Clarks

Clarks Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGMarch 30, 2014
Pros: always learning
Cons: short hours
Typical day at Clarks would be fitting shoes for children and fetching shoes for customers helping adults with fitting shoes aswell. I learned how to fit shoes and what shoes to recommend, organized the shoes in the stockroom. Management are brilliant and friendly, if you needed a second opinion on a shoe fitting they would help you by showing you. – more... My co-workers were great to get along with friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working out the books with what you sold that day. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team and meeting customers. – less
hard working work place
Customer service assistant Based in a busy shop (Former Employee), thameMarch 15, 2014
Didn't enjoy the job the team was hard working and nice but management set too high targets for a new employee
busy shop
Team leader (Former Employee), woolwichMarch 5, 2014
during my time working for clarks I got made to life heavy boxes that have resulted in bad back pain my boss would constantly have days off and leave me to run the shop many members of staff have got injurys due to the job. its not a good place to work if u have a opnion about you get bullied
Brilliant place to work
Trained Shoe Fitter (Current Employee), NorwichFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: set wage
Cons: small hours
Clarks shoe shop is a fun place to work. Other members of stuff are friendly and nice to be around. Set wage even if you're under 18!
A typical day at work would consist of serving children, measuring and fitting their feet, going into the stockroom and find a good shoe for the individuals size and foot shape, unpacking deliveries and putting away in – more... to stock room, speaking on the phone and answering any direct inquiries customers may have. – less
Rushed environment but friendly team
sales team member (Former Employee), Marble Arch Station, ENGFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: rushed
At Clark's I would normally help the customers with finding the shoe they wanted, I would then go to the stock room and look for the shoes they customer wants and try to find the right size and colour, however as a use of initiative if there wasn't any in the right colour I would still bring out the similar shoe in case the customer may want it. Also – more... in the last hour of my shift I would sort out my section in the stock roomby size, colour and fit.

The hardest part of the job was that because I worked during the Christmas period everything was rushed and a lot of the shoes that customers wanted weren't in the right colour or size. Even so I still would check in the stockroom mainly having to use the ladder.

I did enjoy working there as I did learn new things and I enjoyed working with the team as they were all very nice and friendly. – less
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 13, 2014
it is fun and there are good people to work with and it is an enjoyable experience to help customers. i learned more about team work and how to communicate with others well.
Clarks
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Longwell Green, ENGFebruary 11, 2014
I worked in Clarks in Longwell Green.
My responsibilities were being a sales assistant, duties included cash handling, fitting children's shoes correctly( I was on the children's department). Whilst I was there I completed an Clarks fitting service training course. I really enjoyed communicating with the customers and their children. I have learnt how – more... to communicate with various age groups which helps me carry out a good customer service. – less
Temporary summer job
Children's shoe fitter (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGFebruary 3, 2014
Really loved this job, wish i could of stayed there! Everyone was really friendly and left you to get on with your job but knew if you needed help they was there.
Lots of experience and enjoyable
sales assistant (Former Employee), Norwich, ENG 12-14 Brigg Street, NR2 1QNJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low wage
Working at Clarks had a positive feel within the working environment because the colleagues were always willing to help each other work towards their daily goals.

I learned that working in the retail business demanded top communication skills to ensure the customer felt comfortable with their choice of purchase. Eye contact, friendly gestures and listening – more... carefully were vital though most do over look these things.

The management was good, there were never any issues with shift availability and staff suggestions were always taken on board.

The most difficult tasks of the job came mostly when the store had a sale on and customers would usually flood the shop. Therefore, we had to keep on our toes making sure we had spent an efficient amount of time with each customer.

The best part of the job was when you have acquired your goals through those busy days by working hard. – less
enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant Clarks (Current Employee), BirkenheadJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough hours
While working at Clark's I deal with customers on a daily basis, I assist customers with their orders and enquiries. This role involves being hands on with the customers and taking measurements of feet in order to ensure they obtain the correct product and are satisfied with their purchases. This role also involves cash handling and stock replenishment, – more... as well as dealing with our daily deliveries.I am able to work well with my work colleagues and also working alone using my own initiative. – less
Fun work place
Childrens shoe fitter (Former Employee), Trafford CentreJanuary 17, 2014
Clarks was a great job it was very competitive and hard working you never had a dull day ever! you were always on the go.
Productive, Interactive
Retail assistant (Former Employee), Bury, ENGJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: a lot of interaction with public
Cons: poor hours
I enjoyed working at clarks the time that i did, it helped me to gain confidence and conversational skills. I learnt other skills like how to stock take and sell product productively.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), westfield stratford LondonJanuary 9, 2014
it was a good experience as my co workers were really polite and professional. the hardest part of my job was dealing with customers as some of them can come out to be really rude but we still have to remain professional as we don't want to loose customers.
Not great.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), oldhamJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: having 75% off work shoes
Cons: having a main manger who was power struck
A typical day at work:
I worked a saturday shift and picked up some more shifts during the week. I had a daily target I would need to meet to bring in income and profit. I would measure customers feet to get the right fitting and then check the stock to see if we had the size in. I had to try and sell additional products to go with a certain item i.e – more... brown polish to go with brown leather boots. If I made a sale I would direct the customer to the till where I would have to put the sale through under my log in(this was so I met my target).

What did you learn:
I learnt how to measure feet and provide the right fitted shoe.
I learnt about which shoe polish to use on which shoes.
I learnt how to stock take.

Management:
The shop only had two managers as it was a small branch. Usually only one manger would be in at one time.If there was both managers in, it meant we were forcasted to be busy or we had a audit.

Your co-workers:
My co-workers seemed to keep to themseleves, the team wasn't very close.

The hardest part of the job:
Was keeping on the look out for thieves. If the shop was full because there was a sale on, members of staff would be rushed off their feet. We didn't have a security guard, therefore some accessories; such as bags and purses would go missing from shelves.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Helping customers with their childrens first shoe experience. This is where parents would bring their little ones in to have their feet measured and have their first Clarks shoes. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 3, 2013
* Customer facing and interaction that helped to develop communication skills.

* Various retails tasks such as including till operation and stock taking and Merchandising.

* Consolidated the importance of customer care and the specific requirements of each individual

customer.

* Learnt the importance of branding and brand communication.
Love it
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), brightonNovember 26, 2013
Started working on Weekends now i'm doing over time everyweek, Have been at Clarks for 4 years, Love the people and a busy place when weekends, sales and festive periods to keep you moving.
Good work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeside Shopping Centre, ENGNovember 25, 2013
Pros: met new people
Cons: difficult customers
I would come in and then greet customers and help them with shoes they wanted and call them down from stock room and i learned how to use my knowledge to get them a second pair. the management was really friendly and kind and co workers were welcoming and friendly, hardest part was dealing with rude customers and most enjoyable part of the job was working – more... in kids sections and measuring feet and making sure they got right sized shoe. – less
productive, condifedent building work
assistant sales (Former Employee), merry hillOctober 28, 2013
Pros: enjoying conversations with customers
Cons: mixed shifts
when i first arrived at work i would have a brief off one of the mangers to talk about the target set for us to reach up to those sales and how we could reach our target and possibly more. Whilst at Clarks i had a training course in shoe fitting and measuring this was a fun and enlightening experience to learn about. i enjoyed making conversation with – more... my co-workers and the customers to create more of a enjoyable sale and more of a fun experience working there. – less
motivational and rewarding
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Liverpool, ENGSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: commission and hourly salary
Cons: not enough hours
I have worked for Clarks in Liverpool for over a year, and have enjoyed every moment. The staff are exceptionally nice, and the company has great rewards for people who put the effort into working.
welcoming
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 16, 2013
this was for my work experience while in school,but for it being my first ever experience of work life every one was great and welcoming and they helped me learn alot,i really felt like one of the actua people at work becuase i done the same jobs and this helped me realise what work life was like.

this was based in oxford street so as you can imagine – more... it does get busy. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Clarks

C. and J. Clark International Ltd, trading as Clarks, is a British, international shoe manufacturer and retailer based in Street, – Read more

Clarks Photos