Cyrenians Employee Reviews

meh
Stockroom Assistant/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falkirk27 November 2017
A typical day at work was to come in, make sure everything was clean, the shelves were always tidy, we'd make sure that if a customer came in they felt welcomed and asked if they needed any help, we also held taste trials in the shop aswell with jellies and other products from a local farm,the most enjoyable part of the job was having everything in its place and having everything tidied, the worst was when the day would drag in and there wasnt many customers
Horrendously run organisation
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London28 September 2017
Horrendously run organisation with extremely poor levels of communication between head management and project staff. Staff were constantly asked to cover the roles of many employees and there were no provisions for staff well-being and mental health.
Fun Workplace
Falkirk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, SCT13 August 2015
I enjoyed my experience with cyreneians. We did team building task through the day and worked at kirknewton farm doing all kinds of jobs there. There was never a bad day or hard part of the job and I enjoyed getting to kno new people and having a laugh with the staff and other young people like myself.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Too Short
Productive and fun workplace
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR / WAREHOUSE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Swansea8 July 2014
At this homeless charity I organised the collection and delivery of donated furniture to people
being resettled from hostels into unfurnished flats/bedsits. I coordinated 8 volunteers, while
managing stock, sales and banking, monitoring databases and the general maintenance and
administration of site. I was able to demonstrate and develop my interpersonal skills, team
work and people management.
fun lively place to work
customer service/hospitality (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG12 April 2014
the work atmosphere was very good the co-workers were all friendly the workers always had events that you could join in if you wished as all the work was for work experience there was no pay but that job was worth coming in for as they provided classes as well as work which was a mixture of hospitality and customer work
Excellent experience
Project Worker (Current Employee) –  Coventry4 October 2013
The company supports career development and focuses on team working and service user development.
Pros
the pay was excellent
Cons
it is too far to travel for work
productive, experiential,supportive and exciting
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough14 January 2013
A day at work as an advocate in the Cyrenians involves a good positive attitude, also keeping an open mind with no judgement.Good time management and room for flexibility between appointments with service users, and very good listening skills is essential.There are lots of opportunities for training and developing your skills, and learning new ones.I have learned unlimited amount of transferable skills, including Inform a system that we use to record clients data and action notes.
Our Service Manager is very supportive and will listen to any training needs and will support with any proffesional and personal development.Co workers are very supportive and will share good practice of any new training or events.There are times when challenging behaviour from service users can be a challenge, yet manageable.
The rewards are plentyful with the taking part in a service users recovery and rehabilitation from substance misuse.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
challenging behaviour from service users