DHL Employee Reviews

Fun
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  park royal21 January 2018
I started to work for DHL as a 16 year old boy. and i was there for many of years i climbed the ladder very quick and very good training I only left as the money wasn't great and living in London you need to be making a lot of money to live. I do wish to this day i never left the job
food distribution
order picker reach truck driver goods in loader (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater20 January 2018
i worked here for some 25yrs 23 yrs being excelent the last 2 not so much but all in all it has been a great place to work there are good benefits for working here including a discount card and subsidised canteen it was a hard decision to leave but the call of something new was my mane decision.
Pros
discount card canteen
Cons
long hours extra days and hours
Interesting
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Worcester19 January 2018
This was my first time in employment and I received a lot of training which helped me gain further skills and experience. sadly it was agency work and therefore was not guaranteed permanent hours.
Fun place to work
Ops Agent (Current Employee) –  Northampton19 January 2018
Overall not a bad place to work, as most places it can be stressful.
Staff are great to work with and the management are very good.
Most rewarding part of my job is having the ability to make others day a little bit better.
Perfect place to work if you are ok with complicated internal politics and average salary.
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Daventry18 January 2018
Personally I have a good working environment. Office with Air Condition and my own desk.
Management: Few incompetent managers with lack of knowledge who doesn't care what people like me, on the bottom of the food chain, doing for this company.
Workplace culture: I've noticed that sometimes salary has nothing to do with competences. Peoples who earns a lot, have less knowledge/skills than others who work hard for them.
The hardest part of the job: To deal with incompetent people who earns much more than me.
The most enjoyable part of the job: A lot of freedom in what I’m doing.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Below average salary.
Dhl family is awesome
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Shirley, West Midlands15 January 2018
Definitely would recommend to someone looking for warehouse work with a really nice atmosphere and great hours. offers various inter warehouse jobs from sorting small car parts to moving large car parts replenish in to location to ready to get picked ,DHL has made me a man of work today I enjoy working in team work take my work serious like life it's the fun of DHL family
Busy bubbly work place
Senior Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London15 January 2018
The team I work with is fun, however, some of the management in the workplace show their lack of enthusiasm for their role, which sometimes makes work difficult. However, I love working as part of a team and helping out my colleagues something I often do.
Pros
Free events, Family Focus
Busy and productive
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Spennymoor13 January 2018
DHL are a massive company. I enjoyed working there greatly. I Advanced from a picker to a supervisor in 6 years and found the culture and people very intelligent and satisfying.
Pros
Massive worldwide company
Cons
Wages are tight
Employee oriented
Business Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire13 January 2018
Good leadership, employee focused, encourage development.
Been with the company for almost 9 years, moved around a bit to learn various elements, management is supportive which helps to retain employees.
productive and fun workplace
PA to Vice President (VP) of HR (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London13 January 2018
You can expect to work alongside trained professionals who are skilled and who have a positive attitude in the workplace. A typical day will provide you with varied challenges
team leader / warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Barking12 January 2018
Fast Growing environment, very busy environment. Company always providing the best quality services. Great friendly people to deal with . Super fast work and very professional
Good
Senior Transport Controller (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire12 January 2018
My current responsibilities as senior transport controller are to look after in excess of 40 drivers across various sites, arranging the planning of routes for the Next home deliveries across the UK. Liaising with staff from Next to ensure any problems are rectified. Dealing with tachographing fringements and maintaining the fleet vehicles through dealing with breakdowns and service schedules. I was previously a HGV Class 1 Driver (wagon & drag) driver delivering goods to out bases across the country.
good work
Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes12 January 2018
I worked very well in the company without stress,very good hours and changes.I recommend everyone to work in such a large company, they have good bonuses
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Banking Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lagos, GU11 January 2018
I’ve spent the last eight years, more than two years I've spent in the advertised role and this has made me to understand the nitty-gritty of the job.
Excellent delivery service throughout .
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire10 January 2018
I have worked through the pertemps agency team... For 7weeks and didn't want to leave. Family reasons.

Great management and team effort throughout the office staff,delivery drivers,warehouse staff....to make customers satisfied in the excellence delivery of DHL at the Telford branch and worldwide. Thanks
Dhl
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet10 January 2018
Very big company so plenty of possibility to develop and progress. Relatively safe jobs in many locations from unskilled to skilled and senior management.
Ok
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire9 January 2018
The company is ok to work for. But the management is not that great. There are too many to the amount of normal workers. I've worked with better. I just fancy a change.
Absolute joke!
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe9 January 2018
Never worked for such a petty place, always seem to want people on warnings. All a big show to the outside world with the open days but in reality, employees are treated like dirt. On my last shift before going on maternity leave, not a single person from management came and wished me good look..... my own flm was too busy putting posters up to come see me!! They have absolutely 0% respect for employees and couldn’t care less who leaves as everyone is a number who can be replaced with agency workers.
Pros
I get to clock off after 8 hours!
Cons
Poor management
Left on your own
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatwick8 January 2018
After you get the job, and access to the system you on your own, no one cares how and what you do until targets are met you're ok. All benefits what company can provide like training etc. You have to chase yourself basically DHL is open and full of opportunities but you need to know how to get them. Overall is ok just pay are very low for amount of responsibility they require.
Pros
4 in 4 off and if not busy you just sit and do nothing
Cons
Long hours / low pay
Young office with great people
Digital Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire8 January 2018
Temporary contracts for everyone in the office which means no job security but some brilliant people who make the day go by quickly and some very understanding managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.