East of England Ambulance Service Trust Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive workplace
Call Centre Operator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire22 May 2017
No two days are ever the same, some things happen which you cannot plan for, but everyone always pull together to make it work. There is good teamwork between staff and the people are a joy to work with.
The hardest part of the job is the shift work, it is something which is very hard to get used to, especially at the beginning. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to speak to members of the public and getting a feeling that you are making a difference to their lives, it is very rewarding.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
good
Emergency Call Handler (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford10 January 2017
I work for the ambulance service as a call handler. It is a very challening and demanding job. Each day is a diferent day and each call is different. Everyone supports eachother in the room.
great place to work
Community First Responder (Current Employee) –  Wickford13 December 2016
I am a Community First Responder for the East of England Ambulance Service, this is on a voluntary basis, with friendly crews
Pros
Cons
voluntary, so not paid
great job increasingly becoming bogged down with buracracy
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Norwich26 February 2016
we work 12hour shifts which often become longer with late finishes,
the job has changed over the years from mostly emergency work to more primary care function.

we are struggling with a top heavy management structure but most of us really look forward to dealing with the public, trying to do the job with a smile on our face.

the best part for me is when you see your efforts have made a real difference to a patient and their family and they have finally got the correct help they need.
Pros
helping people
Cons
long hours and managemennt