Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews

Hospital on the mend
non-clinical (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey24 November 2017
I have recently joined Cygnet healthcare in Woking and the people here have been very welcoming. There is alot of change happening and it is hard work, however the knowledge that we are improving things is going a long way. Very promising future and i'm looking forward to being part of the team in the coming months! I transfered within Cygnet and the Company has been a great company to work for.
Pros
free lunch, staff rewards, sometimes a carparking space!
Cons
Lots of work to do
Productive and fun workplace
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ealing22 November 2017
Its a always been a privilege working with Cygnet. There is good management in all their activities. Staff are very supportive and know much about their job roles. I learnt a lot from cygnet including team working skills, punctuality, problem solving skills, effective communication, and making final decisions
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Challenge sometime but a good place to work at
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford13 November 2017
Everyday is different depending on the state of service users mental state.I have learnt to be patient,not to be judgmental,conflict resolution,be transparent and take responsibility.Teamwork and good communication is the culture at Cygnet.The hardest part of the job is shrtage of staff that will put staff and service users at risk.The most enjoyable is seeing team effort making a difference in service users lives.
Pros
Sports activities
Cons
Staff shortages
Stressful.
Healthcare support worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford19 October 2017
Of course the nature of the job is difficult but the management and support to go along with this mental health based role is minimal. As a healthcare support worker you are put upon more than you should be, listened to less than you should be and offered little in the way of progression and development.
good company
Support Worker (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
For individuals thinking of having a mental health nursing career within the private sector, it is a great company to work for and it is a place where employee development is prioritised. Although the work environment can be sometime challenging because of the client group, it is quite satisfying to be able to contribute to patients wellbeing.
Enjoyable play of work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stevenage2 October 2017
Very busy and unpredictable place of work, good mix of people and management worked closely to identify any necessary changes. Due to the nature of the company regular meetings would take place.
Productive and great workplace
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire27 September 2017
having worked for cygnet for the last four years i have learned how to handle stressful situtaions and not to let it impead on my work load.
I have become a trusted valued member of staff
every staff are very friendly
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2017
the level of team work is very high. people are just like your family and the management staff are brilliant. when ever you require support both within the job or in your personal life they are always willing to support you.
Pros
free lunch
Friendly therapy staff
Occupational therapy technician (Current Employee) –  Beckton, Greater London19 July 2017
Its a lovely working environment due to the staff mannerisms. However can be very challenging at the best of times as with any mental health hospital.
Pros
experience was very good, great OT department
Cons
No career progression for unqualified assistant OTs
terrible
HCA (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset4 July 2017
terrible place to work, the staffing levels are awful and management are never to be seen, the patients have the bare minimum and the care is poor. The place smells of urine and poo. The whole place could do with a make over and the treatment of the staff who do actually try and do a good job is not recognized at all.
Pros
Cons
long hours, horrible food, bad management
Good Place to work
RMN (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent4 June 2017
I found the vast majority of the staff working at Cygnet very decent people. What indicated this to me especially was staff putting on a Christmas pantomime for the patients who all seemed to really enjoy the show.

The management (and company as a whole) also care for its staff.
There are a range of benefits offered and they offer good training.
I particularly enjoyed the away day conference in Derby in February, where I learnt tips how nurses can avoid burnout.

The most enjoyable part about working as an RMN at Cygnet was bringing along my unique sense of humour which I think particularly staff and patients certainly welcomed and appreciated.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Day shifts
bullying culture and no appreciation
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire28 May 2017
Stay away from here, if you want to stay safe and feel supported.
Management don't care and risk of physical assault is high.
Some great patients and staff but all the best staff realise they will be treated better and leave for other jobs or are forced out
Felt very supported and even inspired by the quality manager but I have been told she left as all the good ones do, also had a good ward manager and team leader who listened and were kind but again I hear that they since left
All your efforts are not given any importance.
I have seen lots of staff crying at the treatment they got and now I have got another I feel able to leave these comments
Pros
Got a free lunch
Cons
No support, risk of injury, bad management
Poor employer
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester3 May 2017
Extremely poorly run hospital, degrade staff, low pay, no ethics. Senior management abuse their roles and work benefits. Would NOT recommend! the company emotionally breaks staff morale hence extremely high turnover. Shocking considering the nature of business.
Pros
None as the negative surpass any form of positive within the company
Cons
Poor managment, lack of respect, extremely poor HR no support or common decency for staff
22 May 2017

Thank you very much for your comments and I am very sorry to hear about your concerns. The experience you highlight isn’t consistent with feedback from staff generally and the 2017 Cygnet Staff Survey quoted 80% of staff at Bury Hospital stating they are happy with the support they receive from colleagues. We encourage staff who have particular concerns to raise these with their line manager, or if preferred with their staff representative. We do strive to meet all concerns and ensure we consistently provide a safe, caring and enjoyable environment for service users and staff.

Horrible in Bury
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester19 April 2017
The staff are not friendly and helpful.
There is not tesm work knowledge.
The manager doesn't help you with tou needs.
The HR and financial team doesn't know what's going in and everyone gives different opinions.
Pros
Free disgusting meal
22 May 2017

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to record your comments which we take very seriously. I note your observation about teamwork and emphasise that every effort is made to support teamwork through regular team briefings and staff supervision. The recently published 2017 Cygnet Staff Survey highlighted 76% of respondents at Bury Hospital feeling there was a positive sense of team spirit in their area of work. I would add that specific concerns will always be addressed whether raised via a line manager or staff representative. I am particularly sorry to read your comment about the free meals provided being ‘disgusting’ and would point out that a recent survey of staff at Bury recorded the quality of food as being ‘excellent’.

Receptionist
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks14 April 2017
A lovely place to work, the culture of the company is supportive and provides ongoing training and development. All staff are friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
discounted lunches and training courses
Cons
Rewarding place to work, good team, MDT and management.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester8 April 2017
The hospital has a diverse patient and staff group. For a nurse like me, there is an opportunity to work in other specialist areas such as Deaf services or CAMHS. I find most staff hard working and professional. There are a few staff who are always complaining and seem really unhappy. Not sure why anyone would stay if they hated the place so much. Unfortunately it's these people who end up affecting morale negatively. But I am only interested in my patients and doing a good job. My manager and MDT have been supportive since I started. We have just had a good CQC inspection, which is evidence of a good hospital. I find my role rewarding and look forward to continuing workin here.
Pros
Caring and rewarding work environment
Cons
Limited parking space.
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester8 April 2017
I have been working for this hospital since it was Mayflower, then Alpha and now Cygnet. This is the first time I can truly say that I enjoy coming to work. There used to be so many clicks and horrible people. They are all leaving because the new managers are very professional. Don't listen to the people who say bad things about the hospital or managers, they are racist cos the new Director is a black woman. But she is doing a very good job, and very experienced. Great place to work.
Pros
Great communication, Staff recognition, professional managers, great team work
Cons
Long hours, negative staff
Cygnet
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire7 April 2017
I have learnt so much working at Cygnet Hospital, this experience has left me very knowledgeable, and able to continue to work confidently in this industry. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with!
Pros
The staff
Poorly managed
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Midlands7 April 2017
Varied training package and fimancial support for further training if you agree to work for them for longer etc. Management very pressuring. Patients get good care, too much paperwork
Pros
Free food
Cons
See above
Please look elsewhere!!!!!!!!!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester22 March 2017
No support for staff, huge workload, money orientated care, seriously POOR management structure, inexperienced and poor senior staff, your a number not a person,
patient centred care is never mentioned, BUT Money and budgets is always mentioned, However there are some amazing staff, who are not appreciated or valued. poorly paid
Cygnet healthcare are all about Money Not care!!
5 April 2017

We are sorry to read your comment and do take feedback from our staff seriously. As it seems that you are a current employee, please can we encourage you to speak to your line manager and we can the start to resolve any concerns you may have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9