East Kent College Employee Reviews

Great Work Place
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandwich, Kent26 June 2017
I have worked here for over 3 years now, i have been welcomed into my team form day one and to this day it feels the same.

i would recommend anyone looking for work to give the further education a go as you get plenty of great rewards along side the great work place
Nominal Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent6 June 2017
Good place to work, nice colleagues but a lot of turmoil due to government funding and continual redundancy programs due to funding.
Heavy workload and no loyalty from management during my time but hopefully that is different now
Pros
Work environment
Cons
indecision
hard work
College Student (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent2 June 2017
here I done my hairdressing course and completed a level 2 NVQ. I learnt every day and had to bring my own clients in from outside, including family and friends.
started off well ended up pressured
Multi-Crafts lecturer (Former Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent, UK22 February 2017
work here was enjoyable until taken over by East Kent College then all staff pressured to perform at unreachable rates by high management, left due to disagreement over use of my signature by others.
Pros
helping students and great team members
Cons
pressure to over achieve from principles and managers
A rewarding and exciting job.
Learning support practitioner (LSP) (Current Employee) –  Folkestone20 November 2016
I have worked in many different departments, helping students with various learning difficulties and disabilities. I had a great team of co-workers who always kept each other and the students as their top priority and the overall atmosphere is pleasant and friendly.

The hardest part of my job is the amount of change that happens within the college and the amount of different training and tasks we must adapt to, however my favourite part would also be that i have gained much valuable experience in many different places within my work and had the opportunity to work with a range of different people in different education subjects.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Low pay
Fun workplacement
Classroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs19 September 2016
I think east Kent college was really good I enjoyed going to college and learning new thing and I was also making new friends and the teachers where really helpful through out the 2years I was going to college to do childcare
enjoyable
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs31 May 2016
Working in there, was good, everyone was nice and easy to get along with. Learnt so much.
Had my reason to leave unfortunely as i had to
Considerate, good team, under funded
Automotive Light Vehicle Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Dover1 April 2016
I enjoy the Job but the day can sometimes seem long. Varied students from 16 up to 50 years old or more. More funding would help to bring students to a more level playing field with franchise apprenticeships, but the quality of the students leaving is very good.
Good comradery amongst the staff and willingness to help made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Hours with travelling could be long
fun workplace
Business Admin Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, ENG6 January 2016
loved working here, great start to my career all staff was very supportive and did all they could to make sure that I was able to achieve my career and progress to get my level 3
learning to work with students who have lots of different needs
Teaching Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Folkestone, ENG10 November 2015
Whilst i am enjoying learning and gaining new skills working with lots of students and working out strategies to support them. I want to challenge myself further now that i am sure that this is the area i want to work in.
Pros
support offerd
Cons
not a challenging enough position
Vice President
Vice President of Student Union (Former Employee) –  Maison Dieu Road, Dover, Kent8 June 2015
Being a Vice president in College was fun because I need to make students in college happy by listening to them and doing that job which the students asked me to do. Also, benefits that I had from being a Vice President is being responsible, willing to learn and most thing of hard work! The hardest bit of all is speaking to students in front of the class.
Busy and varied workplace
Marketing Officer (Current Employee) –  Broadstairs5 November 2014
No two days are the same, as marketing requests come in from every department of the college, across three campuses. You learn quickly on the job, as there's usually a tight deadline.
Pros
Dynamic and exciting sector
Cons
Heavy workload and short deadlines
College of Further and Higher Education
Divisional Admin for Education & International (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, ENG14 September 2014
Busy and established college. Large employer in Thanet.
Has had numerous restructures in recent years, now taken on an additional 2 campuses and main business hub.
it was a good place to learn
student (Former Employee) –  broadstairs4 September 2014
I love it at EKC it is a really good place to learn. i was a student there and was in childcare i started at level 2 and progresses to level 3 childcare. I am a first aider and i have a clean DBS
Busy and comfortable environment.
Studied hairdressing. (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, ENG12 February 2014
East Kent college was just like working a full days work and studying the course was interesting,however it was not for me,therefore leaving the college gave me the option of looking for a job to get my life started.

The environment was very comfortable to be around,with teachers and staff who kept each and single one safe and enjoyed their job teaching you. It was easy to get to one place to another with excellent space for everyone to be in.

I learned a lot about my course,mainly things I never knew about hair before and to learn different techniques was fairly interesting and surprisingly easy to what I expected it to be.

The most enjoyable part of the course was learning with people who are keen to learn and who are interesting people to be around which created a massive friendship within the group.
Pros
Excellent, tasty lunches!
Cons
Very good and suitable hours.