourself significantly within the company. if you show willingness you will be given plenty more responsibility but no pay variation to reflect this.
Pros
travel all over country
Cons
low pay
Not the worst place to work
Driver/ Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool13 June 2017
Not the worst place in the world to work, if you get the right manager that understands the job properly and likes to keep their workers happy then you'll enjoy it. I left and actually regret it, chasing a better wage isn't always the best thing to do.

Some of the managers are firm, but they are there to do a job and not be your friend/ let you get away with murder.

At the end of the day there isn't that many jobs that will pay you to drive around in brand new cars all day.

The zero hour contracts need to be looked into and scrapped IMO, treated like you are contracted until they don't need you and just send you home, and unfortunatley depending on the branch that you get too there could be alot of late nights. you do get paid for all these but its starts to get a bit tiring 11pm finishes then back in at 8am the next morning.
Pros
Some great managers, paid to drive brand new cars.
Cons
Zero hour contract, Very Long hours at times
dont apply
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Leicester, UK9 June 2017
I have nothing nice to say about the place, every manager who works there are either related or are friends from before so your not going to be getting a team leader job at all, theres no room for progress also the pay is the lowest.
Cons
no professionalism, low pay
Good team
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester21 May 2017
This is a vers easy job.Very good team every body very friendly.managment is very flexible.we just do a long shift sometimes.This job is very good for a new drivers
Pros
Easy job
worst company ever
Rental Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scotland17 May 2017
If i had to write a review i would prefer not to. I found the management structure poor, back stabbing self centred staff. no work balance, work until well after closing time
Pros
Cons
the company
Chew you you up and spit you out.
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Scotland14 March 2017
The company operates most of its employees at stations on zero hour contracts. Most of the time this is fine except for in quieter times when you end up working less hours.

The station I am at is understaffed so we end up working 50+ hour weeks all the time. No more personal time as you are always at the station serving irritable cheap customers.

The company operates with a minimal fleet size so as soon as it gets busy you end up not having enough cars. This happens almost everyday in the summer and most weekends in the quieter seasons.
Pros
Plenty of incentives for sales agents. Okay bonuses. New cars
Cons
Long hours. Zero hour contract. Impossible targets. Management has lost touch. Cheap customers.
Avoid working here like the plague.
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester13 March 2017
This company presents itself as a customer service based job, but it is not. I worked for Europcar for six weeks, the training is long winded and useless the Management at Manchester airport are shocking. One of the managers purposely screws over other employees so she can make commission, the commission structure is also pretty bad since you sign a contract immediately that says the can take it away for any reason.
The worst part is that they regularly have no cars to rent and they tell you to lie to angry customers about failed deliveries, and still expect you to make a certain target of revenue a day which basically includes tactfully manipulating customers into taking a bigger car for more money when Europcar didn't have the car to begin with. This is the worst thing about the company, it is a car rental company who regularly has no cars and still punishes employees for it's shortcomings. It is a very fake and unnecessarily pressured environment. Manchester Airport has such a high turnover of employees for this reason. Terrible job.
Pros
They eventually provide you with a uniform
Cons
No cars to rent, High ridiculous expectations, greedy and somewhat prejudiced management, ridiculous hours
Wouldn't work here again
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Lewisham, UK4 March 2017
I ran the branch for over a year, and in that time, I found that I was working many more hours that my contracted stated, as I treated the branch as my own business. When I asked for help with extra staff from my manager, he was very slow, which meant I was working 70+ hours a week, 7 days a week.
Challenging and ever-changing
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 March 2017
Working for Europcar can be demanding yet greatly rewarding. They have excellent bonus/incentive scheme that can reward top sellers.Training is provided regularly and if you want to progress through the company there are various schemes that you can apply for. Car rental is a tough and demanding industry as fleet availability is often low. Inevitably you make it work.
Pros
Bonus scheme and management opportunities
Cons
stressful working environment
interesting management process
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, UK1 March 2017
i personally had a bad experience with management during my time at europcar, overtime there was an issue or something that needed sorting another manager would turn up to "sort it out" after i left the manager was inevitably replaced.
Empresa agradável de trabalhar
Manutenção e entrega de carros (Former Employee) –  Saint Helier, Jersey15 February 2017
Trabalhava 9 horas por dia, 6 dias por semana, com uma equipa de 5 pessoas com excelente dinâmica. Trabalho produtivo. Era o único que trabalhava na área de limpeza e preparação dos carros e lidava com imensos carros por dia.
A parte mais difícil do trabalho era por vezes o excesso de carros e a pressão de prepará-los em pouco tempo.
Pros
Tudo bem regulado e organizado.
not the best place to work
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Heathrow Station14 February 2017
No Progression, management dont help staff and their problems, management pass staff around and dont deal with things.
staff was great to work with, although management loves putting a blind eye to the lazy staff and do nothing about it
Pros
Commission
Cons
Poor Structure, targets get harder every month to de-motivate staff
a great company to work for
Sales agent/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Luton Airport2 January 2017
After spending nearly 9 years of my life working for Europcar ,I can only say that it is a great company to work for.. excellent staff, down to earth management, a sense of belonging and the privilege of been much more than just a number...
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
shift work
Good job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Putney bridge10 December 2016
It is a good job as a driver meeting many kind of people . I can't complain about anything , everything is nice there , we have the best team and many good reviews
Productive and Different
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Warrington2 November 2016
Working at Europcar was one of the best experiences in my professional career to date.
The customer base that I had acquired gave the job that personal touch and allowed me to fully enjoy my role there.
Pros
Bonuses based on performance
Cons
Blame culture
Poor
Fleet Controller (Former Employee) –  Orpington29 October 2016
Poorly managed company expected to work long hours and if contracted any hours over you don't get paid for it .no incentive's bad environment defo not advise any one to work for this company
Pros
New cars
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Croydon4 October 2016
Overall I have enjoyed my time here at europcar I have gone through a great progression at this company I have gained so many skills which will help my future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Europcar. Our community is ready to answer.

Europcar Reviews by Location