Centra Health Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist III (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA10 December 2017
Good place to work. I was able to telework in my job. Typical day was 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 5 days per week and worked 1 weekend per month. Very fair supervisor. Especially appreciated her working out a schedule with me when my mother who was dying was living with me and I was taking care of her. I would definitely work for this company again.
Poor Management
Staff RN-ER (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA24 November 2017
Top heavy administrative staff with seemingly little regard for the staff. This was a very challenging position in which I was faced with blatant racism and disrespect.
This staff position taught me the type of manager that I will not become.
Well balanced work place
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA18 November 2017
Centra Health is multicultural company. With our great dedication and team work we achieved great patient appreciation. Great management. Good employee benefits makes enjoyable to work in busy, fast piece work environment.
Pros
Good management and team work
Cons
n/a
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA9 November 2017
I would not recommend working as a aid in the kitchen due to poor management and not knowing how to communicate with one another. Lack of skills and poor teamwork
Great organization to work for!
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA8 November 2017
I have been with Centra for the past 6 years and have little to no complaints. Competitive wages and respectful management. Stressful due to the lack of staffing sometimes but everyone steps up and acts as a team to get through it.
its ok
Information Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA2 November 2017
its OK to work at Centra, there are some very intelligent and knowledgeable people there but there are also some people there that should not be and it is extremely over looked.
Nice place to work but very busy
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA2 November 2017
The hardest part of day is the morning trying to get patient scheduled and getting out of office.
Management is very fair but some times felt like upper management did not take problems to heart
Pros
flexable work sch
Cons
To much work in one day
Fun and happy place to work.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA 2450230 October 2017
Typical day at work is going into patients rooms to wake them up and get blood pressures. Get them ready for breakfast. After breakfast give baths. The management was ok. Hardest part of my job was watching patients take their last breath and tag and bag to take to the morgue. The most enjoyable part of my job was listening to the patients and talking to them. It was so joyful to hear them talk about their childhood up to the present time. Giving hugs when needed.
My experience with Centra
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VA25 October 2017
I absolutely loved working for Centra and I loved being able to help patients and staff in anyway I could. I would have continued to work there because they were like family to me. I miss them.
Pros
Great opportunties
Cons
Not enough one on one training before you are let go on your own
very nice place.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA18 October 2017
I loved working there. I learned about Physical therapy and much more then just being a CNA. Very nice Co-Workers. Loved the patients and the enviroment.

Want to know more about Centra Health?

Ask a question
My department was excellent to work for.
Tier III Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA9 October 2017
With the position I had I was able to work remotely.

A typical day was very busy keeping up with the requirements of the position I held.

My direct supervisor was excellent to work for. Very positive, easy to talk to if you had a question. Very understanding if you needed to adjust your work schedule.

Unfortunately upper management made decision to outsource our entire department.
Pros
With the job I had was able to work remotely at home.
Cons
Entire department was outsourced.
POOR POOR Compensation
RN III (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA30 September 2017
Worked for Centra for 7 years, no opportunity for advancement . Poor pay, the lowest in the region, as a RN working in the hospital, you only get 35 cents raise after your performance evaluation with ( Meets Expectation rating). Most of their RN's are going to Carilion/ Lewis Gale just 45 mins drive away and makes up to $5 more hourly. Upper management need to look into this. Am happy I left this hospital and happier now with my current job
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Manager favoritism, Bad Pay, lack of shared governance
Good benefits, competitive pay
MOA II (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA19 September 2017
Centra is a good company to work for if you are looking for a hospital setting job. If you are looking for an office setting there is no weekends or holidays but pay is not great.
Centra
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA15 September 2017
I love my job at Centra but am looking to relocate. I don't feel there is much room for advancement here unless you are a nurse or other licensed professional.
Pros
decent benefits package
Cons
no room for advacnement unless licensed or hold a degree
contract work for short period
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL5 September 2017
Nice company, not with them very long. I was with a local hospital for short-term contract of four weeks. Not long enough to have a really good impression of the contract company.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
A large health-care system
Medical Office Associate II (Current Employee) –  Altavista, VA27 August 2017
I enjoy the patients that I encounter on a daily basis as well as my co-workers. There is a very good team atmosphere but there are times where we are pulled a little too thin.
Poor acute care mangement
RN II (Former Employee) –  lynchburg va24 August 2017
Acute care management has some left-field Drexel online master's degree which was the only thing that qualified them for the position. Played games with staff like highschool. Poorly done and unprofessional. Lowest nurse pay in the Commonwealth and that's a proven fact. Pay is not worth being managed by incompetence.
What I learned
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FL23 August 2017
Healthcare staffing is a very competitive and challenging and career. My position at Centra has been a fulfilling and rewarding career opportunity. I have enjoyed my time while working at Centra Healthcare
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unpredictability
More computer learning needed before entering workplace
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA18 August 2017
Stresfull unit at facility with residents with many behaviorial issues. Hard to get all the things necessary done on time to leave at a reasonable hour. Not enough computer training prior to employment on the unit. Poor communucation between unit managers and nurses.
Pros
Good people that work there
Cons
Some odd people that work there also
Excellent Care Every Time
RN III- Birth Center (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA31 July 2017
Centra provides an environment focused to attention to detail, individualized care, and allowing patients to experience the best care in times of needs. Centra values employees, continuing education, and workplace environment.