Dixons Carphone Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, sales not retail
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne14 January 2018
This is a sales job, not a retail job. There are a lot of targets to hit and managers are often unapologetic to use these high targets against you. Training is provided but is not necessary for the job.
Appalling
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire7 January 2018
Lazy, rude, disrespectful manager. As a Christmas temp got all the jobs no one else wanted to do. no social life, backstabbing colleagues. Customer services dreadful, HR never heard of them! no contract given. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Got Paid
Cons
long hours, no social life, DREADFUL management
Good bunch of people working with
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 January 2018
Very nice people you work with i have worked in only 2 stores with my time there merthyr (stand alone store) and ty glas cardiff store but both of them were really good stores merthyr is more busy but the ty glas is a bit quiet at the moment as its still a new store.
Very target focused with broadband as phone are kinda dying out as people use online but you do get a few people coming in anyway knowing what they want (upgrade, new connection) just got to try a little harder with broadband as not many people know that they do broadband.
Pros
Paid break, good people to work with, fun, decent commision
Cons
Short hours over more days, broadband hard to sell sometimes
Don’t work here
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire4 January 2018
Horrible place to work. It is very target based which were completely unrealistic. Managers were terrible wouldn’t acknowledge any good that you do for the company but we’re very quick to comment if you didn’t hit one of the hundred targets you’re expected to hit every week. No chance of progression. I was there for 18 months before I quit. Get paid nowhere near enough because of what’s expected of you. I wouldn’t work here if you aren’t desperate. I couldn’t even talk to another member of staff when it was quiet without getting a disciplinary
Pros
Staff discount and bonus pay every 3 months
Cons
Terrible management
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Teesside31 December 2017
Good company just little room for progression. Challenging at times which is always good, as long as you put into the job you get plenty out. In terms of progression it is difficult to make the move from shop floor to management as positions rarely become available.
Great Employees, no work life balance
Senior Assistant Category Manager (Current Employee) –  London23 December 2017
This place is filled with a young, but talented vibrant work force. The office is generally quite a nice environment however the management culture is completely out of touch with engaging employees. You are expected to work long over your contracted hours, not cooperating severely affects your progression and general interactions within the company.
Pros
Young vibrant head office workforce
Cons
Absolutely 0 formal management training, and it reflect on company morale. You will sacrifice your soul and mental health to this company.
Productive Fast paced enviroment But with Little reward
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth20 December 2017
I'm A firm believer that you definitely get out what you put in, however, when working here I found there was little to no benefit or progression in the company and a lot of the pressure was handed down to the sales advisors to meet targets. A great experience but not something I would settle for.
Pros
Friendly Co workers
Cons
Way too high pressure for the wage the offer
Sales lead
Sales Advisor - Currys / PC World (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne20 December 2017
Typical day involved selling the right product for the customer and trying to upsell add ons including insurance package.

Daily sales quotient targets.
Underpaid and Overworked
Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 December 2017
Daily routine involves departmental tasks including pricing and merchandising. Sales and KPI targets can be tough to achieve.Team attitude and camaraderie varies from store to store.
Absolutely Awe Inspiring
Social Media Representative (Former Employee) –  Preston20 November 2017
I only spent a brief amount of time there but I absolutely adored it. The Team I worked alongside were like my own family. I learned so many new key skills, one main one would be my written language.

My Manager was amazing, he always made time for a 1-1 session to review my work and always helped me when I required it.

We dealt with customer from all over the UK and Ireland, even though some customers had severe complaints, I always enjoyed rectifying them as fast as possible to maintain a positive outlook on Dixons Carphone.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Nil.
Avoid if you value your mental health
lacky (Former Employee) –  North East19 November 2017
From being offered my job to receiving a date for training took over a month & training consisted of three days away being told how to sell insurance.
Pay is awful, benefits are even worse - commission is three months in arrears & if you don't sell enough you are managed out. They don't care about you as a person, as my RGM once told a room of us: "you are replaceable, there's always someone else that will work here, you are a number"
Pros
They pay you
Cons
Everything else
A driven and exciting organisation where momentum is continually required. The business is very focused commercially.
Head of Executive Search (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 November 2017
The most enjoyable part of the role is your ability to effect change and drive business succession. As an organisation Dixons Carphone is continually assessing the market and how the business operates within it. As a result the culture is fast paced and agile.
Not worth the stress
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom8 November 2017
Bad hours treated like trash the Currys mangers don't want you there and the hours are a joke if you enjoy being spoken down to and never being in the carphone area and talking to Currys customers awhile their staff do nothing but yack all while being told you HAVE to hit unrealistic targets or your sacked then this is the job for you.
Pros
Discount off networks
Cons
Long hours treated like a dog stress stupidly high target's
Horrible place to work
Outbound Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire8 November 2017
Data is bad the customer's are called from 5 diff departments by carphone target's increase or are made impossible ie not enough call to convert management is very poor no concerns for staff
Lots of people leaving including higher management
Their share price has gone from 450 to 170 within the last year
They are always looking to recruit and have a very high staff turnover
Cons
Long hours not much wages if you miss bonus
Good Work Enviroment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 November 2017
In any job you join you have issues but working here they were very minimum, there was no major issue that affected me working and enjoying my day. Great people around me and the management were fair and well structured.
Pros
Discount, Great Staff and management
Cons
Long Hours, Short Breaks, Lack of Staff to switch shifts with if needed, Increase of Job roles but no increase of Pay.
I enjoyed it for the most part
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire2 November 2017
If you are looking for a job with loads of competition then this is it. If you are looking for a easy part time job with. Loads of things to do then look for something else. Worked for the company 11 months loved it until moved store for no reason so be careful.
Pros
Great co-workers. Some good customers
Cons
Management and some customers
Worst place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  North Acton Station, Greater London27 October 2017
Head office in North Acton is full of politics, no culture. Staff turnover is huge. Very poor management. Micro management to the level of minutia. Growth opportunity not available.
Pros
Free headches
Cons
Free stress
Productive fun but professional
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Loughborough26 October 2017
A fun productive atmosphere which you'll always keeping busy and making sure ever month is better than the last keeping persistent but improving at the same time.
Cons
unscocial hours
Great first sales experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford21 October 2017
A brilliant job if you want to introduce yourself to sales. You get to interact with customers face to face on a daily basis and you learn lots about products and how best to maximise on sales. The only thing that could do with some work are the bonus structures they are quite flimsy and can be toppled by one mystery shopper.
Pros
Product Knowledge Training
Cons
The odd angry customer
Not worth the stress
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire19 October 2017
Working for over a year the stress is unbearable. Targets are an absolute joke and there’s way too many to hit. Managers are an absolute shambles and are very degrading. Constantly being threat by displinary actions when you don’t meet targets. I’m always walking out feeling stressed and fumed. I really don’t recommend the place unless it’s your last option.
Pros
Cons
Disrespect, discouraging, degrading

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixons Carphone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9