DPD Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 February 2018
nice atmosphere, efficient organization,good organization, working in cool conditions, I liked this work during the Christmas season a lot of work....
Pay
Courier (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire10 February 2018
job pay is unrealistic. anyone looking to be a owner driver i highly recommend them to stay clear. calculating the hours you put in, your practically on minimum wage.
Pros
non
Cons
pay
Not for me
Shift Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent8 February 2018
I am a ex som for dpd. It was the worst point in my life. I lost everything because of this company and had to move away. There was constant builying and i was totally demorolised by this company. I even concidered ending my life! Stay clear if u are in a relationship and happy!!!
Pros
Cons
All of the above
the worst place i have ever worked
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 February 2018
You would be told information from one person and then completely other information from someone else. You was sat like robots all day at your computer screen with targets that you had to meet that sometimes felt like impossible unless you was a robot. There was just no happiness and excitement to go to work and enjoy it whilst you’re there.
Pros
food was cheap, work friends are great
Cons
ridiculous expectations
Busy work place
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham7 February 2018
Customer services is demanding, and busy environment shifts can range from 8 am to 6.30pm 7 days a week.

Job duties can range from emails to calls also covering reports.
Owner Driver Self Employed
Owner Driver (Former Employee) –  Lonon1 February 2018
Don't expect to make a lot of money a you have to pay DPD for leasing a van to you.
Also if you fail to make a delivery within the hour time slot, they will stand you down for a day, losing a days pay!
stressfull job good for money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bicester30 January 2018
good for money but every year little bit more work for same money company uniform company pda stressfull mornings 150 fee a day if you cannot cover your route
Pros
tba
Cons
tba
Good company
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Oldbury, West Midlands25 January 2018
Hardest part is you have to fill up a whole lorry by yourself, expect you to work non-stop, not so great.Learnt if you have negativity people around you, you will not enjoy working.
Pros
pay
Cons
Mangagement
Good workplace with great prospects
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartford25 January 2018
Great place to work in a high pressurised environment, very rewarding but equally demanding. The business Is a market leader and going from strength to strength, with great opportunities to develop and progress
Pros
excellent pag and great rewards.
Cons
No work/life balance. expected to work 24/7
Hard Work Pays Off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hebburn, Tyne and Wear22 January 2018
I recently did the Christmas run working for a franchisee of DPD and never knew what to expect? 2 days in a class then thrown into the deep end with no experience! Not the best way to be treated but after 6 weeks I got it, the route became known to me and everything just clicked into place.
DPD are good to work for and everyone looks after each other on the floor of the depot. Once out on the road it's mostly in you're own hands. but there is great support via phone if you can't find a place or something happens.
It's a fit job which suits me down to the ground and I'm now looking at doing it full time. Preferably with DPD but am poking around.
Pros
Good money, good company
Cons
long hours but time flies

Want to know more about DPD?

Ask a question
Stressful, Poor Management
Christmas Temp Delivery Driver (Peterborough) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough21 January 2018
After working a month or so there I left dpd, they were very unorganized every morning, contracted delivery drivers were told to do overnight staffs work, due to the overnight staff being very poor at their jobs, down to management issues.
Also very poor with their weekly payments, not getting what I was expecting leaving me to think they haven't payed my overtime... thinking this I went to the management and she said very plainly to my face "You don't get payed overtime".
I was not pleased with how this was all going so departed from DPD to continue with Amazon Flex...
Great workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London15 January 2018
Really good work place organised and good overall place to work would recommend anyone who likes hard work to work there it’s long days and good pay good management alsob
Pros
Like going gym
Promises promises
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Witham15 January 2018
Treat both agency and employees like dirt.
Promise the earth and rescind and deny as it suits them.
If youre a driver you get everything. If you work in the warehouse you get nothing not even a thank you.
Promised a job at the end of the 13 weeks. Then say theres nothing available.
Work hard and get laid off and yet they keep the deadwood that mess up or stand around doing nothing.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everytging else
not a bad place to work at
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 January 2018
long hours but used to earn quite good money just a lot of drops per day bu then i suppose these big courier companies u would expect that very busy time of year whilst i was there
Pros
money
Cons
amount of drops per day
great place to work
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Heywood11 January 2018
had a great time here all the staff were amazing and I couldn't fault the job finished early got paid rite and everyone was very helpful I would of like to have stayed but my contract ran out
Growth
Senior Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Feltham, Greater London11 January 2018
Great role for growth, with opportunities to expand and work in different departments . Excellent working balance and offering opportunities for individuals from all different walks o life.
good place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  bham10 January 2018
hard work, hundreds of trailers gotta be unloaded and loaded , great team to work with , good pay long hours , plenty of overtime , I learned to hand held scanners , was loading trailers by scanner , so u had to scan every parcel
nil
Owner Driver Franchisee (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 January 2018
management use bully tactics and expect more and more from the drivers who are already stretched. Hardest part of the job was trying to balance work and personal life.
Hard Work - Good Wage
Sortation Operative (Former Employee) –  Hinckley Leicester6 January 2018
It is a very physical job but well payed for the type of job it is. Bad management inside but very reliable for work during your time there and can be very long hours sometimes.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Bad Management
Dpd
Network Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 December 2017
I am not very much familiar with THE company but as I hear about the company.Is the fastest growing company in my area. They provide the best way to present employee skills, provide a platform for expertise, a job security for an employee. its a company that have a good management standards and have excellent goodwill in the market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DPD. Our community is ready to answer.