Delaware North Employee Reviews

fun workplace, always something going on
WAITRESS/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
Becuase it was 0 hours I was able to choose shifts available. got to travel to different places.
it was overall a nice company but some of the managers were just very horrible and rude
Pros
0 hours
Cons
long hours on feet
Absolutely horrendous
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 August 2017
Just dont do it unless you are desperate. They are overworked and understaffed. the customers are all drunken idiots and its not an executive lounge. It for common people who want to get drunk cheaply before the flight.
You do get free food and drink whilst you are there ard the girl who is the manager is fantastic,
Pros
Cons
hard work no pay
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Derby23 July 2017
The company was very organized and we were able to start working very quickly. We would sign in, get into our outfit, get the working area ready and serve the customers. We would have some paperwork to do and we would get paid on time.
Delaware North review
Hospitality Worker (Current Employee) –  Emirates Stadium, Greater London21 July 2017
A typical day at work within Delaware North is being welcomed by security and regular welcomers. it consists of different departments within many london stadiums where you can discover and meet new people. Doing different job roles ensures that over a certain amount of time different skills and experience will benefit you as you learn different ways of dealing with things from different departments and managers. The Hardest part of the job is rush hour when customers are back from half time and things are in a high demand and the most enjoyable part is the relationship with football fans.
Pros
Free lunches, uniform
Cons
low shift hours
A productive and fast paced workplace
Waiter/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Arsenal9 July 2017
This job is great if you are a student and have a bit of spare time on your hands.
If you love working as part of a team then this is the perfect job for you
Pros
Free food, great team
Cons
Unsociable hours, lack of promotions, lack of bonuses
Flexible
Hospitality Waiter & Bartender (Part-time adhoc) (Current Employee) –  Wembley Stadium25 May 2017
It is a good flexible job for the weekends to extra cash during the month.
Working on the bar you get to know all the various different wines and spirits.

Good team spirit and management are ok.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No sick pay
flexible work
Corporate Box Waitress / Hostess (Current Employee) –  London24 May 2017
Flexible it depends on what your financial situation.
Extra money
8 hour shift
Multicultural you have different people from different background.
Most enjoyable part of the job you get to do a lot events from music to sports.
You get paid every week
Pros
They feed you with a pack lunch as well as getting to work the big events
Cons
Can be long hours
Ok to work at 5/10 ish
Concessions Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater London22 May 2017
Excellent atmosphere, good staff morale but senior management are absolutely useless in communicating when shifts are available for fellow Management.
Pros
Good company to work in and plenty of benefits
Cons
Bad senior management currently working in there at this time in various stadiums
okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 May 2017
was boring and didnt enjoy the people i worked with, however they did supply us with food and water in a regular basis and the recruitment stage was easy and simple.
Everyone is friendly
Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire12 April 2017
very much like a family, everyone is kind and easy to talk to. very nice place to work with good pay. very nice customers and mandatory training is put in place so we know how to approach customers correctly.
Pros
Free food while working
Cons
Short breaks
Good team worker (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire29 March 2017
I loved working for Delaware because i gain kitchen assistant experience also waiter and get to speak to a number of great customers around the football stadium.
Pros
Free Park
Cons
Short Hours
fun workplace
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 March 2017
Delaware North Companies is a global leader in food service which required me to work under pressure as efficiently as possible which made me aware of how effective I have to be at any role. Whilst working at Delaware I worked in a team-based culture, for example we work together to give customers a high quality service as we all give ourselves minor roles. I have to interact with customers and help them with anything they are looking for. It can be a challenging environment at times but I like to consider myself a person that works well under pressure
Fast Paced
Concessions Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 February 2017
Good Responsibilities included handling cash, till reconciliation and stock replenishment. I worked in a fast paced and high pressure position and was able to always be polite and professional with my customers.
Good experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire18 February 2017
I set up the room ready for the guests, I ensured they had drinks ready for their arrival and took their food order straight away then sent it to the kitchen so it could be prepared. I then served them a 3 course meal with drinks whenever they wanted throughout the match. I ensured they had an enjoyable time at the match and then cleaned up the room after they had gone. If any of my team members had problems in the boxes and suites near me, if I had finished my jobs I ensured I made enough time to help them out.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not suitable hours and long days
Good place to work for people studying.
Concessions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wembley Stadium9 February 2017
It was nice to work at Delaware North the jobs were great and you meet different people everyday. A lot of students work in Delaware North which made it better for me being a student. The hours were always so flexible and it was a nice part time job. We work with different managers, supervisors and line managers every day so you do not really get to build a rapport with anyone who could offer you references shall you wish to move on to different jobs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Constant change of supervisors and line managers.
fun and busy workplace
Match day Hospitality & Catering Staff (Former Employee) –  Derby6 February 2017
Always have targets to meet
Fast paced
very energetic
getting stock out
communication skills
stocking the shelfs and keeping it tidy
keeping the customers desires fulfilled
Entertaining
Concessions Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 February 2017
Delaware North is a company that works with a lot of different stadiums around London. It is very good and entertaining to work in that environment and the people are really friendly.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not allowed to watch matches
work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wembley Stadium1 January 2017
As leader of my team I am responsible for the performance of service and food delivery, with always trying to go beyond the customer’s expectation and to create special experiences for all our guests. I’m currently working in the prestigious stadiums such as Wembley, Emirates and Olympic Park for events such as Super bowl, football matches and more. This has mainly helped me to develop working under pressure, leadership and problem solving as issues occur on a daily basis. Main roles are:
• Provision and quality of stock
• Manage, brief and motivate staff (every shift)
• Provide fast and effective service to clients
• Provide quality to client meeting health and safety standards
• Make sure the kiosk (store) is presentable and safe environment to work in
• Handle transaction, milking tills
• Complete important paperwork
• Work with other members of the stadium (team leaders, managers, technicians)
• Waste management
Pros
Part of Event
Cons
Bad managment
amazing and good
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 December 2016
my overall review is a hard working, long hours, great ethnic group, great team work and loving, friendly people

i have learned so much like knife skills and how to work faster, i also know how to handle a kitchen area on my own, i can work within a busy environment.
Pros
team work
Cons
organisation
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wembley Park Station.6 December 2016
Great place to work and gain experience.
Can become stressful at times but you have to organise yourself and be prepared. Challenging but never boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delaware North. Our community is ready to answer.

Delaware North Reviews by Location