Compass Group UK & Ireland Employee Reviews

Avoid the company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire18 January 2018
Hard place to work, a lot of incidents, low pay, unappreciative, treatment not great, very low pay, too many hours, organisation couldn't organise a party
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, bad management.
Waste of time
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire17 January 2018
Nice and reliable coworkers but management very poor. Lack of comunication between manager and the rest of the team. Big favoritism and not treating everyone fairly. Always short of staff but manager doesn't care about.
Pros
can't find any
Cons
low pay
compass
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport14 January 2018
I am currently working for Compass Group as a catering assistant which I have been since 1st march 2015. Working for this company I have heightened my skills of leadership, team working and also working on my own, supporting other members around me when it’s needed. Together with this I have learnt new skills such as dealing with complaints when the customer was dissatisfied with the company’s product and offering different alternatives which might suit the customer better.
Friendly and busy place to work, enjoyed building great relationships with customers.
Oxfordshire (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire10 January 2018
I worked for compass part-time for nearly 4 years while I was a mum to 2 very young children, i worked in a prison staff mess which included trips into the prison itself as part of my daily work routine.
Pros
The biggest pro was the hours, as a single mum they fitted round school hours.
Cons
Working within a prison enviroment does have its risks.
Job
CSA (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 January 2018
I loved my job but when the temp manager left my new manager started giving me a hard time but I ignored it he then got rid of me and made an excuses then the letter he gave me for my housing was vile, I felt like I was mistreated because of my skin colour never will I work for compass again
Pros
Feeding the dhl staff and having a laugh with the girls
Cons
My old manager, not having breaks paid for
Fun
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London3 January 2018
I have worked here for nearly a year and I enjoy it very much. I have made good friends and have learnt a lot from here. I will continue to work here for a while!
Enjoyable working environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon26 December 2017
Compass were the overhead company who employed me for the duration of the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. The company is well organised, and the tournament ran smoothly.
Pros
Bonus at the end of the 2 weeks
Cons
low pay
Where do I start?
Mobile Vending Operator (Current Employee) –  Anywhere21 December 2017
I've not long been employed here but I regret applying. Organisation is an absolute shambles!

Driving the van is good as you are left alone to work to your own pace, but once the call outs start you are screwed. The pay is minimum wage (£7.50 per hour) with the amount of driving and work that is piled on you it's poor. Office don't read your routes for the day and demand a call out within 24hrs, so you have to find a way of getting to the site and time.
Start time is 6am, but most sites don't open till 8 or 9, neither does the stock room. So your waiting around a lot for either parking space or the site to open.
Pros
Left alone
Cons
Timing, pay
A company with no values
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London5 December 2017
I went for a trial working day as a kitchen porter at Compass in Bromley . The chef was a French female who told me that I would get paid for the trial working day. I worked my socks off hoping that I would get paid for the trial day.
I kept on calling them but no body came back to me.
I am still waiting for my payment.
Avoid working for this company.
Pros
No meal at work
Fun work place
Site Service Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Enfield1 December 2017
I enjoy the people i work with and also how i progressed through out the company in all diffrent roles i have also made good relations with the clients

Want to know more about Compass Group UK & Ireland?

Ask a question
Not the ideal place to work
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 November 2017
A typical day of work would just be cleaning up lounges, serving customers and then being required to do things outside of your job description - and if i did not do so then i would be sent home. I enjoyed the banter between employees at the workplace but management was poor and seemed like they did not care.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Pressured to do extra hours
Avoid
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough city hospital20 November 2017
Stay away from this company when it comes to security job roles in hospitals you are rubbish under there shoes management couldn't organise a party shocking pay over worked don't offer no training no jabs at risk of catching everything
Cons
The conpany itself needs to focus on the workers abit more and appreciate what the staff actually do each day .
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bo'ness, Falkirk19 November 2017
Working with compass is good because i go do my job without any grief and then go home . I work with 5 ladies who always assist if i struggle with anything .
Pros
Free lunch and no child care required
Cons
Min wages
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2017
Invest in people who are willing to invest in the company. Management need to have more of an understanding of the operational side of the business - financial and client relationship is important however they do lose site of the day to day operation and teams that are running and are part of the business.
Pros
Willing to invest
Cons
Not good at praising - quick to judge
Good training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire12 November 2017
I learned computer skills, vending,handling cash , ordering workload can be heavy but it all part of the job ,hours are short ,but dark up good all ways some one on phone if needed
Pros
Good job I liked it
Cons
Work load
Working with a good team
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom9 November 2017
A typical day at work is speak every morning with AM to ensure every unit is covered .
I have learned that if you do not communicate with the whole team things get missed.
Management are the main support to ensure everyday runs smoothly
The hardest part of my job is having time to complete the job suffiently
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the unit runs smoothly paperwork up to standard and staff are vhappy.
Busy workplace
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 November 2017
I worked for Compass in the Costa unit in Addenbroke's. The sore was really busy all day long, so it was quite stressful working there. Salary is definetly low.
Excellent place to work & I have made many lifelong friends.
Commis chef (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh29 October 2017
Brilliant place to work & learn & I have also made many lifelong friends at the place where I work the staff are all friendly and helpful & I enjoy my time there.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Travel to work
Lively and atmospheric workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff25 October 2017
Thoroughly enjoyable workplace environment, strong team relationships. Team support and management very helpful and supportive. Fast paced work, so very little time to have a break, however there is always something to be doing. The atmosphere is great on a match day and when there are concerts. Can have the odd difficult customer but overall it is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, great experiences.
Cons
No time for breaks
Same over and over day in day out! Management very poor. No duty of care! One rule for one and another rule for another! Not a nice place to work, cou
CSA (Former Employee) –  England23 October 2017
You can have the best workforce team and all it takes is a bad manager to bring everybody down! I saw labels being switched on out of date meats! Not a nice place to work! As long as management are ok then that’s all that matters!! Avoid!!!!
Pros
Free lunch!
Cons
Depressing, backstabbing and that was mainly the manager!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group UK & Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.