Communisis Employee Reviews

Lack of training and leadership
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 November 2017
It's difficult to comment on the training as there wasn't any! There was a clear lack of direction and leadership. Everyone is micromanaged and you have to account for every hour of your day. If you like your own freedom to be creative, productive and influence, develop and grow your team this isn't the company for you!
Pros
Good salary, team were great but downtrodden and demotivated
Cons
Poor Management, lack of training, untidy dirty office
It was a decent place to work.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Leeds22 August 2017
It was a decent place to work, money was good. Only problem was working for a agency. Wasn't always guaranteed work and would get told your shift was cancelled a lot.
Pros
Could pick your shifts
Cons
Wasn't always guaranteed work
Good workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 August 2017
Two shifts job,
Teamwork,
Good workplaceculture,
The hardest part of the job - evening shift finish at 23,
The most enjoyable part of the job - good solary
Pros
Only one breake
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 June 2017
I learned how to do jobs more quickly and affectively, jobs roles included:

- Stacking leaflets
- Cleaning
-Stock Rotation
- Responsible for making sure the machine was working to a satisfactory standard
- Responsible for liasing with colleagues
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Long Hours
Production operative
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 May 2017
No one in there speaks a word of English and they all talk in polish which is quite rude because you don't know what there talking about. Everyone in there takes themselves far too seriously. It's full of grasses and back stabbers trying to get a leg up. I wouldn't work there again. It's like ground hog day and everyone in there looks like a zombie.
Pros
Cons
Bad working environment full of rude people
Varied with exciting challenges
Operations Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Speke Liverpool14 January 2017
My role involved taking briefs from client services for transactional mailing campaigns which had to despatch by law on a set date. Asking probing questions to enable me to schedule a large campaign and identify the milestones from receipt of data and artwork to final despatch. Using the resources efficiently and using running speeds of 80% of the optimum and allowing for breaks and shift changeovers a realistic schedule was produced for customer approval. If the proposal was rejected there were other things I could use like running the campaign on a second machine for a night shift and put on overtime at week-ends subject to the customer agreeing to pay for the labour which I calculated and supplied to customer services. I learned that communication and flexibility were paramount in this industry and to always have a back-up plan to provide a solution to any unforeseen problem. Working closely with the Production Management team and briefing them verbally and in writing I was able to give them full details so they understood the task. The hardest part of the job was when the plan was not adhered to and I had to take remedial action to bring the campaign back on track. The rewarding part of the job was to see a campaign flow through the production process and complete on time and occasionally receive thanks form the customer we had delighted through a team effort.
Pros
Good facilities and a friendly working environment
Cons
Conflict from different changes occurring at one time which could undermine an agreed plan
Could have a laugh
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 June 2016
Communisis do train well and are a good company to work for. They do use a lot of agency staff which do not under stand our language so can be harder to work with. Management are fair. They did a lot of redundancies which is why I left.
Pros
fair working
Cons
Shifts
Communisis Day to Day
Account Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne15 April 2016
My duties included the print management for clients accounts with communisis, looking after their stock and ordering new print orders when required. offering advice to clients to either increase or decrease orders. sending weekly reports to clients with a remove of their stock for monitoring purposes. Also carrying out monthly invoicing for clients.
What i learned was how to be am account manager in the 10 months i was their what is required and to be number 1 in this customer service. Maintaining contact and having a great relationship with your clients is a must. Working with other team members learning from them utilising their knowledge of the business and to use this in your daily routine.
Hardest part of the job/role was the lack of training, none given, just sitting with someone to learn what they did for couple of hours, then they you go get on with it. so you have to effective teach yourself how to work in this environment and company.
I really enjoyed my time at communisis and it was a learning curve, i have no regrets about doing this job all.
Pros
great working life balance work and home as mon to fri 9 to 5
Cons
lack of training
Avoid this company !!!! Avoid this place !!!
Data processor / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh25 March 2016
I didnt enjoy working there at all !!!! I Was working as data processor administrator. The place is very chaotic. Training is very bad. People dont have time explaining you everything in details and are not very helpfull.Lots of gossip in the office. Management is bad as well. Very disorganised. You are not allowed to eat at your desk and you can only take one break.No chance for career progression. I would avoid this company !
Pros
I dont see any pros
Cons
Only one break
productive work place
Setter Operator (Former Employee) –  Lytham23 February 2016
I,am being made redundant on the 11th March
The management are very good
My co-workers are team players
There are no hard parts to the job
I have learned to be a team player

Want to know more about Communisis?

Ask a question
good company
Manual Worker (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays6 February 2016
my working day consists off working in front of a printing press when the stack of paper come the press i put onto pallets when at a certain height they had be wrapped and strapped to go to other parts of the company. I worked part of a team as there was four printing presses . two presses to a person. The most enjoyable part i got into health and safety i became a fire warden .
Pros
got to work at a great company
Not bad not great
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London29 September 2015
Enjoyed working with some colleagues - however very crowded and difficult to integrate with other teams, due to poor internal management. No benefits to the job either, which is disappointing.
Pros
Good technology
Cons
Poor management
Tuped out in to a company - no progression, no prospects
Business Intelligence Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawley23 July 2015
tuped out from Lloyds, very sad to leave there

Culture very different to LBG - didn't feel appreciated, made complaint about a member of staff to HR, no support given.
productive
print finishing operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG14 January 2015
you can learn all machines there is some good management there and there is some lovely people what work there
Pros
shifts
Cons
can be long hours
Great culture
Marketing Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Coventry28 November 2014
Really enjoyed working with this team. A real culture of teamwork and professionalism.
Fine workplace
Mailing operator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG2 November 2014
The job is easy and you can earn a lot of money, but it is night shift.
Good place to work with
Specialist Handling (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG20 August 2014
I was a week placement doing all sorts of stuff, Public Sector, HR, reception & Specialist Handling, but I love it and I'll work again as permanent. The staff are friendly and place is good.
Cons
Great people to work with
Site Support Co-ordinator & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle11 June 2014
Warm welcome on arrival nice people to work with, the phone always ringing. Deal with any problems customers may have.
Pros
Help yourself to tea and coffee all supplied
Not a good place
Print Technician (Former Employee) –  Crewe, ENG1 May 2014
Not a great place to work and would'nt work there ever again unless they sacked all the managers and all there family members ridding the incestuous bullying and spying that occured on an hourly basis
Pros
the pay
Cons
Lack of a brain amongst the managers
nice people
hp digital 5500 digital printer (Current Employee) –  manchester24 October 2013
A nice company to work for
excellent colleagues
latest print machines
forward thinking company
pension scheme
Pros
working conditions