Caterlink Employee Reviews

terrible!
chef manager (Former Employee) –  releif25 October 2017
worked for baxterstorey for several years and then transferred to caterlink. badly organised, not enough staff to do the job, rude aggressive senior managers forcing you to do 10 hours + per week unpaid.
absolutely hated it, do not work for this company - ended up walking out.
Pros
Cons
long hours, pigs for senior management
Awful company to work for
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent27 August 2017
I worked with this company for just under a year and didn't like one part of it. The managers were rude, hardly said a word to you unless they had something to moan about.
Very unprofessional, nothing was ever planned out.
The only thing I enjoyed about working for this company was the other people I worked with although we was always understaffed.
Good work/ life balance
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Anglesey17 August 2017
Great hours for parents
Learned a lot about management position
Good support network
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing satisfied children eating healthy and new foods
Interesting work, difficult management.
Catering/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rutland11 May 2017
I liked the work itself; I liked my colleagues; I liked cooking, even in the quantities required. But I struggled constantly with superiors and their expectations: they cared only about pence-per-meal, not quality or effort.
Pros
Likable colleagues.
Cons
Excecutive meddling.
Gives you space to delelop you own ideas
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire14 November 2016
A company that builds on the Ideas and strengths the each person brings.
Allows growth to fit you own business without too much outside influence.
Advice & guidance is available if required
Pros
allowed to you own iniative
Cons
communication is sometimes difficult
Ideal job to have whilst you have young children
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Cookham, Maidenhead23 September 2016
Excellent company to work for, having served 6 years and progressed up to Catering Manager.
Typical day would be to cater for in excess of 130 children and staff, on the job training occurs most weeks. I am now part of the internal training team, inducting all new members of staff and training them.
I manage 2 internal staff and cover all aspects of their man management.
The job is very hands on and very demanding but extremely rewarding and satisfying.
I enjoy working as part of a team and heading the team up. We all work very well together.
Pros
hours, holidays, suitable for parents of young children
Cons
Very physical
Lovely school to work in
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  alwyn infants school15 August 2016
I have worked in this school for 13 years and enjoy it very much , but I now need a job with more hours , I do ordering of food training staff , banking money , paperwork and keeping the cost of pence per meal down low , I have food and safety and health and safety certificates
Pros
working with nice people
Cons
not enough hours
Assistant cook
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead5 July 2016
To assist the chef with the daily running of the kitchen. odering stock and serving food. cleaning kitchen and preparing food for 400 children
Pros
team work
Cons
short hours 16 per week
Exhausting Rollercoaster.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley Common and Keston2 June 2016
Terrible Company to work for. So keen to snatch the contract they agreed to everything the College wanted and then couldn't deliver. A typical day at work was chaotic as management had no idea what they were doing. Consistantly short staffed, they refused to take on more staff as there was no budget. Management tried to stop breaks and wages frequently underpaid. Company Policies and Procedures not made available to staff and basic common sense Health and Safety completely disregarded. Ops manager eavesdropped outside changing rooms, lied to staff about complaints from colleagues, and issued fake disciplinary actions. etc etc..... Development chef 'watched' facebook accounts and spoke about his dogging exploits. Area manager incommunicado, concerned only about sandwich labels being straight. Staff openly belittled and racially abused, yet nothing done about it, inspite of lots of complaints from different staff. When six of my colleagues left I decided I'd had enough, although it has taken me six months to get Caterlink to pay me the wages I'd earned.
Pros
The great people I used to work with, before they left.
Cons
Being treated like dirt.
Catering supervisor
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire31 May 2016
A typical day in the kitchen would be to cook and prepare the food for the children.
sort out the allergy foods.
serve the children
wash up and wash everything down
Filling out paperwork, taking temps, training, daily checks. stocktake.
learning how to cook well
school cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor18 April 2016
start work at half past nine i start breakfast club which consists of cooking bacon toast bacon rolls pizza and soft drinks for sixty children then i get some help we get stuck in and start the next period cooking dinner dishing up is the easy part of the job washing up and tidying up is the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part is dishing up and mingling with the children
Pros
its a good job
Cons
washing up
very enjoyable to work for
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnhill14 March 2016
A typical day at work is very busy we all have our job roles to do I learnt a lot about health and safety the management are very laid back and always willing to help we were a very small team as 7 so we got on really well the hardest part of the job is when some one called ion sick it would double the load but we came together as a team the most enjoyable part of the job is serving
Pros
enjoy working in catering
Cons
the times
experience
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  London13 March 2016
I have been working with this company for over a year now it's a wonderful job but some times challenging. i every woking with other staff and also enjoy customer care.
Hands on environment
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Watford, ENG18 October 2015
A demanding and high pressured job which which has excelled my existing skill sets and helped me to gain more skills.

I manage a number of four people, ensuring all health and safety measures are met, the hygiene guidelines are met and delivering the set number of meals whilst working with a tight budget.
Pros
Location and rewarding
Cons
Short staffed
what i did each day
Catering manager Ormiston Academy (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ENG14 October 2015
Opening up and turning on all ovens, coffee machine, setting up counters for breakfast, organising staff, checking e-mails, Break prep and serving. Lunch prep then serving Lunch. full clean down of kitchen before ordering and cashing up tills then daily bookwork
Pros
left alone
Cons
not much support and no training
Nottingham
Head chef (Former Employee) –  Nottingham5 October 2015
Awful management very lazy, everything done at last minute, the client is all ways right even when they are not. Told different things, manager could never make mind up, always late and left early but lays told others off when a couple of minutes late.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The job
Good company to work for
Development Chef (Current Employee) –  London, ENG21 September 2015
Very little bureaucracy when dealing with executive issues. Great company for a career in Business Development, good opportunities for growth.
such tight budgets
chef (Current Employee) –  kent6 July 2015
working in kent,no real constancy within the company,very bad sickness culture within workforce,costings of standard products are totally out dated ,high expectation from management ,
Great work life balance ,salary in line with job title,
Inconsistent management ethos,they need to get there heads together.
can be a good company if they worked together
Pros
work life ballance
Cons
management inconsistant
Big expectations, small salary
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 May 2015
Exploitation of the employees, forcing people to do unpaid overtime, cutting worked hours of the staff. They must save a lot of money. They take rubbish contract and after you are under presser to do GP. Actually Area Mangers cut hours of part-timers, who do overtime(often are forced to do so) to control their tight wages budget.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small budget
its employment
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 March 2015
the first do help the chef make sure the area is ready for everyone
I have learned to work with other staff
management I can get on with if there ok .
I work with a lot of woman with some I get on wit and some do not.
there not no hardest part I find it easily
I enjoy some of the company
Pros
i get free dinner
Cons
the hours are ok