The Community Plan sets out a range of agreed priorities and reaffirmed the high level ambition for the area. Following consultation with key partners and taking account of the views of local people, these ambitions have been updated and retained, namely:
• Children and young people are happy, healthy, confident, safe and resilient, to reach their full potential
• Older people enjoy a healthy, independent lifestyle
• Communities are healthy, thriving, prosperous and safe
• Regeneration transforms deprived areas and reduces health and other inequalities
• The built and natural environment is protected through sustainable development and economic growth.
260 salaries reported
£9.09 per hour
165 salaries reported
£15,304 per year
104 salaries reported
£8.62 per hour
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is a local authority covering 930 square miles and serving a population of 337,000 people.
The council provides more than 600 services to residents and businesses, from education, adoption and fostering to roads maintenance, planning and huge infrastructure projects.
Its vision is to continually strive to improve the quality of life for local people and communities, making the East Riding a great place to live, work, invest in and visit.
The council does this through its priorities of: maximising economic growth; valuing the environment and safeguarding the East Riding heritage; supporting vulnerable people and reducing inequalities; promoting health, wellbeing and independence; and reducing costs, raising performance and delivering excellent service and value for money through innovative business transformation and workforce development.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council employs more than 12,500 people and is committed to a Live Well Work Well employee health and wellbeing programme.
There are a huge number of career opportunities at the council which has been recognised nationally on numerous occasions as a leader in service delivery.. – less