EAT Employee Reviews

Una empresa joven llena de oportunidades
Jefe de cocina (Former Employee) –  Bristol5 December 2017
La empresa desde un principio confio en mi, dandome la oportunidad de demostrar mis capacidades, siempre se me brindo un trato profesional en todos los aspectos, incluso se me brindo un profesor de ingles particular para potenciar y mejorar mi ingles, la empresa esta comprometida con su comunidad, y con sus empleados, solo puedo decir que es sin dudas una de las mejores empresas en las que he trabajado , pudiendo sentir que se me dio la posibilidad de creder como profesional dentro de esta profesion que tanto amo.
Pros
Continua formacion y motivacion del empleado
Cons
Realmente no puedo encontrar ninguna contra
Not Fair Bonus
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Westminster, Greater London17 November 2017
evreyday We non stop asking customers 2 question
"take away" or "eat in"
"any hot drink?"
somtime we have to ask 2-3 times for same customers, becoz they never ans. we got 4 weeks pass for mystery shop. but we just got one week bouns, where is our 3 weeks bouns?
i know top 30% shops can get bonus.
but management have to know, we pass 4 week, just got 1 week, just that mean, we dont need to ask anymore, the result is same, and teammember never know which shop can get bonus, the head office never make it public, so u dont give bonus to some shop, save some money, no one knows?
Pros
free food, but not only this company can do it
Cons
too much.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 November 2017
Have gained a lot of experience on a variety of fields such as cash handling, quick service, preparing hot food and baguettes, time management as the job requires you to be quick in order to please the customers and also have been trained to be a barista. The whole team worked in sink which made everyones job easier and therefore made everyone a very happy colleague.
Pros
£6 daily allowance and 50% off
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Dependienta/Cajera (Former Employee) –  londres19 September 2017
Ambiente divertido, los companeros siempre trabajaban en equipo y no habia ningun problema entre ellos.
Buzz
Supervisor/ Customer Host (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2017
If it's not broke don't fix it.

Too many changes that made no impact on sales.

The pressure was then put on staff to fill voids in customer service that became unattainable.

Many good people left.
Pros
Lunch on the house
Cons
N/a
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Eastcheap19 August 2017
Multicultural teams, easy to work with, very engaging customers (from my point of view). Provides opportunities to grow inside the company. Learned how to multitask, manage a heterogeneous team and deal with potential complaints.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Work on weekends
Learn a lot
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 August 2017
A customer host is hard work and emptying the bins and cleaning etc isn't for everyone. It consists of the standard jobs restocking shelves cooking food, prepping sandwiches. However management wasn't too good, there was often too many or too little staff on shift.
Pros
Lunch allowance
Cons
Physically draining
Great
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2017
Fantastic atmosfere, great colleagues, great food, happy customers, located near the marvelous Saint Paul Cathedral overwhelmed by sun and cold drinks
Flexible company with bad talent management
Barista (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 July 2017
In my short experience here I saw how disorganised this company is. The manager spends too much time supervising their employees instead of focusing on value added tasks.
Pros
free lunches
Feel like working in Asia
Retail Team Member (Current Employee) –  London4 July 2017
Only care about the customers.
They want us to do many things at the same time ,also do really fast and well ,meanwhile need to follow all the policies and rules. This is not good for anyone. Nothing get done properly and staff get exhausted which leads to slower and worse team. And that's not customers want as well.
I actually got used to change my clothes in that storage room which has many chemical liquids.
My point is there's definitely a reason (or some reasons) why people come and go a lot or even lied about they were heading back to their countries while quitting.
Pros
£6 lunch and 50% discount
Cons
Too many
Low Pay, Operation Managers treat you like animals
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Strutton Ground8 June 2017
Pay for Managers below avarage and expectations to high , its just probably up to Operational Manager always asking to do a lot of extra hours for free, not appriciated for what you do, no motivation at all, bonus sheme (Forget about that )
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Bad ops managers
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London15 May 2017
This work is about customers and customers only. Your job is to lead your team to provide as good customer service as possible and to drive sales. The management is usually professional and supportive but that depends on the shop and area you are in. The hardest part of the job is long hours and work overload. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your team and having fun out of it. It does not last long though sometimes due to high staff turnover including GMs and area managers.
Pros
Free staff meals
Cons
Fast work, not great pay
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  London19 April 2017
I worked in a London EAT branch and was being paid £7.10 an hour during probation, which would increase 10p after probation while working as a Customer Host. This is pretty far below the living wage in such an expensive city as London.

The opportunities for advancement were good! Within the months I worked there (around 5 months) I had been nominated for Barista training and then to become Kitchen Leader.

Management was very reasonable in general.

You learn a lot about food safety standards and the handling of hot food. You also learn about re-stocking procedures and how to serve food. You'll learn about making coffees in your induction and can then go on to do a Barista course possibly... And of course there's the making of the food that is served in store like baguettes.

In a day I would start usually at 6am on the opening and if I was in the kitchen would spend the morning preparing food, then come late morning to afternoon I would be on tills for the lunch rush. If upstairs it was till work. Early shift ends usually at 2pm or 3pm. On closing shift I started at 11am or 12pm. If 11am, I would change breakfast foods to lunch foods. 12-2 was usually dominated with till work or running hot food - going between the kettle and bain marie - or serving hot food (ladling into soup cups etc). After that you would start clean up, restocking crisps/drinks etc, dish-washing, mopping, sweeping... Disposing of excess foods later on in the day. And sorting out the rubbish as well.

Hardest part of the job I would say is that you have to be REALLY fast at everything - EAT chains
  more... in London vary in how busy they are but can be totally loaded with customers around lunch and breakfast times. Either you have to serve very efficiently or you willl l run around in protective gear doing the hot foood which can be VERY sweaty as all of the soups need to be over 80 degrees celsius.

Best/most enjoyable part... Free food on shift - break and lunch. A good sense of community in each branch. I loved making coffee and spending time in the kitchen.
Pros
Free lunches, fast advancement
Cons
Hard, sweaty work, some heavy lifting involved at times, customers can be rude
work in a pleasant environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex9 March 2017
The team is very good, kind and professional. Easy to have a laugh with them. You can work in a pleasant environment. No early opening or late closing.
Very friendly staff
Customer Host (Current Employee) –  London14 November 2016
You will learn a lot of new things from working at EAT. such as how to prepare sandwiches and other foods. How to make different kinds of coffees. You also have an opportunity to get promoted to higher roles such as lead barrister, manager, assistant manager etc.
Pros
£6 for lunch
Cons
very busy
Good people but boring after a while
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  London6 November 2016
I enjoyed my time working in EAT although it was only about two months. My managers were really great and despite the little amount of arguments, I really liked them.
Typical day at work was really boring and 80% of the job is just cleaning (time-wise).
Free food was really good thing but you get fed up very quickly.
The most enjoyable part was good relationships and working weekends - really chill.
The hours are ok.
I did not like being in kitchen doing baguettes all morning. You have to do the same thing all over again like million times.
Good starting point while moving in the UK/London. Wouldn't stay there more than 6 months...
Pros
Free food, good people, ok hours
Cons
Boring, repetitive, lots of cleaning
Ambiente multicultural, jefe dinámico y buen trato.
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  Londres2 November 2016
Trabajo en conocida cadena de cafés en Londres, donde recibía formación continua, tuve apoyo de mi jefe y supervisor en todo momento, así mismo de mis compañeros.
Los horarios eran flexibles y podía compaginarlo con otras actividades.
Fui propuesta para ser promovida de puesto pero tuve que regresar a España por motivos familiares.
La parte de mayor dificultad fue al principio por el idioma, tuve que aprender en tiempo récord el nombre de diferentes tipos de menús y familiarizarme con ellos.
Lo que más me gustó fue conocer a unos buenos compañeros y tener el apoyo de mis jefes.
Pros
Pago puntual de la nómina y beneficios para los trabajadores.
Cons
La distancia entre el trabajo y mi vivienda.
Fun and rewarding
assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay20 October 2016
carried out various admin tasks if they needed doing. making teas and coffees for customers. I would also help anyone with there IT, should they need it. It was very interesting to listen to the Work Course as I was able to pick up various tips on how to improve my CV, cover letter, how to write application forms etc. The most challenging part is when you have a customer who doesn't want to be there, and they can be quite obnoxious, but that rarely happened.
Fun and very a busy workplace
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  London7 October 2016
Very busy always on your toes on the job.
Learned how to communicate confidently with customers.
Management was great.
Outstanding team
Cleaning
Team
Fun work place but low Salary
Customer Host, Trainer (Current Employee) –  London Moorgate18 September 2016
I've been working for EAT for over 1 year. It's not an easy job, but i have always gave 100% as I am a hard working person. The people were very nice and polite but the job itself was very chaotic and bad orgenised. The reason I quit is money. Low hour rate was not enough taking the amount of work into account.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low Salary, chaos, overall managment