Edinburgh Airport Employee Reviews

Great customer service, out going, motivated, netting new and working with new people,
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ground floor11 November 2017
I love working and meeting new people making friends enthusiastic
I love learning new things and I love being trained into doing something that I'm totally new to
Having great customer services is my passion to work and helping them if they not understand anything
Outgoing personality
Pros
Free site entrances and free costa coffee
Cons
Long hours but worth it
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport31 May 2017
Good place to work, I got to experience most of the areas in the airport and work in them like I was part of the team. Everyone was very welcome and I enjoyed myself.
constance work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport10 May 2017
dealing with different cultures
able to work on own initiative
working in different deadlines
to deliver high quality standards and service
working with a computerised till
Pros
constance work and shifts
Cons
20 mins break
Exciting...working in the airport itself ONLY!
Edinburgh Airport (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport16 November 2016
Managers with no people skills and no leadership skills. For their job role they do not demonstrate the skills they should. Pretty much a joke. Working in the airport itself is meant to be good though.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Managers that shouldn't be in their role, lack of care for staff
Busy workplace
Customer service role as part of the Welcome Team (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport27 September 2016
Constantly on the go and making sure you give the best possible customer service possible. This job is good for communication skills and confidence.
Good for short term career prospects
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, United Kingdom2 September 2016
Relatively new company so have not developed company culture or progression opportunities which would make it a long term viable career choice. Very interesting place to work however, with some great individual people in various departments.
Pros
People
Cons
Company Culture
edinburgh airport
BAGGAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 August 2016
Duties included putin suitcases on converter for a surcuity check..helping people with there suitcases..looking through scanner for drugs....meeting new people
Pros
loved it
Team Leader
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT4 August 2015
0 h contract no life low salary we need to be human not machine, you never know your shift, you rarely stop and the security system need to be review badly.
Cons
pay the 15 of the next month
Very busy
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT17 June 2015
A great place to work and a lot of different situations to challenge you throughout your working day. Excellent people to work with and a great atmosphere.
Good days work
Transporter/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT1 May 2015
A good job for those beginning/wanting a career within the airport

Tasks will be allocated as planes are about to enter the airports radius. Jobs included, unloading the planes and taking customers baggage to the correct locations. Any dangerous goods are then processed properly and taken to correct location

overall a good job with lots of laughs but had to leave due to birth of daughter
Pros
Good work company and management
Cons
Tough work when lots of planes to unload
fun place to work
baggage handler (Former Employee) –  edihburgh10 February 2015
put the baggage onto the planes
you need to keep your eyes open when doing the job at hand
fun place to work
it was a good company to work for
No thanks
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT11 July 2014
Not prepared to write a full review for various reasons.

No work life balance

Not managed very well

Great people to work with

Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and going home at the end of shift
Every day is different!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT15 March 2014
Shifts can start from 03.30 up to a 13.30 start - all 8 hour shifts. Because we deal with the general public, we never know who may come through the airport - hence no 2 days the same.That is what I like most about the job. Being part of a team and meeting lots of different people on a day to day basis also adds to the enjoyment. Being responsible for making peoples journey safe is also rewarding. We can process over 1 million passengers in a month during the summer!!! There are several hundred security staff and although not everyone can get on due to the pressure we are sometimes under, the large majority of the staff are great. A new management was introduced since we were bought over in 2012 and they have different ideas to the previous one and adjusting has been challenging.Hardest part is the shift system we operate. Finishing on a backshift with a day off, then starting on a very early shift (04.00)
Enjoyable part of the job - variety!!!
Pros
Paid breaks and supplied uniform
Cons
Terrible shift patterns
perfect
serving  (Former Employee) –  employee9 July 2013
i got on day day to shifts, there was never a typical day when i worked there.
Pros
luch, dinner
Cons
10am tilll 10pm
productive workplace
Airport Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport6 March 2013
I worked constant nighshift, it would consist of 8 patrols covering the whole airport, sweeps of the international arrivals corridor, sweeps of the lounge make sure no passengers are hanging around the lounge advising them to proceed to domestic arrivals. Covering the papa vehicles when they are out of commission by doing a foot patrol until they are back on the apron doing their duties. Assisting the cleaners with any problem passengers they have while cleaning the airport. I worked in a team of 8 we worked well together always as a team got our duties done we were a close team. I learned how to operate an xray machine, how to find concealed items both on their persons and in their luggage. Management were mostly responsible for the running of the board each day for tea breaks queue managing. The hardest part of the job was the abuse you have to take, you just have to let it brush off your back your only doing your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all different types of people from all over the world and a few famous people.
Pros
discounted duty free perfumes