Euro Garages Employee Reviews

Avoid
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cockermouth, Cumbria17 November 2017
Awful company to work for!
Limited staff and not allowed anymore on shift even at busy times, backstabbing, no support.
Slave labour...
Only work here if you have no other choice.
Cheap and nasty!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire15 November 2017
Don’t do it! Worse mistake you will ever make! No help, no commitment, just awful! Never known a company refuse to help! Wages are awful and is such a poorly ran company.
Cons
Terrible job with highh expectations and poor treatment from management and customers
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading15 November 2017
This is BY FAR the worst job I've ever had in my life and that is saying something, lets put it this way: Being a cleaner again is starting to look high class...
When I used to work there, the job was horrible, work hours were confusing and ridiculous, manager seemed to do nothing better except literally yell at me for standing around even though I was at the cash register waiting for customers to arrive.
Customers are always rude, like the lack of food or cold food is our fault.
Area manager is always yelling at us employee's.
Pros
Its a job?... If you can call it that I guess...
Cons
Poor pay, treated like garbage by management, terrible and confusing work times etc
Awful Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampshire11 November 2017
They do not care about you or your safety just money . Avoid them at all costs . You can end up being left on your own in a busy garage if someone goes sick Can't have a break or go to the toilet . Can end up working a 16 hour shift if someone goes sick . Very little training , No support from Manager or Area Manager .
Pros
Non except plenty of hours because no-one wants to work there !
Cons
Everything !
Great company - Offer a career rather than a job
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Blackburn8 November 2017
I have worked for Euro Garages for nearly 3 years. In my time here i have learnt so much and developed new skills and gained confidence in my role.

Euro Garages have always supported me in my work and have given me the opportunity to progress within my role.
Pros
Flexible working hours / Fun working environment
Cons
Staff discount could be imrpoved
never working there again
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruddington27 October 2017
horrible place to work. wouldn't recommend to my worse nightmare at all.... I had to do a 22 hour shift once that was a killer to be honest. I hated that place.
Cons
did a 22 hour shift once
Awful company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire21 October 2017
Big brother s watching you constantly being watched and listened to never worked for such a bad company
Made to feel so panoid listening to all conversations !
Pros
Cons
Slave away nothings good enough
Awful, the whole shop rides of you alone and very high stress
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire19 October 2017
6 month probation is ridiculous, after 2 months I taught the manager how to manually pay out a scratchcard.

Holidays are good, but management is ridiculous, the asm gets paid more to sit down in a warm office on a chair whilst you as the cashier wasn't allowed to sit down for your whole shift.

If somebody drove off with petrol and you didn't notice it until too late, YOU are charged on this. I had to pay £50+ for not noticing a man drive off.

On the whole you're better off working anywhere than a Euro-Garage.
Pros
Work alone on afternoons and nights, your own boss
Cons
Your only break from the workplace is a cigarette.
Productive and Helpful Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bilston, West Midlands19 October 2017
A day at work would be counting stock, stocking shelves, initiating security and safety checks, checking dates on shop floor, keeping the store clean and neatly merchandised.

What learned during my work experience was how to carry out safety checks to keep a safe and sound environment around the workplace. Also I learnt how to merchandise stock which benefit the stores sales leading to maximising profit

The workplace culture was a good environment to work in as the customers were approachable and the staff were very helpful and joyful which helped in the working environment.
Pros
Helpful Work Experience
Cons
no pay
worst company ever
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear19 October 2017
low paying job high expectations terrible management, treat employees terribly, have to work all bank holidays including Christmas day for no extra pay just minimum wage, if you don't like it leave attitude, no health and safety no breaks during nine hour shifts, someone steals fuel or items from shop during your shift it comes out of YOUR wage

never again left on my own accord after a year.

greedy greedy company.
Pros
the customers
Cons
everything about the company
Tiring and Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex12 October 2017
Night work is lonely boring and very tiring. Unfortunately working nights you only see others for a few minutes so apart from the usual interaction with management who were both good at their jobs and nice people there really isn't much of a culture.
Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London10 October 2017
Horrible . Whatever you do don't work here. Progressed to supervisor and just got treated like pure dirt. Did 50+ hours each week for them but just got more hurtful stuff thrown at me. Management never did their job
Cons
Great company to work for
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire30 September 2017
Eurogarages have been great to work for and if there was ever a problem they was always there to help. They also gave bonuses to them working really hard.
Pros
the communication
Cons
long hours some times
Zero Communication
Might as well be the manager (Current Employee) –  Pontypool, Torfaen20 September 2017
The higher ups will ignore you until you're useful to them, if you send them a question that demands an answer ASAP don't expect it at all, most of the managers are lazy and expect everyone else to do their jobs for them, and hardly any respect comes your way even if you practically spend your entire life in the shop working!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lazy Managers, No Communication, Lots of Miscommunication, Long hours with no warning
Always growing, never boring!
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire15 September 2017
Working at HQ there's never a dull day! Always new ventures and partnerships in the pipeline so a great sense of job security.
Whilst it's always busy, there's a relaxed and positive energy around the place. Everyone is really friendly and supportive. The hours are reasonably flexible allowing you to fit in your family and personal commitments.
Pay is pretty average but with so much growth there are always opportunities to move up, sideways or simply to get involved with something new so progression and development opportunities are a real plus. This goes for field and site staff too. Those who show commitment along with a bit of grit and determination are given opportunities!
Pros
Development, flexibility
Cons
Average pay/benefits
Awful company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire31 August 2017
Absolutely awful company to work for, if your face don't fit you are out with the blink of an eye!! You are spoken to like something of your shoe and are expected to move heaven and earth for a company that blatantly see you as number, all they care about is money and wether you are burning their electricity, and constantly put the prices of fuel up of a night hoping customers won't notice! Area managers will make you freeze out of date sandwiches so their wastage isn't high to ensure they get their bonuses while you are the dogs body who works 44 hour weeks and on call 24/7, they honestly couldn't care less about you as an individual. I have seen many employees and managers leave or be sacked, and it boils down to the fact that you are treated like they OWN YOU, because they pay you measly pittance. Save yourself the bother of even presenting them with your worthily presence as they will not thank you for it in the end.
Pros
Cons
Constantly take money from your wages if your till is over £3 down or have a drive off!!
Paid the bills
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caerwys19 August 2017
Euro Garages has grown quickly over the 9 years I worked for them, maybe too quickly. The service station side of the company had no benefits ( staff discount) unlike the food outlets. The store was always busy, lack of hours and staff at times could make customers short tempered but an apology usually did the trick. Management changed quite often and this didn't make for a very balanced team. The regular customers, of which we had many, made for a enjoyable day. Overall, I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No guarnteed hours
Great place to work, unfortunat hours
Bakers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Banbury17 August 2017
A great place to work with great prospects but hours are not always suitable for a busy single parent. The prospects of flexible are brilliant and the support is outstanding .
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Hours are limited
Good environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire31 July 2017
Good place and company to work for. Company offer benefit and bonus schemes. Good direction from senior leaders and management. Willingness to listen to new ideas.
Rude staff, disrespectful and unpleasant job
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Mold, Flintshire19 July 2017
I worked here for a short period, the manager spread personal issues with all of my staff members without my consent to do so. The staff would get funny with you if you need to take some change out of their till to serve customers (which is what you need to do to keep service running) some staff were okay but was left on own a lot of the time whilst the colleagues talked amongst themselves, no regard for new people, hard to fit in and overall awful company. If you have a drive off the manager would also try to take the amount off of your wages which shouldn't be aloud and wouldn't send payslips until you ask for them.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Euro Garages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2