Elsevier Employee Reviews

Fun place
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wid26 July 2017
Very good company to work for just unfortunate that they decided to re locate in the south of the country which ment staff were made redundant in the Widnes depot
proactive
Journal Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford1 April 2017
excellent works ethics and environment, responsible for the management of 13 journals, from start of publication to finish. dealing with all areas of publishing
good
Professional Environment & Growth Opportunities
Software Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire23 February 2017
I would like to work in an environment where there is continuous learning and opportunities to make contribution towards growth and explore new innovative ideas.
A good stepping stone
Journal Submissions Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Kidlington3 January 2017
I can't speak for the whole company but my personal experience was disappointing. There was no option for career progression officially and some departmental policies were unjustified.
Terrible place to work
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Kidlington1 February 2016
Awful culture as well as 1950's style management. Evil company from the outside in, very low ethics and willingness to outsource everything.
Productive and interesting job
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, UK24 March 2015
This was my first taste of working in a customs services environment where we mostly worked per telephone and email which was interesting and I realised that I am customer focused and loved the challanges clients provided on a daily basis. My previous jobs all were more behind the scenes jobs and this was the first job where we had direct contact with the clients on a daily basis.
Very good company to work for
Local Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire4 March 2015
Overall Elsevier is a very good company. Very flexible working. Learned lots about the Publishing industry along with typesetting and printing.

Co workers were brilliant
Pros
Lots of good Benefits
Plenty of Lean events
EMEA Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ENG24 February 2015
Tier 1 daily meetings, plenty of Lean events, the state-of-the-art in CRM, fair in-house invoice software, multi-disciplinar, multi-cultural teams.
Productive company which really invest in leading the way in Customer Service
EMEA Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ENG22 February 2015
- Typical day at work: Tier 1 Lean daily meetings where I have visual control on KPIs board, query volume, incidents, updates on data base and online plataforms, share information with the team members, tasks assigment, etc.

- What I learned: CRM RightNow, taking bank details from customers over the phone, tokenizing and processing invoice payments, Lean Six Sigma Methodology focused on problem solving and wastes reduction: I participated in Lean Six Sigma events to improve processes: map procedures, identified pain points, spot solutions, tasks assignment, etc. Phone skills.

- Management: great balance on organizing new Lean projects and keeping the queries queues within Turn Around Time and First time Resolution targeted parameters.

- Your co-workers: great multi-cultural and international team (EMEA, APAC, USA) always willing to contribute in improvements

- The hardest part of the work:

It has been to attend all the leaning opportunites, workshops, rapid events, training, etc in-house provided

- The most enjoyable part of the job: it has been dealing with customers: I have delivered the best customer care as possible and lead my team with 100% Customer Satisfaction in feedback surveys.
Elsevier
Local Supplier Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire27 November 2014
Currently working as a Local Supplier Co-ordinator. I liase with our off shore suppliers regarding query's they have with work that has been transitioned.
Pros
Saye, Pension, Holiday Buy Scheme
Daily Customer Service
Executive Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford7 January 2014
Daily contact with Authors, Reviewers, Editors, Journal Managers and Journal Publishers via telephone and e-mailing.
Elsevier deals with very high standard Journals, such as The Lancet. I have personal monthly targets as well as Team deadlines. My department is related to the Operations of the company, regarding the procedure from submission to publication of a final product within 2,000 different journals related to Health, Science and Technology.

Apart from the daily tasks, I ensure to go an extra mile to improve personal profile as an employer.

An on going process of improvement by solving individual and group project. These are created and analysed by looking at the causes, conflicts, methods, data and solutions.
The importance of the completion on these mini projects are to improve the customer service delivered to each customer every day.

Finally, being a global company, I daily deal with vary international customers as well as work colleagues.
Pros
Great Team to work with
Cons
Do not value their employees
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ENG8 September 2013
Very interesting industry (Scientific Publishing) but the the pay is poor and the salary bands/scales are laughable.
Pros
Work-Life balance
Cons
Undervaluing of employees
Exciting and fast moving in eCommerce, professional people striving to improve.
Director eCommerec Solution Delivery (Former Employee) –  Oxford, UK10 May 2013
With team review stability of platforms over last 24hrs, address any big performance spikes or issue. Continue Programme/project work to deliver schedules. Lots of process improvement opportunity. People willing to help. Can be very satisfying to see success and improvements, sometimes can be a long road to get there.
Pros
People wanting to focus and work together across several cultures and continents.
Cons
Expectations to deliver without required funding can be an impossible challenge.