Euro Garages Employee Reviews

Slave labour
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 February 2018
Underpaid, understaffed, overworked, patronised by management, outdated uniform policy, excessive workload, hours cut with no notice given, no staff discount of any type.
Pros
Worked with nice people.
Cons
Everything else.
Dreadful company
Starbucks supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monmouth7 February 2018
I worked in the Starbucks, monthmouth for a very long time and I had 6 different managers there and my last one ended up getting rid of me. Loyalty means nothing, the hours are awful, the are ALWAYS short staffed and you will often need to cover shifts or feel guilty if you don’t. Terrible training as they allow supervisors to run shift without the basic barista training- I would say definitely avoid- especially Monmouth services
Pros
Free drink on shift
Cons
Everything is awful there
do not work for EG
Sandwich Artist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester6 February 2018
Euro garages is easily the worst company i have worked for, Management has no clue what they are doing. hours are long. you don’t get breaks. they watch you and listen to you through cameras and microphones. treated like a slave with no benefits. we are open 364 days of the year and pay is the same. The occasional nice customers is the only positive.
Pros
Honestly, nothing
Cons
poor management, long hours, no breaks, average pay and spied on 24/7
Horrendous company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Uttoxeter, Staffordshire4 February 2018
Min wage but expect you to give them the earth.
Minimal staff on shift no matter how busy.
Speakers and cameras in the stores watching and listening to you.
No recognition
Work all the hours under the sun and they will still get rid of you if your face suddenly doesn’t fit.
Won’t fix anything when things break.
0 hour contract
“Bonus scheme” in place but dosent get explained to you.
Ask for sales ideas, send email after email with the ideas and nothing happens to support the store from trying to get sales higher.
Pros
Free food if you want it
Cons
Horrendous company
productive,fast paced workplace
Sales Advisor - Full Time/3rd in command (Current Employee) –  west midlands29 January 2018
this is a good company to work for as it can help you further your career and get up the ladder to reach supervisor and management roles.
good place to work if you like to be kept busy.
Pros
Meeting new people, opportunities to further your career ie supervisor, management....
Cons
24 hour sites so will be expected to work unsociable hours
i dont recommend
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff24 January 2018
awful store, area and regional management. poor excuse of a company. 0 hour contracts and will stop you working if they dislike your personal character.
Pros
free drinks from subway
Cons
treated like a slave for bare minimum wage
Great Experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romsey, Hampshire14 January 2018
* My second day at work when i was still picking up things slowly.
it was so busy, had a queue of customers in front of me when i was on Till. also Regular customers complaining about missing items on shelf.

* I learned that how to manage a typical day like this by being very polite to customers and apologising for the wait to be served and for the missing items. and from that day all those customers started calling me by my Name.

* Hardest part of the job is when you dealing with Drunk and very Rude Customers.

* Enjoyable part of my job is that i enjoyed talking to people.
Brilliant family team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cockermouth, Cumbria13 January 2018
Was made welcome the moment i stepped thought the door, fast paced environment and you are never clock watching.
Accommodating for holidays an flexible with shifts if you give plenty of notice.

Reasonable pay with scope for overtime
Pros
30% off discount, brilliant team, brilliant regulars
Cons
The miss hates that i stink of coffee 😂
Not an enjoyable pro life
Sales assistant/petrol (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire10 January 2018
No management skills
Problems swept under the carpet
Staff treated like dirt
Pay bad
Family employing family and allowing them to do nothing and other staff being taken advantage off
Pros
Cons
Rubbish hours low pay poor environment to work in
Don’t do it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greggs markham vale7 January 2018
There for 18 months and just got treated like dirt. Manager was shocking and didn’t care about staff same goes for area manager, if it wasn’t to do with the store doing well they didn’t want to know. Never work for Euros again!
Pros
Some staff were alright
Terrible place to work
Greggs Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire22 December 2017
After being told I would be given a 40 hour contract, I was placed on a 16 hour contract instead, the manager favortises one member of staff who he is friends with.
Play is terrible for what you have to deal with
Maneger and supervisors do not support staff in any way whatsoever
No job security as was told if I didn't do overtime hours when asked then they would find someone who would
Not given full training and always told that I will receive certain training and it never happens.
Pros
Free hot drinks at work
Cons
Long hours, unsupportive staff, terrible wages, no job security
Rubbish company
General Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire19 December 2017
Worked for this company for 3 months and never again. My hours were dropped without warning was treated really bad by the boss and the area manager was useless.
Got sacked for no reason after a review and was told I was never on time for work never worked well in a team when I only worked with the manager and a supervisor never the other team members and my work was not up to standard even though I cleaned the place washed up and loads while the managerest didn't do anything.
Pros
Cons
Unfriendly staff rubbish hours
great
Office Junior (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire6 December 2017
great job volunteered here for 2 years had fun decent pay amazing everything is good, typical day is working 9-5 and working on various projects on which i learnt a lot. from starbucks to subway to esso. even client meetings.
Slave labour
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear2 December 2017
Euro garages seriously need to look in to the fake promises theyre offering. Staff in the fuel stations get no benefits, no discounts in store, no training. The contracts are zero hour and minimum wage. They have an open door lone working policy meaning on night shift you have to let everybody into the shop and sign a disclaimer to say youll agree. Obviously working night shift alone in a garage with the door open causes so many problems for the staff and police are called pretty much nightly. They have no regard for the safety of staff who are the ones that are actually running the place.
Pros
Better than job seekers allowance
Cons
zero hour contract minimum wage open door policy
Avoid
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cockermouth, Cumbria17 November 2017
Awful company to work for!
Limited staff and not allowed anymore on shift even at busy times, backstabbing, no support.
Slave labour...
Only work here if you have no other choice.
Cheap and nasty!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire15 November 2017
Don’t do it! Worse mistake you will ever make! No help, no commitment, just awful! Never known a company refuse to help! Wages are awful and is such a poorly ran company.
Cons
Terrible job with highh expectations and poor treatment from management and customers
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading15 November 2017
This is BY FAR the worst job I've ever had in my life and that is saying something, lets put it this way: Being a cleaner again is starting to look high class...
When I used to work there, the job was horrible, work hours were confusing and ridiculous, manager seemed to do nothing better except literally yell at me for standing around even though I was at the cash register waiting for customers to arrive.
Customers are always rude, like the lack of food or cold food is our fault.
Area manager is always yelling at us employee's.
Pros
Its a job?... If you can call it that I guess...
Cons
Poor pay, treated like garbage by management, terrible and confusing work times etc
Awful Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampshire11 November 2017
They do not care about you or your safety just money . Avoid them at all costs . You can end up being left on your own in a busy garage if someone goes sick Can't have a break or go to the toilet . Can end up working a 16 hour shift if someone goes sick . Very little training , No support from Manager or Area Manager .
Pros
Non except plenty of hours because no-one wants to work there !
Cons
Everything !
Great company - Offer a career rather than a job
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Blackburn8 November 2017
I have worked for Euro Garages for nearly 3 years. In my time here i have learnt so much and developed new skills and gained confidence in my role.

Euro Garages have always supported me in my work and have given me the opportunity to progress within my role.
Pros
Flexible working hours / Fun working environment
Cons
Staff discount could be imrpoved
never working there again
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruddington27 October 2017
horrible place to work. wouldn't recommend to my worse nightmare at all.... I had to do a 22 hour shift once that was a killer to be honest. I hated that place.
Cons
did a 22 hour shift once

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Euro Garages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5