Deliveroo Employee Reviews

physically challenging
food courier (Former Employee) –  London21 January 2018
management was very bad and there was a lack of care for the employees. workers tended to take a lot of aggro from angry customers although it was not our fault.
Cons
long hours, work in bad wether condtions, unreliable management
Free, get exercise, no manager
Courier (Former Employee) –  Tower Hamlets, Greater London19 January 2018
Deliveroo is effectively being told what to do from an app on your phone; where you either cycle or motorcycle to a restaurant and deliveroo food to customers. It is good as you can work on you own hours and you are able to take time off if needed through a website. It I good as you are outside and you are in charge of how much work you do.
Pros
Outside
Cons
Can be too tiring on a bicyle.
self emplyed
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central17 January 2018
able to complete deliveries easily , as i was self emplyed i was able to sign in whenever i was able too it was also good as it was every two week pay. it was also good as i was able to take time off whenever was neccessery ,
Overall I think it's a good job.
Rider (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon16 January 2018
If you like or are good at riding a bike than this can be a nice little earner, as an extra income, for you. Doing it full time, might be a nightmare. You will get paid per delivery, and the rate is set depending on your local area. Give it a try, there isn't too much to pay out for. If you don't like it then you have lost very little.

If you want £50 after your first 20 deliveries, then use my code BR150397.
Pros
not answering to anyone, and getting fit, meeting people.
Cons
nagvigating flat blocks, and waiting times in restuarants.
really great job for everyone
Rider (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City15 January 2018
I'm a first year student and I joined deliveroo 3 months ago. It's a really nice opportunity to earn some extra cash. Every Monday you book hours for the following week but you can cancel booked hour even 5 minutes before it starts. So the flexibility is really great. Also they pay 4 per order which is quite good (they recently raised it from 3.75 to 4). You can deliver with your car, bike or motorbike. Also if you want to apply you should have a referal code from someone who already works there because then, after 20 first deliveries you get 50 pounds extra from deliveroo. You don't need that code to apply but it's better to earn 50 pounds extra than not to :D. This is mine, you can use it : KO134266
Flexible
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside15 January 2018
Good job, very flexible can choose your own hours.
Salary is good wether it be hourly or per drop and the kit provided is of a high quality.
Would recommend to students and part time work
Get £50 start bonus with REFERRAL CODE: AN155116
Deliveroo rider (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire15 January 2018
*Get £50 start bonus with REFERRAL CODE: AN155116 (after completing 20 deliveries)

A good way to do some fitness in a fun way, get to know your city and listen to your favourite music while riding a bike.

If you like to ride a bike, it is a fun job!
The complete kit is provided (of £100, gradually discounting from the salary, that you can reclaim later)

P.S. Get your bike arranged correctly and research about correct riding, because I got a pain in my knees for having my seat too low and putting too high speed.
Pros
Flexibility, Fitness, Getting to know the city, Work on your own pace, Listen to music while riding, Easy to understand app, free coffee from KFC; Other bonuses over very busy periods
Cons
Getting tired after riding 4h, possible pain in knees, unstable intensity of orders, bad weather
Bristol - free zones
Rider (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 January 2018
Working as a rider in Bristol is a pleasure.. if you have the legs for it!
You do not need to book sessions in Bristol.. it is a free zone, meaning you can work whenever you want 11am - 11pm. Completly flexible working. Excellent to work around other commitments.
I earned an average of £11.60ph in my 1st week, working 22hrs.

Earn £50 after 20 deliveries by using my referral code:
Pros
Flexibility, Paid to exercise, freedom
Cons
No security
too late to join
Rider (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central9 January 2018
I joined as a delivery rider.
The first week I could book only 2 hours, next week 1h, the third week only 3 hours was available. Then I decided to stop working for them. Just wasted my money and time.
Basically there are too many riders and all want to work as many hours as possible I think. In addition as I was a beginner I got access for the bookings later, meaning I had even less chance to book sessions.
I think it is just too late to join this company.
However you don't really join them as all riders are self-employed, nonetheless they force you to buy their riders kit. Which doesn't really make sense. If I am self-employed I could use my own bags.
Morover you have to post the bags if you want refund. You cannot just bring it back to the same place where you got it. It needs to be posted to London. This also makes no sense.
They cannot provide enough jobs but still recruiting.
Never mind, I got some (bad) experience :)
Pros
you decide when you want to work (theoritically)
Cons
too many riders, cannot book more than a few hours/week, forcing riders to buy their kit, complicated refund
Good
Deliveroo (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside9 January 2018
Good flexibility good if you want to fit work around your life new app and new guidelines are stupid but overall can still work too many students and others who have jobs using as a side job meaning not good for people tryin to make a good living i.e. Regular 9-5
Motorcycle Rider
Rider (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent8 January 2018
So far the work has been flexible, engaging, and refreshing. Often doesn't feel like 'work' because there are no set shifts and when you work is completely up to you. Don't want to work then simply go offline for a break.

In terms of the money I am paid £4.25 per delivery, and have made £10.80 per hour at most for one shift, when taking earnings divided by the hours I worked for that evening. I combine it with doing other flexible food delivery work in order to optimize my earnings. The longer you stay online the more you will make per hour, for example if you have a quiet hour with only 1 delivery, in the next hour you may get 3 deliveries to make up for it, in the evenings this is almost guaranteed as its always busy in my city.

Overall most of the time it feels like a pretty chilled atmosphere, unless you are setting yourself earnings or time targets like I do, in which case there can be some stress in delivering faster. The stress level is whatever you want it to be. But overall there is no workplace related stress, and no personality clashes since you are self-employed and not reporting to a boss.

All of the fellow Deliveroo riders I've spoken to in my city were extremely friendly and helpful people, as were almost all the customers I delivered to. Rider support has been very helpful for the one time I had to use it (customer not answering door or phone). The fact rider support is always available is a huge positive and makes you feel like you're not alone when you encounter a difficult situation.

My biggest negative for the job is when I encounter difficulty
  more... finding a house number especially in the dark, and have to go around with a torch checking door numbers and phoning customers to get directions. However this isn't Deliveroo-specific and is an annoyance with any delivery job. Also finding temporary parking in city centres can sometimes be difficult.  less
Pros
Flexibility, potential earnings, potential tips, relaxed job most of the time, no personality clashes with managers, good community feel when not doing deliveries, friendly colleagues, rider support always available
Cons
Buying equipment, courier insurance, finding parking, annoying numbering of some streets
Adventurous & Socialistic
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London3 January 2018
Deliveroo is an enjoyable and flexible job. Whenever there is a problem it is resolved according. My only criticism is the standard pay rate should be increased considering the effort you have to put in as a rider (especially on pushbike).
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Weather and pay rate
-shakes head-
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Everywhere29 December 2017
Wow.. i started a couple months ago and was given good hrs to work for the first 2 weeks..
Then after the first 2 weeks it seemed almost like Deliveroo riders was fighting for hrs as it is completely over staffed.. the system they have in place regarding statistics is outrageous !! You can not Drop shifts when and if you feel like it.. like everyone is banging on about like it’s flexible work!! If you drop a shift your cancellation statistic goes up meaning you don’t get the shifts the same time as everyone else! Meaning all the shifts are gone and you are going to get left with an hr an half for 2 weeks !! Outrageous !
Everyone should get the same hrs each week.. anyways also.. you are not self employed as you are on the receiving end of ‘’roo support’’ who infact could not care less about any situation you need help with..
Roo supports go to words are rider support number please and then followed by ok we will unassigned you from the delivery then quickly ended with have a good day sir ..
But wait!!! They have only assigned the same order back to you!! Even though you have explained the delivery is a thousand miles from you! .. disappointing!

Also you can do 4 deliveries an hr depending on how fast the restaurants cook the food.. most wait till you arrive before starting to cook!

Imagine 15 Deliveroo guys fighting for the same 4hrs shift and only 3 of you can get it... that’s not right mate..

But never the less I loved working for Deliveroo .. I had my own personal reasons
As to why ...
Pros
You will be paid for whatever hrs you do work..
Cons
lErrors in app, over staffed, restaurants treat you like dirt.. roo support only support the direction of your order.
Fully flexible and easy to manage your time
Rider (Current Employee) –  Lincoln27 December 2017
Love that it is so flexible and leaves me with plenty of time to have to myself. The best thing is that if you have had enough then you can always drop out of your current shift you're in and go home.
Pros
Super flexible
Cons
Hard to contact management
Deliveroo
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London24 December 2017
It is a great job to have as a part time source of income. However, the new policies have made it extremely hard to make a sustainable income. The old system was much better
Pros
Work whenever you want
Cons
Very low income
Very good pay and flexibility. Earn £50 by using the code LE142687 when you apply
Delivery Rider (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London21 December 2017
You have the option to work whenever you want for as much you want. If you use a bicycle you also workout which I like it a lot. overall pretty good job for part or full time job.

For anyone new, You can use this reference code https://roo.it/LE142687 or just the code LE142687 when you apply. and you will get £50 when you complete your first 20 orders which it takes 1-2 days I'd say.

Good luck!
Pros
flexible working hours, workout, exploring the city
Cons
cold or rain
Be your own boss
Rider (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 December 2017
Good company to work for if you want to dictate your own hours and work as often or little as you want. The job is very physically demanding though, which could be a good thing but you have to work for your earnings- especially in hilly Sheffield.
If you like being outside, strong/fit and not a fan of being managed then it's an ideal job.
Use code FA143066 to get £50 after your 20 orders- I did it, it works!
Pros
Keeps you fit, manage your own time
Cons
Physically demanding
Would not work for them again
Private contractor/Deliveroo Rider (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire12 December 2017
Management structure is non-existent for riders. Money for the hours you are putting in does not match the money you earn(hugely underpaid). The CEO is only concerned with company profit and does not care about the one thing that makes Deliveroo special; riders. One of the least rewarding jobs out there.
Nice and easy going!
Cyclists (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 December 2017
I have only just got started in Glasgow for Deliveroo but I have found it pleasant.

No pressure, no boss and lots of healthy exercise! Every person I have delivered to so far has been very happy and polite... still no tips yet though :'(

If you want to earn £50 after 20 deliveries use this code:

Pros
Exercise and decent side pennies!
Cons
Bad weather
Paid to get Fit
Bike Rider (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh4 December 2017
Need an excuse to get get fit, and get paid doing it, Then Deliveroo delivers just that. Been doing this for a week now and cant fault this company. Very flexible to your needs and other commitments, you just log in to your app and select the booking sessions you want to work. I work Full Time with my other job and this fits in perfect. You decide when you work. Would recommend this job to anyone looking for a little extra pay in the pocket with the added bonus of keeping fit too.

Earn yourself an Extra £50 for your first 20 Deliveries if you use my Referral Code: SE152906
Pros
Fully Flexible, Good Pay when busy, Keep all tips, Paid to get fit
Cons
The Typical Scottish Weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5