DPD: UK Employee Reviews

Understanding people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Snetterton, Norfolk24 October 2017
We work as a team all night everyone help others my manager always help and tell u off if u deserve. The hardest part was that's parcels got heavyer . The gest was people u could count on them.
Demoralising workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 September 2017
Company manages employees by threats & fear. Disciplinary action threatened on a daily basis.
Self employed drivers fined for failing to provide service due to illness
Pros
Sick pay
Cons
Ridiculous working hours
productive workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hinckley7 September 2017
night shift :half seven to half three. learned to load and unload trailers . management all right . people from 20-30 countries in the same team. some of the trailers had heavy parcels. some of the trailers had easy parcels .
You have been warned !!
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire31 August 2017
Worked as a shift manager 5 years working 15 plus hours some days and Saturday. It's all about cost Not service. Don't care if it can't be done. Afraid to say to higher management you can't do it. Cardiff depot run by an idiot. If he worked late so did you. Staff left drivers left. At Gloucester depot two shift managers left then the ops manager then the depot manager he was the general manager because of his bullying and everyone said the same.
Cons
did want me to take a pay cut have no rights
odf driver (Current Employee) –  Uddingston, South Lanarkshire21 August 2017
did are currently looking for me to take a large pay cut in my salary so am looking for something permanent where i know i have guaranteed income and holidays pensions etc
Pros
make good money
Cons
long hours wanting me to work more for less money
Hardwork but satisfying
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire1 August 2017
Decent place to work,clear targets and mostly achievable throughout the year.The peak periods as it is called at DPD which runs from approx October to January can be extremely hectic and is also affected by factors outside of one's control ie.Weather conditions.uniform provided is good and includes waterproofs and plenty of additional gear.
Pros
Cycle to work scheme, dental care
Cons
Cant rely on overtime.
Avoid Avoid Avoid
Multi role (Former Employee) –  South West17 July 2017
Having worked for DPD for many years I was so glad when i left. There is and always has been a Bullying culture at this company at least at the Cornwall depot, the managers there treat you like you are easily replacable and find it makes the life easier to force people out rather than confront thier own mistakes or investigate issues. They threaten to fire you a every oppertunity if you stand up for yourself even if you are "self employed". The vehicles are also often not road worthy and pose a risk to both driver and padestrians. Avoid working here at all cost. If you do decide to work here kiss you're life away.
Racist management structure.
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Smethwick and oldbury7 July 2017
Even though there are a couple of lower level Asian managers on the night shift now, they are puppets and were only appointed because potential customers asked the question why all the management were white middle class. When I worked on the shop floor there were Asian and black deckhands who has degrees, yet they were overlooked and for management positions and progression
In favour of outside applicants simply because the outside applicants were white. Some of the outside applicants didn't have a clue what they were doing and their appointment was an absolute joke. Most of the managers are only working here because of who they know (somebody's godson etc.) or have usually been management failures at other companies.
Pros
What pros?
Cons
Racist management structure
Very satisfying company to work for
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall10 May 2017
Very professional company to work with management friendly & very approachable. Salary exelent long hours but you only get out of life what you put in. Can honestly say the best employer iv worked for.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Good company to work for
Line haul driver (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff19 April 2017
Good company to work for. Excellent pay. Job security. Good company benefits. Hardest part of job is working nights best part of job is meeting people from all over uk. I like management as I get along with all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Working nights
Seriously need to be careful if your injured at work here.
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire2 April 2017
Having been injured unloading a double deck trailer I had 5 months on sick .Upon returning to work I was informed that I wouldn't have a job if I couldn't unload. The managment will deny any knowledge of your injuries to the point of outright lies and deceit .They expect a split break every day there is no work life balance. A blame culture that reflects on the Driver when the failing is in the managment .
Pros
Good earnings
Cons
Long hours, Managment
Busy and hands on workplace
Owner Franchise Courier (Current Employee) –  Oldbury4 March 2017
Being self employed, I have had the opportunity to make a good living. Unfortunately, due to changes within the company policies, work has become scarce.
Pros
Ability to run my own business
Cons
Long hours, and tough physical work for little reward
Na
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent13 February 2017
Very hands on job organising own work load in order to to stick to eta deadlines working own my own initiative and have good customer service skills and also good with any situation that may arise
Its hard manual work
Parcel sorter (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 February 2017
I like the job but have no say on any decision at all ' always come up with ideas but never taken on board ' they keep changing allowances times and pay thats why i want something more secure
Pros
Cons
Dirty dusty building