Crawley Borough Council Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Staff benefits and reasonable pay
Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Crawley24 November 2016
Good points
CBC offer flexible working, an essential car users car loan, bicycle loan scheme, a good maternity package and excellent training opportunities.

There are lots of lovely friendly people working at the organisation, and a majority of them are very keen to help the public. CBC has progressed, with many departments becoming increasing customer led

Bad points
Staff numbers have reduced over the years, so it is difficult to complete all work and maintain high standards of customer care at all times. Management tend not to be innovative, and are often viewed by staff as being change adverse. Staff feel dispensable and undervalued

Many of the offices are in a poor state of repair, with dirty carpets and inadequate kitchen facilities.
A good working experience!
Council Administrator (Former Employee) –  Crawley17 October 2016
An ideal role for myself, a shame it was only a short term contract! Completely a new working environment but enjoyable and an educational for me.
fun co-works and easy work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tilgate, Crawley, ENG31 March 2015
I very thankful that tilgate cafe was my first job because it is very relaxing when I start, thanks to my co-workers and managers.
it taught me all the skills that i now use in all the jobs I've had since then: talking to customers, dealing with difficult customers, working on a till, health and safety in the work place, working in a team.
as with most jobs that hard yet best part of my job was dealing with customers cause in summer with the long queues they would all start to get angry after about 3 because of how long it would take us to get to them. but you always have those customers that would understand because they have normal be there them selves.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very stressful during summer
Crawley Borough Council
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, ENG20 July 2014
Busy diary management, travel arranging both internal and overseas. A lot of event organising. Minute / note taking every week as management meetings. Great office to work in, fun and lively but all focussed.
Pros
Near to home
Cons
no career progression
Great work experience.
Shadowing electrol (Former Employee) –  Crawley, ENG31 March 2014
It was my placement for work for work experience I am currently a student at Oriel High School.