Coventry University Employee Reviews

Fun
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 October 2017
The job is easy going, you can have a laugh as long as it isn't disruptive. You can either sit down or have a walk about depending on how active you would like to be
Pros
Easy, Good work life balance
Cons
Odd hours
it is a great place to work with wonderful staff.
Assistant Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands17 October 2017
A typical day at work involves interacting with students to ensure learning, i learned learning is a continuous process and we learn everyday. persevarance is the key to success. the most enjoyable part is knowing that knowledge has been impacted and you get positive feedback from students.
just love cleaning
Cleaner (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands29 August 2017
estates bad management they do not help staff needs and have lack of respect management discuss confidentiality to other member of staff which is disloyal
Pros
love working for clients staff and students
Cons
bad management skills lack of communication manages
Best Institution for enhancing personal skills and developing oneself
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Coventry, UK26 August 2017
Institution where I completed my graduation in Automotive Engineering. Providing a wide range of expertise in terms of interacting with multi-culture people. Where ones ideas and aspiration are always valued and entertained, working with foreign associates and improving skills such as presentation and language.
Great opportunity
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 August 2017
Working on Open Days was a great opportunity for me to discuss my course with prospective students and their parents who benefit greatly from hearing what it is like as a student from someone who is living that life.
A great university to study and work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands17 July 2017
I have been a student and a student ambassador for Coventry University. During the latter, I have worked with several different teams and colleagues, assisting at open days, giving prospective students talks and recommendations on what they should expect and overall simply trying to make sure everyone feels comfortable.

I learned a lot about team-working, communication, planning and dealing with any issues on the day. Everyone is very nice and friendly and always help out with any problem or question you may have.

It can be difficult at first, to know the correct words to say, and even find your way around the University, but in time, with colleagues on your side, every event always runs very smoothly.

I cherish my colleagues and the flexibility offered by the teams.
Pros
Free lunch, fair pay
Cons
Varied hours
excellent and friendly environment
project officer (Former Employee) –  coventry (U.K)5 July 2017
the hardest part was planning the job before I worked and I enjoyed so much to work with different cultural and different background people so I can learn more from them
Modern and nice
Student (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 June 2017
Perfect university and exceptional management. Lectures are prepared and staff is always keen to resolve your problems. They give you the opportunity to start an internship while your are studying
Pros
Modern university
Cons
Small teaching rooms
Good opportunities for part time employment.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands9 June 2017
They really take good care of you, ideal for part-time employment alongside your studies. Good atmosphere, great working for managers who really care.
The only minus side is that despite being told so, you don't always get paid once a week as someone forgets to deliver the timesheets for payroll officer.
Good work life balance
HR Client Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands22 May 2017
management of changes for employee life cycle, set up of new employees maintenance of VISA information according to UKVI regulations. Dealing with day to day queries.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Great university
Student (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands, UK12 May 2017
Coventry university is a great university for anyone looking for further education. the teaching is of a very high quality and the facilities are getting better and better as time goes on. There is also lot of student support should you need it
Educational and research place
PhD Researcher (Former Employee) –  CAWR11 May 2017
It is a good institute and provided me with a good space for research. The staff is very much caring and helpful. The working hours are manageable and working from home option is available.
Inspiring work environment
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands16 February 2017
Working with Coventry university has helped me sharpen a lot of soft skills. I believe that the student engagement in the university plays a good role of preparing graduates for the work environment. It was a good experience overall.
Extremely busy environment with an amazing group of staff.
Student Ambassador/ Student Promoter (Former Employee) –  Coventry, United Kingdom16 February 2017
A typical day at work is a very busy environment full of new students who want get their problems solved and successfully enroll into their courses, hence this expanded my ability to work and interact with a wide range of cultures as I had to provide my service to students from all over the world. I also improved my time management skills as I had to balance my studies, work and social life. Improved my communication and quick decision making skills too.

Had been working with an amazing management team who were very supportive and extremely friendly, hence this has made it so easy and desirable to work at Coventry University.

Hardest part of the job was commuting to different airports in the UK early morning to meet and greet some students and other personalities.

The most enjoyable part of the job had been planning events and trips for new students, where I got to attend most of these events and trips.
Productive and fun workplace
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Coventry12 February 2017
Working for Coventry university is not giving you just financial benefits, but a wide range of benefits including an engaging and full of knowledge workplace as well as qualified professional to support your development as a professional person.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
N/a
Coventry University
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands30 January 2017
Amazing and friendly workplace, with highly motivated employees. Provided a great opportunity for me to improve my people and IT skills, communication and more significantly working experience. Day to day contact with people from different parts of the world enhancing my understanding of various cultures and how to handle issues under pressure.
Pros
Great salary benefit and experince
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands23 January 2017
Observed and monitored children behaviour after reading tests. Working with children 7 years old. More than 200 schools involved in midland. Professional environment.
Productive and fun
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 January 2017
You will learn a lot from Coventry University (London Campus). It is a great place to meet people, to network and interact with people in a multi-cultural setting.
Pros
multicultural environment
Cons
can't think of any at the moment
Great Job
IT Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands2 January 2017
Overall, working at Coventry University I enjoyed working there as an IT Technical Assistant. Also, the best part of working at Coventry University was the environment and my colleagues. They respected me and I respected them and my manager was great showed a lot of support. The hardest part of my job was during clearing time when I had to set up computers and phones with my team. Other than that it was a great experience and I hope one day I may work there again.
Pros
Building confidence
Flexible and professional environment
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Coventry10 November 2016
The role allows me to meet many new people and practice my communication and rapport building skills. It also allows me to work and study at the same time.As a result, it has expanded my professional network, increased my confidence level and commercial awareness.