ENGIE Employee Reviews

Efficient and focused workplace
Service Centre Agent, Audio Typist (Current Employee) –  Blackpool25 January 2018
Flexible working hours with overtime during busy periods and respectful of health in the workplace. The company is willing to adjust hours depending on circumstances.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Not many opportunities for growth
Do yourself a fav and look somewhere else
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Darlington31 December 2017
I can only speak for Darlington, although you have Managers they are run by a Cleaning Supervisor. They are scared stiff of her. Nothing but bullying and the Managers are scared to say anything.
good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 December 2017
engie are very process driven, enjoyable place to work, however the work life balance has to be managed. because you can end up doing alot of driving.
Pros
wage
Cons
Productive and organised place to work
Temporary contract Asset / Fabric Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire18 December 2017
Work / drawings issued and left to organise survey visits myself. Kept manager up to date on surveys completed and next survey. Which meant I got on with the work and had a visit to site by the manager on the odd occasion. Keeping everyone informed is key.
Pros
Good salery
Cons
Long days
Its a job but not a career
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Winsford, Cheshire16 December 2017
I work at Engie based in winsford, Engie themselves seem a good company to work and they do make sure you are safe. The team running the contract are basically a working circus, if you are easily frustrated by daily office blunders then this job probably isn't for you, if you are smart and don't want to do much then this is your ideal job as office staff have no idea what you do as part of your day to day job. This is not there fault, they receive little training but most are nice enough personally. There is no stress of overwork, the stress on this contract is just office incompetence but if you can rise above this then this is actually quite a good job. There is a little bit of upper management ego that sometimes drifts down but if you smile and sign on the dotted line every now and then they drift back up into the land of unicorns. (Don't be put off by this as they are not a problem)
Office staff seem to "frightened" of upper management but most of this fear isn't upper managements fault, I think its because they are worried about being found out how terrible they are running the contract. ( again not office staffs fault, lack of resources and help from Engie themselves is doing this)
Pension is utter rubbish so if youre after this don't apply.
The contract I work on has good funding for some things and little for other things compared to other Engie contracts I hear about that isn't bad.
This is just a job and not a career, a career can only be carved out in winsford if you are willing to work take a lead role in the office and join the circus.
Lack of structure and
  more... organisation is what is letting things down and probably not people themselves.
The people are nice enough and so are the people and places where I work.
Its just really average, depends what you want I suppose. I'd say if you are 50 plus then this is probably a nice little job if your not interested in a career.
Pros
You get paid and sometimes for not doing a great deal
Cons
Nothing changes same old daily blunders
weak management
engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City11 December 2017
week management, continual moving of goal post, poor leadership and guidance.

Far too easy to blame the current low commodity price for everything and yet waste thousands of pounds on pointless travel all over europe, examples being having to fly to Den-Helder for a 2 hour meeting that could have easily been conducted via video link at a fraction on the cost.
Pros
Cons
poor management
It’s a good workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City4 December 2017
It’s fun to work as part of the cleaning crew good people and staff on site security guard is really friendly and easy to get on with the downside is that it’s only 3 hours a night with terrible pay
Pros
Fun to work there
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
good days where limited
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire23 October 2017
good place to work staff where not happy lot of tension head chef and manager was a bully but they soon sorted the problem out by replacing him with a completely different manager who was a much better understanding person somebody you could talk to
Its a job
Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire23 October 2017
Lots of travel. Boss is good to work for tries to help whenever he can. Spend a lot of time picking up projects from other parts of the business / sorting any issues bringing the project from concept to reality.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Lots of travel
Productive and Fast paced
Audio typist (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire12 October 2017
Worked from 9 to 5

Audio typist role where I had to listen to recorded data between 2 or more parties to create a transcript.
I was required to type a minimum of 52 recorded minutes per day.

It was a limited talking environment as you worked with headphones on so talking meant you weren't necessarily working. This is what I found most difficult about the job, as I enjoy forming relationships with my colleagues.

Management would mark our work from time to time to make sure there were limited mistakes and then give us feedback on our work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to some of the recorded tapes and listening to the incidents.
Pros
Working hours, good location, generous pay
Cons
Little room for improvement, very little diversity, quiet atmosphere

Want to know more about ENGIE?

Ask a question
Work here if you don't want to feel valued
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 October 2017
No direction or proper work instructions given and line manager would always look for somebody else to blame even when he made the mistakes.

Instructed to carry out task without appropriate training, this is rife here.

There was a us and them culture and managers would talk down to you knowing they could get away with it as there is no union to fight your corner.

PPE was not always available.

No staff progression. I worked with somebody who had been there 4 years and never been on a training course

It's definitely if your face fits culture
Pros
Tools good the ones they provided
Cons
Had to supply some of our own tools to get job done.
Productive workplace
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2017
Productive workplace, work /life balance and some really lovely, knowledgeable people. Really good atmosphere, work ethic and team ethos second to none
Good company to work for
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Nothwest27 September 2017
On the whole engie is a good company to work with plenty of overtime available if your willing to put the hours in you can bring home good money all in all their a decent company
Pros
Overtime
lovely people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 September 2017
I learn how to work as a team or entertaining and made show I had good time keeping and made show I done it to the best of my ability, my daily task were doubled to a lack of staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the team as we all work hard together to get the job done.
Pros
my work places was up the road.
Cons
short hours
summary
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  North West5 September 2017
My typical day is 7am - 7pm which gives me the flexibility if I have any personal chores I need to complete. The culture here is good and I enjoy all the people I work with.
Pros
no micro management
Cons
can be long hours
engie
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  london aquatics centre4 September 2017
This company is a good company to work for but it's only if you can get the hours they train you well and do help with things if you want to learn more. It is hard work but if your not shy of work then this is good for you.
Pros
uniform, wage
Cons
shift work, 0 hour contract after 2 years still no contract
favouritism, management rule staff just exist
Corporate Receptionist/Switchboard/Meeting Room (Former Employee) –  Euston25 August 2017
not a good company to work for, stay away. there are no benefits and they do not care
The staff that suffer the most are the front of house staff in all the buildings.
Management do not want to hear your feedback and just want you to look pretty smile and let the client talk down to you but you must not complain.
Pleasant atmosphere, great team to work with and good hands-on management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 August 2017
Great company to work for,really good team-mates, hands on management,easy to get on with. I found that management are prepared to go that extra mile for you.
Pros
Decent enough wage, good hours- 4 on 4 off
Cons
On you`r feet all day, irregular breaks.
Regularly going though re organisation
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire18 August 2017
Business is contentiously changing after it bought out Balfour Beatty Workplace.

Pay and benefits are basic due to work and very unstructured in management.
Not my cup of tea
Mail operator (Current Employee) –  Telford8 August 2017
Some people enjoy the store but I hated every aspect from managers to customers and the majority of the team
Other than that there is not a lot more I can say if you in joy and slow based life style you will fit in well with the morning staff but if you like a life style where managers moan and nit pick you every move and decision then the evening shift is for you
Pros
Home time
Cons
Staff and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENGIE. Our community is ready to answer.