East Riding of Yorkshire Council Employee Reviews

Approach with Care
Services Assistant Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire5 November 2017
If your face fits and you can shout people down you will get on well with East Riding of Yorkshire Council. If not, then possibly you won't. Longevity of service means nothing at the end of the day & if you are off work for more than one long term absence due to a disclosed congenital condition, then don't expect any sympathy from this organisation.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed large parts of my time & there are some very nice and pleasant senior members of staff within this employer but this service was hampered by periods which were not so pleasant & there are too many Managers who don't listen. whatever the known outcome even if they have been told repeatedly, whom are too wrapped up in their own self-importance & delusional place in society to do the right thing.
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Bullying culture
Excellent, freindly and educational working experience
Revenue Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire16 August 2017
An enjoyable working life and experience at East Riding of Yorkshire Council. Who help, support and assit you throughout your working life at the council
Productive and fun work place
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire16 July 2017
A fun and energetic place of work filled with a majority of skilled and approachable individuals willing to offer guidance. Leadership needs improvement.
hard work
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire26 June 2017
this is a hard job having to keep the campers happy as well as the management.being able to have a chat with holiday makers was nice but frowned upon by management
Pros
only had a 3 day week
Cons
split shifts
Great people, poor management.
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beverley29 April 2017
Fantastic people who I work with. Team hampered by high rate of turn around due to low pay and very little job security. Team leaders do a great job. Upper and middle management have no idea and paid far too much. Upper management given 'golden hellos' and outrageous allowances whilst they refuse to help the lowest paid. Very little encouragement or gratitude if your job is done well. Quick to criticise and punish.
Pros
The odd discount at local shops/amenities.
Cons
Constant reviews and restructures.
I loved working for the East Riding of Yorkshire Council
School Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire24 April 2017
I really enjoyed my Role as a School Cleaner for the East Riding of Yorkshire Council.I found this role to be very satisfying and often quite interesting as you never knew what challenges you would have to face on a daily basis.
Pros
Always an enjoyable place to work.
Cons
Sometimes the bus journey to work was a bit tedious.
Poor experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire20 April 2017
Opportunities for advancement poor - worked hard with no reward for effort and initiative - in a private company would have got on better and wished never started there..
A truly friendly place to work
External Funding Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire12 April 2017
Since working at East Riding of Yorkshire Council I have greatly improved my confidence and realised my full potential. This is due to highly supportive and caring team that I work with who genuinely want you to succeed in and outside of work.
Pros
Great desk space
Great to work for
Support Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bridlington and Beverley10 April 2017
Great variety of work to go for. Sometimes guilty of change for the sake of change, but a lot going on in the council at the moment.

I worked in Support Services. Very supportive line managers and they do try to get the best out of you. Work is varied and you'll be expected to cross train to give flexibility on cover. Training is provided and support is always there.
Pros
Secure work, good benefits
Cons
If you don't like a regular change this may not be for you
not a very nice place to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Willerby9 February 2017
the work is easy,to easy some time their is nothing to challenge you. the work hours was 7 to 4 and in the winter its less hours

Want to know more about East Riding of Yorkshire Council?

Ask a question
Civil Enforcement Officer
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire7 February 2017
Don't be a civil enforcement officer!! All target focused if you don't issue enough tickets your in the bad books! Which is illegal by the way, no respect from management they treat you like a piece of poo on the bottom of there shoe
Rewarding
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Driffield, East Riding of Yorkshire27 December 2016
A typical day would involve seeing people with disabilities, recovering from surgery, mental health ailments and other limitations making progress towards reablement.

The management culture was extremely paperwork heavy as expected in a highly regulated environment.

Dealing with suicide prevention cases and emotionally unstable clients could be a challenge.
Pros
Large number of training courses
Cons
Austerity
No fun at all
Refuse collector/relief driver (Former Employee) –  Bridlington, North Yorkshire23 December 2016
To many cliches for me they do things there way and dont agree because they wasnt rite all the time !!! It was not nice working at the depot i worked at for some years
Pros
Good lunces on training courses
Cons
To many polices and no manager could deploy them !!!
Shambolic
Tree Surgeon (Former Employee) –  Willerby24 November 2016
On arrival of my first day with the council there was nobody to greet me or take me through the induction process. I was expected to provide my own PPE for the first six months until I ceased to use it and had to lodge a complaint before I was issued any PPE. The bosses are uncompromising and do not want to know once you start. Despite the bosses claiming an open door policy they will not have time for you, listen to or make any attempt to ressolve issues, including health and safety concerns, or at least until pressed to do so by the trade unions.
ERYC policy must be adhered to at all times but is not readily available to read.
Overall the worst job I have ever had and would advise staying well clear unless desperate for a job.
Hull City Council treat their employees much fairer.
toilet attendant
toilet attendant (Former Employee) –  Beverley15 November 2016
it was a really good job i met all kinds of customers will i was working i got regular overtime which helped pay my rent and other bills however i got made redundant
Boring
Road Worker (Former Employee) –  Market weighton4 November 2016
Worked on highways at market weighton job was boring sat about most of day the subbies got best work , doing potholes & building work trucks are piles of scrap
Pros
Hours of breaks
Cons
Very low pay
all employees seem stuck in their tracks with little chance of moving unless you are in management
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Goole25 October 2016
Ok if you are at the top of your pay scale or are one of the managers or officers working from the headquarters at county hall - Beverley., but there is little scope or prospects for the working class at the bottom who seem to be forgotten (especially at pay rise negotiations - 1% at minimum wage is peanuts but at £50K + it is worth having)
Pros
Free work Wear ( which they are duty bound to provide anyway)
Cons
little chance for advancement
good experience
Care Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridlington, ENG13 November 2015
Hard work, but have some good co-workers who are helpful when you need advice.
Learned alot over the years, especially having to move with the times with different legislations and computer systems.
I mostly enjoy meeting people.
Pros
hours
Cons
do not have enough time in the day
suited my requirements at the time of life
Minibus Driver WRL (Former Employee) –  Mallard House, Beck Veiw Road, Beverley19 October 2015
Pick up students and take to education/work experience sites
learned to interact with young people and my way around the east riding. Line manager brilliant and understanding, senior management completely useless and un aware of local conditions.
Co workers a good group always helping each other out..
Keeping to time and coping with the other road users.
Having a laugh with the students seeing the beautiful countryside
Pros
Good freindly group towork with good line manager
Cons
Senior management totally unaware of local conditions
Fast working, productive, intense.
Licensing Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  Beverley, ENG19 September 2015
Log all applications
ensure payments have been made
respond to emails
process applications
send licences off
inspect and investigate premises etc for compliance and non compliance.
I have learned all the fundamentals to begin my career
Hardest part is learning the information that I did not know.
Enjoyable job, ensure compliance across East Yorkshire and enforcement.
Pros
Mileage paid for, excellent Senior licensing officer for guidance.
Cons
Salary low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at East Riding of Yorkshire Council. Our community is ready to answer.