Crerar Hotels Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Scotland8 December 2017
Started off well but after a holiday the GM turned on me. GM had been very supportive and wanted me working there long term but was dismissed shortly after returning from my holiday. Direct line manager came in after me and seemed to feel threatened by my skillset immediately. Holiday pay structure is poor and was not explained. Contract was terminated due to lack of hours as business forecast was wrong, even though i had predicted that it would be a quiet spell and someone would be dismissed. Warning would have been nice. Staff only got staff meals if they lived on site or the GM wasn't around. Often had to cover 3 or 4 departments at once while on minimum wage. Would not work for company again
Pros
Guests were nice as were most colleagues. Fun atmosphere at times
Cons
Management. Pay
Lots of hours no holidays
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland4 June 2017
Worked as a head of department for 17 months mostly 6 days a week received a total of 4 days holiday in first year was told my holidays would be carried forward but were not and when i requested a weeks holiday i was told by the GM we were to busy and could not let me off.
Always short of staff especially kitchen management under pressure to make money and cut costs.
Not a nice company to work for.
Pros
Early grave
Cons
Everything about it
Fun and fulfilling
Waiter/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Nairn5 April 2017
Can be very fun while you meet a vary of different people from different cultures on there travels. Also have a strong bond between different departments.
Pros
Free meal while working
Cons
Spilt shifts
Not great
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Isle Of Mull7 May 2016
Management team do not care how many hours you work as long as they make profits and can be nasty. Staff accommodation is awful at the hotel
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Managers. Accommodation
Not an employee focused business
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oban22 April 2016
The implementation of the Fair Fund was ridiculous, resulted in me giving up employment immediately.

On the whole they are very poor employers. The hotels are put under a lot of pressure from head office to achieve yet they lack basic management. It is a very confusing company to work for. Complete disregard for their employees. Very much a boys club at the top of the chain.
Pros
Free staff meals & Uniforms
Cons
Long working hours, lack of respect, poor rates of pay
great company to work for.
Painter and Decorator/Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  inveraray20 August 2013
beautiful location,great people,good working conditions.
Pros
free swimming pool and workers are treated with great respect.
Cons
emergency call outs.

Want to know more about Crerar Hotels?

Ask a question