Compass Group UK & Ireland Employee Reviews

Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2017
Invest in people who are willing to invest in the company. Management need to have more of an understanding of the operational side of the business - financial and client relationship is important however they do lose site of the day to day operation and teams that are running and are part of the business.
Pros
Willing to invest
Cons
Not good at praising - quick to judge
Good training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire12 November 2017
I learned computer skills, vending,handling cash , ordering workload can be heavy but it all part of the job ,hours are short ,but dark up good all ways some one on phone if needed
Pros
Good job I liked it
Cons
Work load
Working with a good team
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom9 November 2017
A typical day at work is speak every morning with AM to ensure every unit is covered .
I have learned that if you do not communicate with the whole team things get missed.
Management are the main support to ensure everyday runs smoothly
The hardest part of my job is having time to complete the job suffiently
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the unit runs smoothly paperwork up to standard and staff are vhappy.
Busy workplace
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 November 2017
I worked for Compass in the Costa unit in Addenbroke's. The sore was really busy all day long, so it was quite stressful working there. Salary is definetly low.
Excellent place to work & I have made many lifelong friends.
Commis chef (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh29 October 2017
Brilliant place to work & learn & I have also made many lifelong friends at the place where I work the staff are all friendly and helpful & I enjoy my time there.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Travel to work
Lively and atmospheric workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff25 October 2017
Thoroughly enjoyable workplace environment, strong team relationships. Team support and management very helpful and supportive. Fast paced work, so very little time to have a break, however there is always something to be doing. The atmosphere is great on a match day and when there are concerts. Can have the odd difficult customer but overall it is a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, great experiences.
Cons
No time for breaks
Same over and over day in day out! Management very poor. No duty of care! One rule for one and another rule for another! Not a nice place to work, cou
CSA (Former Employee) –  England23 October 2017
You can have the best workforce team and all it takes is a bad manager to bring everybody down! I saw labels being switched on out of date meats! Not a nice place to work! As long as management are ok then that’s all that matters!! Avoid!!!!
Pros
Free lunch!
Cons
Depressing, backstabbing and that was mainly the manager!
Great job
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London15 October 2017
Great job wish I didn’t have to move. Training is easy and the people here are really helpful and a great team. If I could take my job with me I would be happy.
Pros
Good hours
Don't work for them in security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear15 October 2017
You can't get threw to line manager wadges are wrong every month all ways under pay you
Supervisors are to out spoken
They share your personal information with other staff members
Worked with the company 5 months and just left walked out wouldn't go bk wouldn't advise anyone to work with them
They don't give you full uniform the tell you and promise you anything to get you in the door and treat you like dirt
Also supervisors take shifts of you if they take a dislike to you
Also don't deal with and handle problems well
Push problems under the carpet
Through unit I worked for was great. Nice people, great team.
Hospitality assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 October 2017
It was a great experience to be part of good team there. We were out of public so we did provide the service for a company. All the customers were very polite so we were very happy to serve them.
Pros
We had free meals and drinks there

Want to know more about Compass Group UK & Ireland?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol12 October 2017
My typical day at work mainly involves cleaning and tydying reception area and rooms off of reception. I also help many work colleagues with different needs during the day. I also integrate with the general public helping them with directions. I have learnt how to use different chemicals for different work areas and how to use cleaning eqipment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I get from turning a well used room into a room that is very clean for the public to use again. Management is very supportive and I get on very well with them.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay
Positive start, awful end
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire6 October 2017
After a positive start and regular work for five weeks things quickly changed.

After covering a site fifteen miles away I was eventually expected to move to a regular sight 35 miles away, at which point I decided to move on.

I was promised a different hourly pay rate to what I actually received and they refused to pay holidays owed when I left.

No uniform was received during my employment with vsg/compass.
Pros
Apparantly they pay for your SIA licence though this could be another lie
Cons
Deceiving, zero hours
productive and fun workplace
Kiosk Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham4 October 2017
My job is very productive but can be tiring too as you are on your feet all day. However, it is a fun place to work as all staff are friendly and polite.
Pros
Cons
Casual
Not a very good place to work.
Housekeeper/domestic cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cambridge2 October 2017
This has to be one of the worst jobs I have worked, they just put you on a ward and don't give you much training for domestic and housekeeping, they don't seem to know what they are doing either when they put you somewhere.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not very nice to other staff members.
Very busy each day
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lothian28 September 2017
Not the best job cafe unorganised especially lunch time some staff so unorganised lunch was always late not very appealing menu tables dirty good price meals
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Staff training
A great place to work
Marketing Team (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
Engaging, busy and fun. A company that gets behind it's people and food is a great thing to work with.

You have the autonomy to make your own successes.
Compass group
Catering Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey20 September 2017
This company is amazing! I love my job! My manager is great makes sure we are all up to date with what we need to know, I work in a high school so perfect hours for me as I have a young child in primary! The people I work with are nice and helpful and the company tries so expand to satisfy anyone's needs! Very good company well thought through!
Pros
Some children do get free lunches, hours are good
Fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 September 2017
I enjoyed my time at Compass. No day was ever really the same due to the amount of different events and functions the company takes on but that made it fun.
Good hours, Good money.
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend18 September 2017
Good company for certain hours and for the money. However the management can be poor which tends to cause a lot of concern and negativity around the work place. Staff members are friendly and supportive however the management do not get the same support as their workers which again will cause issues. They act like a family and that's what the working area should be like.
Pros
friendly environment, good money, supportive
Cons
lack in hours.
Good company but very disappointing.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Wales15 September 2017
This is a good company with to many idiots thinking they are managers who have no clue on what the word "team" means and never put their team first. The manager I was under never did an open or a close shift, never covered anyone off sick, never even came in if we had no supervisors to run the shift and left the baristas to do it rather than disturb his day. Policies and procedures aren't lead by example from above so not sure how they expect the team to do things properly if the management aren't doing it right in the first place. Disappointing.

All in all good place to work but depending on the manager your under.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
No progression and pay rates aren't the same for everyone no matter what level you are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group UK & Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.