Compass Group UK & Ireland Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Compass group
Catering Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey20 September 2017
This company is amazing! I love my job! My manager is great makes sure we are all up to date with what we need to know, I work in a high school so perfect hours for me as I have a young child in primary! The people I work with are nice and helpful and the company tries so expand to satisfy anyone's needs! Very good company well thought through!
Pros
Some children do get free lunches, hours are good
Fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 September 2017
I enjoyed my time at Compass. No day was ever really the same due to the amount of different events and functions the company takes on but that made it fun.
Good hours, Good money.
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend18 September 2017
Good company for certain hours and for the money. However the management can be poor which tends to cause a lot of concern and negativity around the work place. Staff members are friendly and supportive however the management do not get the same support as their workers which again will cause issues. They act like a family and that's what the working area should be like.
Pros
friendly environment, good money, supportive
Cons
lack in hours.
Good company but very disappointing.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Wales15 September 2017
This is a good company with to many idiots thinking they are managers who have no clue on what the word "team" means and never put their team first. The manager I was under never did an open or a close shift, never covered anyone off sick, never even came in if we had no supervisors to run the shift and left the baristas to do it rather than disturb his day. Policies and procedures aren't lead by example from above so not sure how they expect the team to do things properly if the management aren't doing it right in the first place. Disappointing.

All in all good place to work but depending on the manager your under.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
No progression and pay rates aren't the same for everyone no matter what level you are.
Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 September 2017
This company is a great company to start a career, it gives you a platform to build confidence in the working environment and offers all different sorts of job opportunity.
fun workplace
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hanger Lane11 September 2017
it was ok and nice to work for them! i was happy to help them when they ask me! i was in a great team and they make my job more easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont try to join this company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire9 September 2017
Dont work for them in security rest of departments i dont know but security managment is bench of idiots and dam people every singel month your pay is wrong
Very amazing work environments
Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) –  Liberty stadium Swansea9 September 2017
Working with compass is s great experience and makes you more confident in working with people you have never met. The day can be busy but it gets your adrenaline rushing. I thoroughly enjoy working for the Compass group.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many staff in one area
Fun work place
Chef (Current Employee) –  Cambridge Station, Cambridgeshire7 September 2017
God place to work I have learnt a lot from working with compass they do a lot for you within the company I have worked there for 3 years nearly 4 always Been helpful if I needed anything , they listen when you have a problem and all round a nice place to wrok
Pros
Free lunch holidays
catering assistant
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2017
well first few months i was picked on by a member of staff then i was working through breaks feet where very painful and the spread over you do when you work for schools i wouldnt recommend as money aint worth the amount of work you do and always short of staff get warnings for when you are sick made promisses and then they where broken management was poor thought was good to start with but then things turn narsty
Pros
Cons
work through breaks and money
Not what i thought.
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire24 August 2017
I had fun here with my comfort workers as I was a former supervisor. However, management were greedy and using cronyism and went against us. In the end we all got the day because the senior managers never gave us a chance and later the horrid manager himself lost his job
Pros
Nice co workers good hours people were lovely meeting new customers all the time
Cons
Management and disrespect and not treating everyone fairly
Unfairly treated
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton23 August 2017
I was still in my probationary period. I was doing really well and my supervisor clarified this daily. However the person I was stationed with in the cafe didn't like me and was very vocal about this, as a result I had my probation period cut shot at just 5 weeks and asked to leave!
lovely
Worcestershire (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire18 August 2017
I worked for this company 4 a long time. they give you alot of training and help you go up the ladder within the company. always there to help if needed it and support
Pros
free food
Cons
spilt shifts
Xx
Employee Relations Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 August 2017
The general feel on the floor is welcoming and friendly - everyone is always willing to help each other where they can. This also goes wider to different teams, floors and offices.
Only plus point is advancement but pay is not good
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 August 2017
The company is very good at internal advancement and free food/ discounted food. However, other than that, pay is not so good compared to market. The management only thinks about the clients and not think about their staff. Other management do not recognise you. No proper induction and not much support. Very demotivating place to work in.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Management and Pay
Absolutely disgraceful!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon9 August 2017
I worked here with the Compass - ESS services cleaning department in Plymouth.
The managment are disgusting, the way they speak to you is nothing less then rubbish on the bottom of your shoe. They fabricated lies just for a reason to be able to have a go. No manners, gratitude or support for there staff whatsoever left after not being able to receive this behaviour anymore. If you want any sort of decent job environment or respect, stay away from Compass.
Pros
None.
Cons
I really enjoyed working for them
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 August 2017
I enjoyed working for compass Group because I was always busy and i covered a number of roles. It was never boring and kept me on my toes. I was also trained for the different roles along with health and safety food and hygiene. I learned a lot from my time with them.
Pros
Free lunch. Training. Versatile with many roles
Cons
At times under staffed
Lazy managers, low pay, long hours - no life.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 August 2017
Store management are lazy. Never help out even when short staffed. No staff morale. Staff turnover was incredible. Managers gave staff no incentives to stay. Or training, and were only interested in sales targets. Long hours low pay. STAY CLEAR!
Professional and up to standard
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London5 August 2017
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US.

With good, honest food at heart and service in their soul, they live and breathe hospitality. They are Compass UK & Ireland’s single brand for the sport, leisure and hospitality sector. They are UK market leader, admired in arenas, confex, stadia, leisure and hospitality. They love what they do and it shows, their work driven by a tireless restaurateur’s mindset.
Have worked for this company for six months. My immediate supervisor is great but the company stinks.
Ckeaner (Current Employee) –  North east England3 August 2017
Have been working for almost 40years and can honestly say this is the worst company I've ever had the misfortune to work for. Wages are always wrong. All administration done by Internet. Faceless conglomerate who treat staff very badly. If you have a choice, do not work for them.
Pros
Higher than national minimum wage
Cons
Wages usually wrong

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group UK & Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.

Compass Group UK & Ireland Reviews by Location