Ernest Jones Employee Reviews

Great
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 November 2017
Learned some amazing things, met great people and got to handle products that amazed me from their beauty to their expense. Would reccomend working here.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey Quays5 September 2017
everyday was something new someone getting married or someone getting a gift or even just someone looking for a pick me up nice group around you and nice adventre
Pros
30% off
Well paid but very often humuliating
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 June 2017
The worst staff management I have ever experienced. People are beeing pushed around as well as pushed to their possibilites. Lots of ponishments beetwen staff not a single good word for hard work from any of main managers. They are literally never happy.
Pros
Good Commision
Cons
Work after clising time of the shop is UNPAID
Very good hours for students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London1 May 2017
Opening and closing the store, Training new staff, Visual Merchandising hotspots and portals, Handling Money, Sales and maintaining a clean and tidy store. The hours were very convenient for me fitting around college hours. The company is also very fair as the more sales you make it contributed towards a store target, if the target is met, at the end of the month commission is received.
Pros
Commision
Engaging workplace with a strong learning environment
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire26 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Ernest Jones. The team I worked with were all very welcoming and the shared work ethic meant that tasks were completed efficiently.
Was okay
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth13 April 2017
Tepid review as only worked 1 day a week due to family commitments. Found it hard to bond with them. Training sparse and frequent breakins meant working in other stores
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Staff at the time
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands3 April 2017
I am a passionate about excellent customer service so i deal with my own customer issues when sending their repairs away.When i start work i will look to see if i need to contact my repair customers whilst multi tasking to serve customers or answering the phone. When i get time i pick up my training via our on line training system. We have all types of customers so i mirror image them to give them the service they expect.
The store can be fast pace due to us serving a customer for up to an hour so other customers having to wait, i will apologize for they wait so the hardest part would be feeling frustrated that due to staff shortages i can not serve everyone.
The most enjoyable part is serving the customer and helping the new staff settle in with there training. You get out what you put in to it, i give an excellent service and know retails in my blood,can not see myself doing anything different.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Distance
Failed the online assessement
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2017
Filled out the application form and the online assessment test then failed.
This one size fits all style of application really dosnt fit all.Just as well as the job would suit a robot judging from the comments left by staff so had a lucky escape. I had emails asking how I felt about the job application process. This happened twice after which I assigned it to the junk bin!!
Great Exciting Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cardiff1 March 2017
Learnt a lot and lovely staff made it a dream to work for. Make sure you can commit to additional hours as it can get hectic.
great job , company want blood
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 February 2017
amazing feeling and a great place to work if you put in lots of unpaid hours and not bothered about proper breaks this is the company for you and you will go far, pay is good and so are the rewards with career progression for the right people, prepare to have no work life balance
Pros
staff discount, pay
Cons
no breaks, work many more hours than paid for

Want to know more about Ernest Jones?

Ask a question
Sales assistant
Sales assistant & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station12 February 2017
Learning about the luxury retail sector
assisting day to day sales
exceeding targets and kpi
visual window merchandising
interacting with clients
selling
no social life
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  resort world8 February 2017
okay to work no social life in retail,people were lovely to work with and very understanding. However customers can be quiet rude and give you a new prospective whilst shopping
Pros
disocunts
Cons
long shifts
Great fun, fast paced, well respected among other employers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  England17 January 2017
I have experience quick progression with Ernest Jones (currently assistant manaher) and have achieved this through secondments and covering where possible. There are other reviews that say the management is poor, and I have found otherwise. It is a large company and has its communication break down like any other organisation, but overall it is efficient and well communicated

Salary and benefits are great, Christmas is exhausting due to stressed and emotional customers but overall worth it
Pros
Respected among future employers, great prestige feel
Cons
Christmas is manic... but worth it
Good pay/benefits but not much else
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East29 December 2016
The pay is good and you do get great staff discount but overall the job itself is very boring and pushy, you are made to follow a 'script' when speaking to customers which sounds very robotic and quite ridiculous to be honest. The target system is made up of 5 categories which are some days impossible to reach and quite often very unbalanced. You are often given tasks to do but your targets are not adjusted meaning you loose out on sales and are then questioned why you haven't reached you're daily targets. The break system is also quite poor- no break on a 6 hour shift and only 1 hour break for a 9-5:30 shift.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Very American
Good Opportunity
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire24 December 2016
Greet customers with an enthusiastic and friendly attitude to ensure customers feel welcomed into the store. Strive to deliver the best of service whether at the till point, on the shop floor. It's important to demonstrate initiative and a flexible approach to create the best shopping experience. Also to use knowledge of the business to promote events, products, services, and offer customers more ways to shop through awareness of ordering services and on-line shopping.
good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 December 2016
Good place to work part-time as a student or a mother. Meeting face to face with customer who want to buy nice jewelry which is always fun! Staff are lovely
Fun job if you can stomach the managment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 November 2016
My coworkers were absolutely amazing to work with except from the store manager who, in short, was rude, petty and just a general displeasure to work for.

My manager was very nasty and belittling to staff and he would even mock and laugh at customers after they left the store and expected staff to join in.There were days when I had no lunch and no breaks at all.

The job itself is interesting and fun to do, I would just warn everyone who goes for an interview there to question if the managment is someone you're going to be able to work with
Pros
Fun customers
Cons
Bad managment
Great job, just the wrong time
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Torquay23 November 2016
I didn't work here for long enough to get the full benefits from this job due to having to leave early. The staff seemed lovely and welcoming and working in a small store is always nice getting to know people on a closer level.
high work load intense work enviroment
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Crawley2 October 2016
company has many benefits and as in all jobs has its pros and cons withing retail but the company itself has a very supportive nature for staff
Disorganised, no communication
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh1 September 2016
Started as experienced Sales Adviser in high end products. Told I could not do anything till I received training (reading through Signet's USA methods) Manager said not allowed to open cabinets, serve customers then told short staffed so too busy to train me!! Ended up cleaning, unpacking stock and one day checking 500 watch boxes.
All staff very nice but told me just be quiet and not to keep asking for 'training' as the Manager was always too busy.
Last straw was slipping down stairs carrying heavy industrial vacuum cleaner (daily task) because of all the boxes piled everywhere. Got a severe talking to when I said the working environment was not safe.
Manager suggested to me I might be happier elsewhere.
The end.
Pros
Cons
Rotas favoured certain staff who never seemed to work weekends