Central College Nottingham Employee Reviews

Disolved
Admissions (Current Employee) –  maid marian way13 August 2017
Working for Central College used to be a great place to work for. Plenty of job prospects, very flexible with good management team. However with the merge with another college I am unable to make any comments at this moment.
A steady place to work
Admissions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire7 August 2017
A good place to work if you don't mind sticking in the same role for as long as you stay with the company, Rewarding being able to help people achieve their potential. Management structure could do with a shake up, lacks dynamism.
Friendly workplace
Teaching Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 May 2017
It was a friendly and nice place to work. I learned how the application and introduction process was handled. The managers were friendly and got on well with other members of staff
A place to learn
Teaching and Learning coach (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire12 March 2017
I learned many new skills working there starting as an unqualified teacher and ending as a Teaching and Learning Coach on a management pay scale.

The work life balance that is required of being a lecturer or manager there is very demanding with unrealistic expectations of staff's working hours.
Pros
Training proided
Cons
really great and tutors are really nice
Vehicle technician, mechanic or electrician (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, UK18 January 2017
was really great enjoyed every part of the college
I learned a lot from the tutors and they were very helpful in making us pass the course
the managers were great and really helpful
the other students were very helpful and were good candidates to work beside
the hardest part in the job was the mot tests
the part I enjoyed most was working with the cars and completing tasks
Learn more, develop a whole new skillset
Graphic Design Assistant (Work placement) (Current Employee) –  Ruddington5 March 2016
It was fun to work there and I enjoyed my time there from start to finish. Working on projects such as posters, leaflets and flyers. It was definitely a place where I would recommend working.
Life Long Learning Skills
Sessional First Aid Tutor (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG30 October 2015
As a community tutor on a sessional contract the work load is variable, the students are from various backgrounds, for some English is their second language. This when teaching a practical based subject such as First Aid, can require a tutor to think on their feet and adapt their teaching style to suit the student.
Pros
Rate of pay and pension
Cons
Unknown work load
FE is being slowly squeezed between school and university
Curriculum Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG12 September 2013
Every day has a different challenge
Teaching 16-19 yo is part of the job
Staff work hard but get good pay and benefits
Pros
Holidays
Cons

Want to know more about Central College Nottingham?

Ask a question