Centra Health Employee Reviews

old vs new
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA12 February 2018
There comes a point and time when experience should count for something. New is more valued over old. Constant drama. If you are not part of a group outside of work you do not fit in. Punished for speaking up.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
constant drama
Interesting
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA11 February 2018
It was a good place to learn how to do the job, however it is disorganized. They definitely are in a shortage all around the hospital, not just with the nurses but the office staff as well.
Pretty Good company for the most part
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA7 February 2018
I worked for the company for about a year all was good for the most part great Co workers with your typical drama but that is every where you go. But the only thing I have to complain about is the Managing Director of Security is very incompetent in his abilities to run an effective department.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, food.
busy work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA1 February 2018
I was concern most of the time about the contact issue. Someone come on the floor daily with a contact issue and sometime the family wasn't so friendly
Pros
loot or hour time
Cons
bad scheduling
Poor managment
Nutrition Call agent (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA29 January 2018
I work as a nutrition aid. The management is awful. The scheduling is ridiculous. The only good thing is my co-workers who all feel the same way. There is absolutely no way to move up unless you are part of a family. They don't work too well with you. If you're sick, even if I'm the hospital on your death bed, it is counted against you - unless you're a supervisor. It can be stressful because no matter what happens, it's always our offices fault when it 9 times out of 10 is not.
Pros
Free $6 in cafe
Fast pace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA28 January 2018
Always keep copies of any agreement made with management or other employees.
Always be on time and kind to residents.
When necessary go in pairs in a room with rude residents.
Good experience
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  VA16 January 2018
Good team members, competitive products, company has huge potentials.Great co-workers, we have a healthy team environment. Excellent discounts for staff. Easy to get time off. We have great departmental managers, very approachable.
This is where I learned how to be a nurse
LPN Skilled Care Unit at Virginia Baptist Hospital (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA4 January 2018
Hospice and palliative care. Management was great. Could be very depressing at times but at the same time rewarding.
I had excellent nurse training in this position which molded me into the nurse that I am today. I had to leave this position d/t not having enough hours and not getting paid. Also working 3rd shift was tough.
Pros
Being able to make a patient comfortable and making an impact on their life before passing.
Cons
Working 3rd shift.
Love helping people
ED Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA4 January 2018
It is a fun fast paced environment. You learn a lot working there and if you continuing your education in the medical field it helps you a lot. The hardest part of working there is that it can get overwhelmed at times and you could sometime work through your break. the most enjoyable part of the job was just helping people and knowing that some really appreciate what we do.
Centra Health is a good company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA27 December 2017
Overall, Centra Health is a great company to work for. The benefits are good, the pay is decent, it is organized, and the CEO keeps the employees up to date on matters. Most people look for perfection at a work place. No where is perfect, but I can say I have worked for several companies and Centra Health is the best.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Hours, PTO time, etc.
Cons
If the census is low, you may get called off “not needed” and be forced go use PTO or not get paid for those hours.
Great managers.
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA16 December 2017
Transcription was done at home the last year and a half so that was great. Before that, at the hospital, had a great manager and great co-workers. Monitor tech was 12 hours a shift and it was a new position for me. Manager did not think I was a good fit for the job, but she was really nice and tried to find me something on the unit, but there were no office positions, only CNA positions so was let go. She offered a reference if I needed it. Good place to work.
Pros
Good managers, more time off the longer you work there.
Cons
Pay was lower than average.
Good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist III (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA10 December 2017
Good place to work. I was able to telework in my job. Typical day was 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 5 days per week and worked 1 weekend per month. Very fair supervisor. Especially appreciated her working out a schedule with me when my mother who was dying was living with me and I was taking care of her. I would definitely work for this company again.
Poor Management
Staff RN-ER (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA24 November 2017
Top heavy administrative staff with seemingly little regard for the staff. This was a very challenging position in which I was faced with blatant racism and disrespect.
This staff position taught me the type of manager that I will not become.
Well balanced work place
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA18 November 2017
Centra Health is multicultural company. With our great dedication and team work we achieved great patient appreciation. Great management. Good employee benefits makes enjoyable to work in busy, fast piece work environment.
Pros
Good management and team work
Cons
n/a
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA9 November 2017
I would not recommend working as a aid in the kitchen due to poor management and not knowing how to communicate with one another. Lack of skills and poor teamwork
Great organization to work for!
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA8 November 2017
I have been with Centra for the past 6 years and have little to no complaints. Competitive wages and respectful management. Stressful due to the lack of staffing sometimes but everyone steps up and acts as a team to get through it.
Fast paced work
Centra Health Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA6 November 2017
Very face paced evening, this was a part-time job. Learned lots of different types of people. The management was very kind and understanding of the patients and staff. Very good team work. Hardest part of the job was when someone passed away. The enjoyable part of the job was that most patients appreciated what you done for them.
Pros
Very good staff from top to bottom
Cons
Need more staff
its ok
Information Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA2 November 2017
its OK to work at Centra, there are some very intelligent and knowledgeable people there but there are also some people there that should not be and it is extremely over looked.
Nice place to work but very busy
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA2 November 2017
The hardest part of day is the morning trying to get patient scheduled and getting out of office.
Management is very fair but some times felt like upper management did not take problems to heart
Pros
flexable work sch
Cons
To much work in one day
Fun and happy place to work.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA 2450230 October 2017
Typical day at work is going into patients rooms to wake them up and get blood pressures. Get them ready for breakfast. After breakfast give baths. The management was ok. Hardest part of my job was watching patients take their last breath and tag and bag to take to the morgue. The most enjoyable part of my job was listening to the patients and talking to them. It was so joyful to hear them talk about their childhood up to the present time. Giving hugs when needed.