Clarks Employee Reviews

Found working there uncomfortable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 November 2017
While working at Clarks I did feel like the staff were intimidating and demanding of the temporary staff which made the working environment very uncomfortable.

Also my timetable would constantly get changed before I had a chance to check meaning my hours were constantly muddled up and would result in me having to go home and then come back later in the day quite often.
Fast Paced but fun role
Trained Fitter (Current Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear2 November 2017
Working at Clarks can become very intensive and fast paced, especially when working on the Childrens department, during the 'Back to School' period. However this role is extremely rewarding and can be very fun if you are positive about working with members of the public and children.
Pros
33% discount, £7.5/hour even for junior sales assistants
Cons
very competitive with targets, working with small children
Busy Timber Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 October 2017
I've been the general manager of a busy timber company in central Bristol for 5 years.
The role is very busy, and very fulfilling. The branch is a division of a larger group.
My role encompasses running the sales office as well as operations and admin.
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire24 October 2017
Great company
In house training
Very brand focused
Lots of incentives
Great team and head office have a fantastic team who offer support to in store team.
Pros
Great people and company very brand focused
this was a productive and fun work placement
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Swindon20 October 2017
I enjoyed Clarks as the job and staff were excellent, if I could I would go back to work for them as I miss the staff, customers and the work. I would say this was my favourite job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
only 4 hour contract
fun work place
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 October 2017
Everyone can have a laugh with one another and also help each other out when it is needed especially by covering sifts. You learn how to effectively measure and fit children's shoes.
Good first job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 October 2017
This was my first job after leaving school. They were flexible with the shifts for the days I had college and the pay was good for a 17 year old that just left
good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 October 2017
good friendly place to work, however the management are not the most understanding. the hourly rate is good and changing hours is pretty easy to do so.
Pros
good staff
fast pace and challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 October 2017
as this was my first proper full time job i learnt alot and gained alot of basic and more advanced experience. i left due to me wanting a career change and to earn more money
clarks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton3 October 2017
clarks is excellent company to work for. They are excellent at training staff and the benefits are fab. Quality products accepting shoes. Very fast past job if not use to working at fast pace then Clarks isn't the company for you.

Want to know more about Clarks?

Ask a question
Love the team
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newquay1 October 2017
Became good friends with the team there and loved the environment created in store. You end up building great connections with the regulars and can have wonderful experiences with them.
Good training
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh1 October 2017
Worked at Clarks during the back to school period and absolutely loved my time there. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful. They provide incredible training for new starts on how to measure feet. Overall great place to work
The people are really nice just not a lot of money to be had with the hard work put in
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester Park, Greater London28 September 2017
I enjoy working at clarks all the people are nice. The manger can be a bit horrible sometimes by not giving breaks or keeping you much longer than your shift and not paying you for it.
Average retail job
Sales Assistant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southport27 September 2017
All the staff are very friendly. You have to have had previous experience in retail before working here as it is very sales driven. Sometimes you are told to try and sell an extra pair of shoes to customers so you have to have good customer and product knowledge.
Pros
30 %33 of shoes and 2 100% a year
depends on the day
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon26 September 2017
Some managers are not great.
Little room to move up within the company.
Hours are never guaranteed.
Christmas openings is one boxing day on one off.
Environment is friendly.
manager
Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire26 September 2017
the manager had his favourites. Bringing in his son to run the warehouse instead of promoting within. It was his way or no way never listened to anyone.
Ideal Part Time Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire25 September 2017
This is an ideal job for students as the hours are flexible and generous where you need them to be. You need to be friendly and have good communication skills as most customers value that as part of your service. Clarks send you on a trained fitter course once you start working there, which allows you to pretty much work at any of their branches once you're fully trained. Your work shoes are free and you are required to change them seasonally, which is a great perk.

My only 'con' is that it gets incredibly busy during the back to school period so that can be a daunting time to start your employment with Clarks.
Pros
Friendly staff, Fantastic Discount, Ideal for Students
Cheerful and motivational
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands25 September 2017
The job requires so much patience, change of tactics and in general through communication but staff are friendly and happy to help always. I simply started as a stock assistant and now I am a multi skilled individual who can work whatever role is required of me
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Sometimes fail to meet required hours
Worst Company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire24 September 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for the only benefit is free shoes, all management stick together so if one is in the wrong another will back it up. No point in even trying to complain about the lack of or no management.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
worst job, No management skills at all.
Not a bad place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chester24 September 2017
Not a bad place to work however there is far too much pressure applied to sales staff to attain targets where sales targets are sometimes achieved to the detriment of the customer
Pros
No comment
Cons
Limited breaks and no commission paid to sales staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.