CITY FACILITIES MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Great company
Asda Ace (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire6 December 2017
Great company to work for have enjoyed my time their family orientated.always try and help you. It's a great store and great people to work with. We're all a team
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Not enough hours
A stable minimum, wage part time job
Asda Ace (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire30 November 2017
I worked in two stints for a total of 6 1/2 years.

Second year in due to hours being cut I relocated to another store, which I returned back from 6 months later.

Subsequent yearly reviews meant further hours lost and the introduction of MicroFibre.

Good parts about the job being, it is a guaranteed job (due to long company contracts with the store) with stable hours and pay every fortnight, and the people you work with are lovely on the whole.

Bad points being, the yearly potential hours / job cuts, and people being lazy at doing their jobs are not challenged to improve by their manager.

Little to no chance of progression in the company.

Managers don't last very long.

Also the employee benefits scheme, although recently improved is still poor and not appropriate for people on such low income.

As one manager said, it's not a living wage but you've always got a job. But year on year, how many hours a week you will have could vary.
Pros
A stable job, regular hours and pay every two weeks.
Cons
Minimum wage, poor benefits, no chance of progression in the company
A stable minimum, wage part time job
Asda Ace (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire30 November 2017
I worked in two stints for a total of 6 1/2 years.

Little to no chance of progression in the company.

Pros
A stable job, regular hours and pay every two weeks.
Cons
Minimum wage, poor benefits, no chance of progression in the company
Not a good place to work anymore
Evening cleaning supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 October 2017
City was once a great company to work for but it has slowly gone downhill over the past 5 years, hours are cut every February but jobs are added on, consequently people need a second job to survive but are then still expected to cover shifts regardless of circumstances. The microfibre cleaning which is basically cleaning with water is not sufficient in most areas ie toilets fresh areas ! The managers and supervisors do the best they can do under bad circumstances. I would only apply for city facilities if you don't mind having a 16 hour contract but working 40 and you don't mind having no life outside work due to phone calls to come in on the rare days off you get.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Losing hours but adding jobs on
Stable job
warehouse hygiene (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire1 October 2017
This company is good for someone who has been out of work for a while as a stepping stone to further employment, A learnt alot from the management there
Pros
8 hours shifts, part time Hours
Call centre based office
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rutherglen, Glasgow26 September 2017
I worked here for about 9 months. Call centre based office. Worked with friendly people and the office environment was good also. I enjoyed my time here.
Poor management and worked overly hard due to lack of staff
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire18 September 2017
I have been with this company a little over a year. I have seen multiple people leave due to the same reason (management).

Lying in this workplace is common and nothing is done about it. Times and times again the morning supervisor has been caught doing nothing and lying about what he does with no backlash from the manager or area manager when brought up.

Due to severe lack of staff,we where all driven to work harder and has been like this for a little over 6 month.

Manager has no problem shouting at you or having a go at you for failing to do everything given on your list (even if you have humanly no time which you won't).

No career path as well, not any benefits.

If you come here, expect to be treated like garbage and having to put up with garbage.
Pros
It pays, that's it.
Cons
Bad management, over worked, no career path, discrimination
Nice place to work
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire13 September 2017
Cleaning the shop floor .I leard how to clean to a good standard.The manaement are good to work for.Work culture is good.The job is not to difficult.The staff are nice to me
Pros
Good company
Cons
Not enough full time work
Good to work for
Cleaner/ Cleaning team leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 September 2017
Good to work for mostly part time hours contracts. Possibility of progression into management roles. Fun to work fun. Quite a easy jobs with simple targets to meet.
City FM
Helpdesk Operator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow11 August 2017
City is a good company to work for. They offer secure employment. The pay isnt very good compared to similar offices in Glasgow. If the company paid more money they would retain staff and the service would be better to the customers.
Pros
Subsidised canteen. Free parking. Secure employment.
Cons
The pay isnt very good.
Poor management
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire10 August 2017
I worked for city for a year and in all that time i seen my manager twice wages was wrong 4 times superviser did nothing I learnt to use floor cleaner
Pros
Hours
good company with benefits
MCT (Former Employee) –  northwest9 August 2017
good company benefits - company vehicle, sick pay, phone.
no problems with pay each month, and if there is, its rectified straight away.
manager is always available to talk to, regular meetings when necessary.
sometimes the work load can be a lot but if youre struggling, you can always re-evaluate what needs to be done and change rota slightly.
Hardest part of the job is the early morning starts. most enjoyable part is seeing work you have completed and the appreciation from higher managers than yourself.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
lots of driving
interesting
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Slough28 July 2017
something new, but learned soon, use of different chemicals, management was good, the hardest part was learning to use the big floor machine but I did it , team work was good
Company Review
N/A (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 July 2017
I've worked for City for 10+ years. It's a very customer focused environment; especially within my department. There is very little to no progression opportunities.
If you are young and have limited financial responsibilities or a partner with a well paid job - you will be happy and comfortable here.
Pros
subsidised lunches, full canteen, free bar Christmas party, dress down Friday and Weekends
Cons
inconsistent management, lack of passion for their people, no progression opportunities
Worst company to work for
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria6 July 2017
I just recently resigned as a cleaner after been owed 300 pound for about 5 weeks dreadful management sat about doing nowt.

Has got to be the most poorly ran company in the uk hope it goes bust.
Pros
Nothing at all
Never again
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 June 2017
Worked as a cleaner in a store since January and handed in my notice today. Horrible management who treat employees like you are nothing to be honest (in this store at least). You are expected to cover any shift they want you too and revoke your holidays if they need any of you when they decide.
This past month 3 cleaners have left/ are leaving and also a team leader. The salary is not worth the job you are doing at all.
Simply speaking you are nothing worth as a cleaner for them.
Cons
Horrible pay for the work you are putting in.
janitor
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wigan11 June 2017
Flexible working hours to suit all family situations easy going people to work with hours as and when needed shift changes if needed understanding management
so so pretty hum drum realy
Asda Ace (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire11 June 2017
compared to other cleaning companies ive worked for i wouldnt say this was 1 of the best.for example i was always over looked for higher positions becuase of favouritism even the tho i was more qualified than most,i enjoyed the job when i was left to get on with it.
Pros
dont recall there being any
Cons
N/a
Lonely and over worked
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds24 May 2017
Only got shown the once how to use different cleaning electric items and it was in a group and the paperwork for the different types of cleaning keep.
Pros
Cons
Health and safety, disabilities
Enjoyable Stepping Stone
Store Cleaning Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands14 May 2017
It is a good company but not forever. You can learn a lot, but progression levels off due to the bottleneck nature of the company. It was enjoyable, but a change of direction was required for me personally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY FACILITIES MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9