CITB Employee Reviews

Organisations aims and objectives were declared and obvious well run workplace with relaxed work atmosphere
Technical Author HSE publications (Former Employee) –  Working from Home17 May 2017
I was part of a well briefed well run cooperative team who knew their own role and objectives and that of the team which enabled each member of the team to work as an individual within and as part of the team and to assist advise and guide each other and other teams in a cooperative collaborative manner
Pros
Friendly atmosphere without internal competition or friction
Cons
nil
No additional info
Customer Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire27 February 2017
I do not want to comment on my time AT CITB, this box is completely pointless and not something I wish to be part of.

I learned nothing, management was rubbish, culture was rubbish, the job was rubbish
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk5 February 2017
I love working there but I need a job closer to home. And a more permanent role. Just having 3 months short contract is not enough job security for me
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long drive home
Money and benefits are good but you get treated like you are at school
Customer co ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bircham Newton12 January 2017
The job itself was fine. Staff are very clicky so its hard to make friends there. Everyone Slags Everyone off. None of the managers tell you the same thing. You get treated like you are at school. No one is allowed to talk face to face but you get told off for using communicator. They time how long you are in the toilet for and you are only allowed a break if you smoke
Pros
Free Lunch and use of the gym
Cons
Treated very bad
Productive and welcoming place to work
Customer Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bircham Newton10 November 2016
This jobs primary activities involved communicating with apprenticeship providers and investigating information for unfinished applications for apprenticeship loans.
Pros
Free Lunches, decent lunch break
Vibrant and enjoyable team.
Customer Coordinator/ UX Interface designer (Current Employee) –  Bircham Newton28 April 2016
A great place to work with many perks including swimming pool, free lunch etc.
Very understanding organisation and willing to help staff progress and develop.
Pros
Strong Work place values.
Cons
n/a
Behind the Times
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bircham Newton13 April 2016
I always enjoyed my work, but once your face does not fit, there is only one way to go!!! Leave. Working in the classroom environment and in the field can be very enjoyable and very rewarding to see young students learning a trade. But the old rule still exists, This is the way we have always done it ! don't swim against the current, Totally out of touch with what is happening on site, Favoritism is rife, like I said before, if your face fits great, if not get out quick.
Pros
Very good team members who are prepaired to go out of there way to help.
Cons
Facilities are out of date, untidy classrooms, some plant in use should be scrapped.
rewarding and fun job
Contract/Project Management (Current Employee) –  National3 April 2016
A typical day is managing, monitoring and reviewing the performance, quality and compliance of subcontractors external and internal to the organisation, and for verifying and reviewing the compliance and quality of the Delivery Team, and Processing Teams internal to the business for delivery of the contract to required standards. I have learnt a lot of skills, dealing with people at all levels, providing support, mentoring, coaching and delivery of contracts/Projects management. Management is really helpful and supportive and co-worker are really fun to work with. the hardest part of job is travelling across England wales and Scotland. the most enjoyable part of job is helping and supporting clients, colleagues and seeing them achieve their goals.
Pros
flexbility
Cons
travelling
Change is continuous and not always for the best.
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Bircham Newton31 January 2016
Having worked here for a number of years its difficult to say whether there are any merits to the new round of restructure. It does seem to be familiar faces in similar sounding jobs and good people leaving. No security and no real development, unless your face fits. Such a shame. On the plus side there are some fantastic people who work here with great facilities, a gym and swimming pool which i use regularly. the flexible approach some areas have to their working day is very useful to fit in with family life. Take note though that is very dependent on your area of the business and your manager.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Change, again, again, again and it stays the same with poor management
Big Changes
Product Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  PE31 6RH7 October 2015
CITB is changing fast and the jury is out whether this will be for the better. Management certainly needed a refresh and this is happening
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Difficult to get things done
Traning
Portland Traning Company (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ENG8 July 2015
training course to gain CSCS card to find work as a cleaner or a labrour, traveling to and from training, my co - worker are good
nice place and interesting job
Catering (Former Employee) –  Great Bircham, ENG8 March 2015
enjoyed this very much as there was a large variety of different tasks and lots of other people working there too witch made it a nice friendly work enviroment
not the job it once was!
Scaffolding Training instructor (Current Employee) –  Bircham1 April 2014
changes getting made at management level with no construction experience, now a money grabbing over, charging company who have forgotten their roots!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Challenging/Productive Place of Work
Apprenticeships Officer (CITB) (Former Employee) –  London27 February 2014
A Typical day at work would be:
To carry out Individual apprenticeships progress reviews.

What I Learned:
How to manage Apprenticeships case load (Case load up to 85)
Apprenticeships sign up's,
Enhancement in customer services skills,
Completing Health & Safety Checks on Employers,
Carrying out Diagnostic testing in Maths & English.

Management:
How to manage a Case Load of up to 85 Apprentices.

Your Co-Workers:
Working within a team of 10.
Apprenticeships officers,
Funding Advisers, and Area Manager.

The Hardest part of the Job:
Meeting weekly targets.

The Most Enjoyable part of the Job:
Working as a Team, and Delivering a Service to a Diverse range of Apprentices within Construction.
Pros
Bonus on achieving yearly Targets.
Cons
Long Hours
Fast paced working environment
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bircham Newton18 February 2013
I really enjoyed working for CITB, unfortunately it was only a fixed term contract.
There were opportunities to apply for my role of Customer Coordinator, however, the job was advertised externally and internally at the same time. As it was a point score system and you had to prove your self on the interview, I did not succeed and was given a generic answer of not being in depth on the job role. I did however mention that I had been employed there 10 months prior to applying for my job and that I had positive feed back from my supervisor regarding skills and competencies. I also felt that those, including myself on temporary contracts were not given the chance to accept a permanent contract on the basis of good time keeping, absence and competence.
Over all I feel that there is much improvement needed to bring the business into the 21st Century.
Pros
free lunch and site facilities eg swimming
Cons
dated procedures within the business