Celtic Royal Hotel Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not recommended
Chef (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon11 May 2017
This is a 'let's work the staff as much as we can' company. If you do your job without complaints and without asking for your holiday right for example you will do very good, but if you have a problem and ask for a day off you have problems, if you ask for holiday apart from Jan Feb Oct Nov you have problems again. Management constantly bully staff and what ever they do to you they will be backed up by the others managers. When I resigned they start making my life hard, didn't paid all the hours they own me and give me a horrible reference that didn't reflect my job and the position I had in the hotel, plus I was told that ' we will send how you do in the new work place cause I know the owners' that sounded a lot like a treat.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Everything that you will consider bad in a job is there
fun workplace
Chef (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon, Gwynedd18 March 2017
-check dutty list on the day and start the job
-start service
-cleaning
It's a nice place to start in kitchen a career like a chef, you will learn a lot of new things about cooking, about the food safety, about the igiene in food preparation.
The hard part of the job is to prepare everything on time, before service(during service you will not have time if it's busy)
Time of service, that if you like your job
Busy and intresting place to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon, WLS12 July 2015
Prepare everything necessary for the night serves.Making orders and receiving deliveries.I learned to work under the pressure and work in the team work.The most enjoyable part was satisfied customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Holidays in summer
Poor all-rounder
Spa and Leisure assistant (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon, WLS4 July 2015
Poor management

Poor communications

Poor training

Lack of respect shown to employees

Poor contract terms, which anyhow, are not adhered to by management!
*****Avoid***** read this!!*****
Slave Labourer. (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon8 August 2014
Absolutely unproffesional and appaling Management. No written or verbal warnings given just instant dismissal. Some of the staff are ok mostly eastern european and to be honest thats all the celtic hotel are interested in Mininum wage workers.. They just put an advertisement up to feel sorry for the local lot. Got a dismissal for something I did not do. They are "cleaning Fusspots "
Expect to clean the same thing at least 3-4 times per shift.

YOU WILL BE BACKSTABBED!!.
AND YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE DIRT.
THEY CARE FOR ONLY THEMSELVES.
NO CONSCIENCE. NO MERCY.
Pros
To be demolished would be a pro.
Cons
Management.
Short Term
Staff (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon29 May 2014
The hotel is well run by the duty mangers, manger and the owners.
A typical days work is in shifts, depending on your job you could be doing straight 8 hour shifts or doing split shift 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours for dinner time.
The hardest part of the job is that the hotel is open all year round and is very busy during the Christmas and New Years and staff are required to work a far few hours over these periods.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the residents whom stay at the hotel.
The staff are all hard working and the majority are eastern Europeans but are all very friendly and pleasant to work with.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner is available at certain time slots
Cons
They expect a lot from every single staff member resulting with a high staff turnover rate.
interesting workplace
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon, WLS10 September 2013
typical day at work is serving customers, assisting guests with their requests such as luggage, room service, and many other services like set up wedding, bar duties.I learned to deal with people. Management nice, professional and well organized. My collegues were friendly and fun to work with them.
Pros
free luch, dinner
Cons
no free time
Productive and fun
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Caernarfon, WLS24 July 2013
I learn here the diplomacy,a typical day starts at 6-30 or 7 am.I am serving breakfast to our guests,always ready to give them whatever they want.In the evening,I serve dinner,this is much easier and funnier.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Few working hours