Cranfield University Employee Reviews

Conference and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire2 January 2018
Work was busy and challenging never a day was the same. Loved working with customers to ensure a great event. Enjoyed working on my own and also as part of a team.
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Lanchester Hall6 December 2017
I clean kitchens which is very satisfying, management have respect for us workers, there are students from overseas and I enjoy talking to them about what they are studying and where they are from.
Pros
Free breakfast
Informative
Academic Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Shrivenham, Oxfordshire22 November 2017
Learn something new every day, interesting characters all very different but lovely to work with. We deal with some very different areas of research from electric vehicles to digital forensics.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Academics
Good environment for research
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire15 November 2017
Industry driven, it is a good place to work if you want to do research in cutting edge technology. However, there is not much job security at the moment
minimalistic
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire22 September 2017
was not a very polite place to work there was always someone either ranting or arguing. I found that the work hours were very long and that is was not a very secure job to have as people were replaced often
Pros
company car
Cons
underpaid
Thorough learning experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire9 July 2017
The management course provided an in depth and immersive learning experience. They covered all aspects of managing a small to mid sized business, from hiring to cost management and much much more.
A productive fun place staff are good
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire22 June 2017
Cranfield is a relaxed fun but productive place to work the management are good and the staff are always friendly
I have learnt a lot whilst I've been working in the IT department
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
There aren't any
Extremely stimolating and productive environment
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Shrivenham7 June 2017
The workplace was always relaxing and my superior stimulated my research activities giving me freedom of movement and help when required. The hardest part of the job was to learn to manage my research activity, which, anyway give me the opportunity to acquire this capability too.
One of the best postgraduates universities in the UK with opportunities to develop
IS TRAINING & SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Cranfield29 May 2017
Great place to work. Flexible, with opportunites to develop (training, development support, clear profesional path).
Ideal
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire28 May 2017
It is a ideal place to work and you have a wide range of independence. The facilities are the best there is also a wide range of support mechanisms available.
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Remote location
An excellent employer and good place to work
Human Resource Officer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire10 March 2017
An interesting place to work, a professional work force, a stimulating environment and overall a really enjoyable place to work. The HR team were fantastic and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Professional team
Encouraging and positive
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire6 February 2017
Sorting emails, checking webpages, building lists, registering people on taster events.
I have learnt how to prioritise my workload and make sure all is sorted and packed for the events.
I attend the events and register the delegates, making sure they have their packs and badges and are happy.
I have a good working relationship with my colleagues and management. As a post grad and executive management university, there are many cultures and beliefs, I feel that Cranfield has addressed these for all nationalities and beliefs. The hardest part is not being able to progress and reach a higher level.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Unable to progress to higher level
Productive, Great Team
Project Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cranfield, UK26 January 2017
I analyzed and developed concrete solutions for common problems related to a disruptive and innovative medical product. In collaboration with the Healthcare Division of General Electrics, I worked on the identification and development of a suitable business model for a new portable ultrasound scanner.
Good place to work and learn.
Great research team.
Good student place.
cutting edge technologies and interesting projects
Composites Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire16 January 2017
Really good working experience in a friendly environment where all the project are industrial based even if it's an academic environment.
Great place but terrible salary
Junior Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranfield6 December 2016
Brilliant place to work if looking for a job for life, no chance of getting sacked, but far too many people aware of this and don't pull their weight with no repercussions.

Salary is also well below industry levels and there is no intention of raising these. There are also no real benefits of working here that make it worth the lack of salary.
Pros
Plenty of holiday
Cons
Salary
good place to learn and improve yourself
Administrative/librarian assistant (Former Employee) –  bedfordshire29 October 2016
A typical involves arranging and sorting books, follow up on books lent out
Photocopying, faxing and mailing
Light housekeeping
Making calls
The most rewarding part of the job is when students interact with you and appreciate your efforts.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours night stay
Interesting and different
Senior Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  oxfordshire9 September 2015
There was no typical day with this job everything revolved around what needed testing. My main job was testing body armour either stab vests or military types. So I got to shoot Kevlar vests and using a drop test machine load a blade into the sabot and drop it from a measured height onto a police stab vest and see what damage it would do.
Other jobs would be going to a big field and blowing thing up to test durability.
Pros
Chance to do courses.
Cons
Long hours standing around waiting
Bonding experience
Research Officer (Former Employee) –  Cranfield, ENG19 August 2015
AML ltd is a very good research place for someone who likes a bit of challenge. Well established and good people to work around.
Rewarding workplace
Master Thesis (Former Employee) –  Cranfield, ENG21 October 2014
I enjoyed working and learning in a multicultural environment. I learned more about CFD and project management with people from different countries.
Good work environment and work balance
Research Associate and PhD candidate (Current Employee) –  Cranfield3 May 2014
As a academic institution, work-life balance is very good.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Remote location