Cornwall Council Employee Reviews

Secure and fulfilling employment
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall2 September 2017
Organisation with opportunities and training. Good benefits including flexi time, family friendly policies etc. Good rates of holiday and other schemes.
good place to work
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Camborne, Cornwall30 August 2017
Good staff training available. Good work/ life balance. The restaurants/cafe in head offices are excellent. Secure and Free onsite parking. Good links to rail
STEPS Support Worker is the most rewarding job I have ever had
STEP Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Camborne, Cornwall25 July 2017
Guaranteed hours and shift pattern. Paid travel time and mileage.

Fantastic training and career progression opportunities.

Supportive management.

I love seeing people improve their confidence and ability everyday so that they can live independently in their homes and achieve their goals.

Equipping people with the skills and techniques required to increase their independence gives me the best job satisfaction.

I am proud to put on my uniform everyday as I know I am going to make a difference to people lives.
Pros
Making a difference to peoples lives
Good Employer
Technical Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Threemilestone, UK18 July 2017
Good employer, great diversity of people, flexible working hours, good rate of pay, opportunity for promotion, opportunity for a multitude of training programmes and qualifications.
Poor management
Access Assessor (Current Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall4 June 2017
NO job satisfaction,very poor management,. Fodcus on employing high paid consultants for invented job titles without investing in grass routes and getting the service customer need.
Pros
Well paid considering area
Cons
Poor management, no recognition or understanding of mental wellbeing.
Good employer
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall31 May 2017
I worked within Family Services based in St Austell as a Finance administrator for the local Children Centers. I also covered reception duties for the Children's Centers in St Austell, Newquay and St Columb as and when required for sickness/holiday cover.
Pros
Close to home
Constantly being restructured - very unsettling.
Case Co (Former Employee) –  SW Cornwall15 May 2017
Constantly being restructured - very unsettling. Management support hit & miss, can be very good or very poor. Colleagues are very supportive and a strong culture of mutual support amongst workers exists.
Pros
reasonable salary
Cons
stressful work load and job pressure.
Repetitive work
Customer Service Advisor/ Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Truro14 May 2017
In the call centre taking calls. The work can be dull, repetitive and mentally draining. Equally there are worse places to work. The staff are reasonably friendly and the hours are fixed which means you can plan evenings ect.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
mentally draining.
Great Place!
Advanced Public Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall18 April 2017
Busy, fulfilling work that lets you advance in a traditional manner; though sometimes bureacratic, it has some very positive aspect including the 4go1 scheme.
I immensely enjoyed working for the Council
Data Inputter (Former Employee) –  Truro17 April 2017
I did a lot of admin work for the Council in County Hall. This was a temporary job, but I wish it could have been longer.

I photocopied Contracts to the Schools and collated the items to go with them. And then I sent them out in their respective envelopes.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the staff.
Cons
Temporary work wasn't offered longer
Loved it!
Lunchtime Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Helston, Cornwall12 April 2017
I worked as a lunch time supervisor when I was a student at Helston College. I spent my lunch times looking after year 7 to year 9's, a very difficult job I found. I enjoyed it however, helping youngsters in situations I had once found myself at school. So rewarding.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Some rude children
Low Pay, Poor Management, No incentives.
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Bodmin, Cornwall6 February 2017
Terrible job due to having to deal with violent and abusive people
Terrible Pay. Low wages considering how much work and responsibilities I had.
Terrible Management. Never listened and Micro managed everything and treated their staff like children.
Terrible Prospects. No real incentives to give you something to aim for.
Terribly run department by people who hold the wrong values and don't appreciate their staff. Moral was lower than WHALE SH_T !!! I had it easier in the Military !!!
Pros
Cons
Everything else
nice place to work
Admin apprentice (Former Employee) –  Letters, UK3 February 2017
easy access to lots of opportunities to develop your career i had really good training and the people who trained me were very efficient and friendly. I was sorry to leave
Productive workplace
Education (Current Employee) –  Cornwall12 January 2017
Opportunities to gain a wide number of job experiences and work in a professional and dedicated team. In my front line role i travel to a number of different villages or towns each day and work with a wide variety of clients.
Lovely job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall23 December 2016
Lovely job very welcoming staff learnt loads about the day to day running of the school and what is expected of child care professionals.
Great Place to work
Ceremonies and Certificates Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall22 November 2016
Fantastic place to work and incredible role. Slightly low salary however the job/life balance is incredible. Wanting to do the same role in London.
Good staff moral
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall25 October 2016
Loved working within Cornwall council but hours did not suit my families situation.
Excellent company providing care for children on the autism spectrum.
Cons
Unsuitable hours
Lots of experience gained
Development Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  Truro Moresk ED21 December 2015
Duties include validation of pre applications, do I need permission forms, discharge of conditions and non material amendments, taking applications off hold and consulting external companies, choosing which newspaper the application will appear in and selecting which neighbours will be affected by the application. Other duties include conditions monitoring, using the ERP system to order stationery and print supplies for the department, I am on a rota for the general enquiries team and I have volunteered to help out with the empty homes team.

I have learnt the job from start to finish and I have made great friends with my colleagues. I am ready for a brand new challenge.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No definite chance of progression
workplace
Technical Project Manager Domain Consolidation (Former Employee) –  Truro, ENG25 November 2015
People generally fine
Work generally fine
Otherwise generally fine
was happy to leave when i did
would not want to work for them again
Good place work
Residential Childcare Worker (Former Employee) –  Redruth, ENG21 November 2015
Really good place to work, enjoyed my short time here, met so many wonderful peope. and enjoyed my work so much.

the hardest part of my job was knowing it was short time employment, management were brilliant to me, supported me on every step.