DHL Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Castle Donington22 September 2017
Spent 7 hours a day mon-fri on the phones taking bookings, worst part was the way customers would treat you, best part was my team manager was the most understanding human being id ever met. I enjoyed learning a lot about customs and the training was always fun.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London21 September 2017
Great opportunities and culture, lots of different paths that can you can work in. Management style is professional and they help you progress and move on if you are committed
not very productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Thrapston, Northamptonshire21 September 2017
my day started with the staff meeting and they tell us if we hit our picking targets which was impossible to achieve unless you constantly rushed which breaks health and safety standards.
Pros
Cons
long hours for little pay
fast paced environment
Picker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire20 September 2017
typical day at work was a fast paced picking orders to go to Sainsbury's stores across the country I learned how to drive a llop and how to pack pallets and cages properly.
Cons
not enpough hours was given
poor management spoils a nice place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Normanton20 September 2017
pick pack and general duties, poor management brings down staff moral which resulted in a general feel of apathy. hardest part of job was the poor management. Best part of job was the camaraderie amongst colleagues.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management
conducive work environment
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  rugby19 September 2017
good work place and friendly management. I learned to be hard working and determined, good work place culture and friendly management. easy to learn and cope with stress
excellent workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  kirby liverpool19 September 2017
dhl was an amazing company and place to work for. i loved the sociable side of work meeting all new types of people. i enjoyed getting up early and getting into work.
Pros
routine
Cons
have wonderful chatting with my colleague
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire16 September 2017
It's wonderful place to work DHL cause it has got a lots of different opportunity work skills such as machines, driving, pick &pack etc. The management absolutely are so friendly with all members of staff. You work so free without manager disturbing you, The place inside so big enough to operate any kind of machines, Plus the people's are enjoying to work full of confidence.
Pros
free meals on Xmas month
Cons
8 hours
Workplace
Transport Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire15 September 2017
Currently working in Transport my typical day at work starts from dispatching driver that have started setting up tracking devices giving out paperwork keys etc. Picking up lots of phone calls sending numerals emails planning routs for next day.Management in my working place is not very helpful, and the task that we are doing should be done by them but they are being throwing this to us. Which might have plus side as we are learning, and improving/ getting experience but it can be stressful and exhausting. Considering the stress that we have and amount of hours that we do for that money that we earning this place is not worth it.
Good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire15 September 2017
Its a very friendly environment but hard labour work I enjoyed it because the workers were nice and very helpful. You need strength and energy in this type of work.
Not Bad
Transport (Current Employee) –  England13 September 2017
Not a bad workplace but very little progression and holiday allowances are not very good. The money they pay is good but they expect a lot of work to be done.
Do not work for hams hall
Labour Operative (Former Employee) –  Hams Hall13 September 2017
Management are completely shocking except a couple of them. Favouritism at it's finest. New Starters will be victimised. Most enjoyable part is the money and going home
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Management can not manage
was fun place
Ops manager (Former Employee) –  South East12 September 2017
Years ago DHL was a good place to work however, due to changes in recent years it is now not happy place to be.

I have enjoyed working there and there are lots of great people there but now you are a number not a person.
workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Castle Bromwich11 September 2017
place is great fantastic to work for I had loads of different jobs to do.
good friendly people to work with and a fantastic work load good company to better yourself
Pros
great work
Cons
parking
productive fun place
Automotive Operations- Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 September 2017
everyday is differs. your are looked after and they are flexible around your home life. my colleagues are great and I am well respected. a brilliant place to work.
Cold place
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Northfleet9 September 2017
I learn a lot, it was first job for me in warehouse. I progressed through work positions quickly and enjoyed doing it. I liked few people with which I worked, but unfortunate place closed.
Cons
It was freezer
Awful place to work (swindon )
Courier (Former Employee) –  Swindon8 September 2017
Work as a courier at swindon my typical day was very busy i had to plain my day very long hours no breaks at all worked my taco hours which is against the law.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours bullying from management
great benefits
bay Marshall (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 September 2017
Great salary and benefits .shift patterns which may not suit all but friendly place to work with good opportunitys.great holidays and pension scheme so have everything covered when you work for them.
Pros
salary
Cons
shifts
large company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North Wales6 September 2017
great team work and good large company, each day is different.

Well organised and motivating.
covered wales area and the north west

great company to transfer to other countires
One of the best jobs I have had
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire6 September 2017
Sorting parcels into route order, checking vehicals, delivering parcels, collecting parcels, keeping a log of all activities, working as a team to process parcels on return.
Hardest part was meeting deadlines for collections when the traffic was bad.
Most enjoyable part was being out on my own all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval