Deliveroo Employee Reviews

Good side hustle
Rider (Current Employee) –  Exeter15 September 2017
Great side hustle and casual job to keep fit. Cannot complain about the hours as it is freelance. I disagree with the company's policy change to charge riders up front for their equipment.
over staffed
Food Courier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 September 2017
at first the work was good, i was getting many orders and also getting incentives like do 20 orders get and extra £20. as time went on the offers where cut and the deliveries where getting less frequent. in addition to this the support staff are some of the most incompetent people i have ever dealt with
Pros
flexible
Cons
incompetent support staff
Flexible type of work
Delivery rider (Current Employee) –  London5 September 2017
Working as a Deliveroo rider can be a hard job sometimes, especially when the weather is bad. There is not many responsibilities in this job as you only are requied to be safe and deliver food quickly.
Pros
Perkbox discount accound, flexible hours
Cons
Working in bad weather conditions
Busy environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 September 2017
they pay every two weeks on a Monday. They pay 3.75 per delivery and if working hourly based then £7 per hour and also £1 per every delivery you do within the hour. The deliveries come from various different restaurants around the area you work in.
Easy
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 September 2017
Easy
Nobody to tell you what to do
I enjoy riding my bike so I do this job
Get to listen to music
Do what you want and you discover new places around your area
Pros
Nobody to tell you what to do
Cons
Dangerous
Convenient and generous
Cycle Courier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 August 2017
Great place to work, getting paid to cycle is a dream, no pressure of colleagues, just simply go from restaurant to customer navigating with the app via a smart phone. Super flexible hours you get to decide also. Get to know your way about, lots of interactions building communication.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
bad weather, bad communication
Very Independent, Insecure
Rider (Former Employee) –  Exeter28 August 2017
You get what you put in. No holiday or sick pay so better not injure your self or break your equipment. Can be stressful however key is to take each day as it goes
Fun workplace with a young demographic
Internal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 August 2017
Working at Deliveroo was fun and a unique experience on the whole. Working in a start up was exciting and very fast paced as the company changed a lot in the 5 months I was there moving office to incorporate more staff and grow the business. A typical day at work involved calling different areas across the UK and Ireland and speaking to potential applicants who wanted to be riders. The hours were sometimes long and you had to work one day on the weekend which I didn't mind but I do prefer a Mon - Fri job. I worked with a good group of people all similar age so from a social aspect it was a large benefit of working there.
Pros
Free lunch fridays
Cons
Uncertainty over hours at times
Productive and Fun
Deliveroo driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 August 2017
My time at Asda helped me to gain valuable interpersonal skills. Working for Deliveroo I developed my intrapersonal skills, due to a lack of supervision while working and minimal colleague interaction. While working for Deliveroo I was responsible for collecting food from high end restaurants and delivering to customers houses across Manchester. I had to adhere to strict time limits and flexible hours, as well as maintaining all my own equipment and staying focused 100% of the time. This was rewarded with numerous top 10 rankings in my area within my colleagues.
Good work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 August 2017
Very good work they should have a hire scheme tho so that none owner riders can join as well as I had a bike blowed up and had to quit due to only being third party
long hard shifts
Courier (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 July 2017
deliveroo is hard working, long shifts, very dangerous on roads at times and very face to face with customers and partners of the company, although some orders can be rediculous if your on a pedal bike or the times they ask you to sometimes complete the orders but okay pay if you put the effort in too the job
Pros
keeps you in shape, find new places to eat for cheap, discounts in most restaruant
Cons
long hours, alot of exorcise
Desperate for money
Rider (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire26 July 2017
if you need a quick job your get you some money, deliveroo is up your ally. £4 per delivery with some days netting you £5 or £6 per delivery. if you have a bike and a busy schedule, you can squeeze one or two deliveries in.
Poor employers
Food Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rusholme25 July 2017
It's too god a job to be true. They pay well, if they actually pay you. Their admin team are horrible to work with and don't even read your emails properly. They took my shifts away from me without telling me and didn't pay me for a month. Absolutely useless.
Cons
Poor admin
fun and good money but tiring
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dulwich24 July 2017
this job was fun because i was getting paid doin what i like which was cycling and it made a lot of money. You are given the chance of self employment
Pros
felxible
Cons
long delivery distance
Awful company treated like dirt.
Self Employed Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire23 July 2017
Absolutely useless management, couldn't organise a banquet in a restaurant. Keep hiring and hiring riders promising them the earth and delivering squat. All the new workers getting all the shifts whilst the long term riders are left in the dark. Introduce and change policy's and practices without telling the riders, eventually the info leaks through. Latest clanger is, no longer can riders be swapped on schedule. Instead if you want to work the available shift, you must work under there log in and hope the rider you have log in as will pay you.
They bang on about about flexibility yet there is ZERO. Seem to care less and less about sorting shifts on staffomatic each week. 'lead rider' is a complete an utter waste of space, yet gets payed more to do nothing. Multiple times they get the pay wrong, or refuse to pay you because you were not put on the schedule by the useless management. Even though they said they would. Things I have learnt this is not a sustainable full time job, maybe I was naive to think it was to begin with.
Feeding obese lazy people disgusting food is not fun. Waiting 30mins at a restaurant is no fun. Being given massive pizza boxes that do not fit in the bag, is not fun. Waiting 6 hours is no fun. doing 1 order per hour is no fun. Not getting paid because the awful app crashes and logs you out, is not fun. Waiting 10mins to get through to rider support is no fun.

* I'm sure each city varies, but theses are my my experiences.
Pros
Getting paid to do diddle squat, getting paid to ride a bicycle, easy, too easy
Cons
Useless management, Waiting hours on end for orders, poor pay, Zero benefits, Zero support, Zero bleeps given, Useless restaurants that mess up orders, Rubbish equipment, app like to crash.
Fun workplace
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 July 2017
A good startup to work for, I was only working as a consultant for few months so wouldnt know a lot but the people there were smart and hard working...
Enjoyable job but poor senior management staff
Deliveroo Rider (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire18 July 2017
Deliveroo is very useful to earn some extra money ontop of another job however their treatment of staff is below par as they are often late with pay days and their support team could be improved.
Good for now but no future
Rider, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex15 July 2017
Working for deliveroo has me sitting on the high street at great length waiting for orders. I give 50 hours a week of my life to a company that pays £6 an hour and £1 on delivery if I get any.

I love my Job but the stress of being Self employed and still having to work on their terms with maximum effort for less than minimum wage is slowly destroying my life.

Knowing I can never go on holiday or take a break for fear of being made homeless is barbaric.

If I were employed with employment benefits it'd be perfect for me but I'm not so i guess it sucks to be the little guy in a world run by greed.
Pros
Not starving
Cons
Risk of starving
Suspended for being sick.
rider (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London6 July 2017
got suspended for not working on the day i was allocated even though i contacted rider support line that i will not be able to work due to illness.
staff in rider support line is very good at being rude and rule the riders' community.
After suspension, i have contacted via email to explain and etc but they think it is not acceptable for me not just turning up. and responded back that i already made a phone call prior to my shift.
They didnt let me back into the shift so i found other jobs at different courier company and contacted Deliveroo that I will not be working anymore as it takes time to get my suspension sorted out.. their response was like.. "what can we do for you to stay in Deliveroo??"
I told them I want to leave and returned all of my kits. no refund received on £150 and nothing heard from them....

what else can i do for you, Deliveroo for me to get my refund?
Pros
well.. i cant think of any
Cons
all those staffs in the office at least support line seems to be jokes to me.
Good Temporary Job
Rider (Former Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire3 July 2017
The app that you get youyr jobs on can go down and takes ages to come back up so you are left with no jobs.
good for a short period, flexible, however there is no perks to the job. you may be sitting with no jobs for hours.
Pros
flexible
Cons
terrible hours, pay, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6