Caring Homes Group Employee Reviews

Maintenance
Site Maitenance operative (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville17 October 2017
This role made me never want to work for anyone again I was verbally abused by staff the manager was in fairyland and was treated like rubbish I resigned in the end caring homes group were a joke to work for
Pros
Non
Cons
Wages were low for job title
Poor Management at Consensus Desborough
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Desborough, Northamptonshire12 October 2017
I worked as a Support Worker under a new Manager st Desborough Home. She spent more time in the office and laughing with workers who wouldn't pull their weight. Lots of bullying going on and Manager ignored or didn't take seriously concerns raised by decent staff. Manager rarely offered supervision and spent more time cooking for staff than showing an interest in the residents. Care Plans weren't completed from years ago. So many staff leaving.
Pros
The residents.
I love working at this home we are a family and love our resdants
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Auchtermuchty, Fife1 October 2017
I have always wanted to be a prison offecer and love a challenge I want to be able to help understand how people need our help and I love been there to help people
Pros
Being there when they need u and they no u are there when they have no family only me
Cons
Long out not so good pay and also when they pass away
Awful!
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire25 September 2017
Mangement awful, don't wear correct PPE, Treated like rubbish, opinions and views not listened too. If you haven't been at the home for a while then apparently anything you say doesn't matter. Was sacked due to sticking up for myself and saying about favouritism in the work place which the management didn't like, so they got rid of me. Would never, ever recommend to anyone!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Long hours, management don't listen.
Great place to work,
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fish cross19 September 2017
Day to day care of residents help with daily tasks, days out. I have learned a lot from this job moving and handling and how to work and understand mental health. The best part of the job is the satisfying feeling you have made people happy
Pros
All Training provided, friendly staff
Don't do it.
Hard worker (Former Employee) –  England17 July 2017
Lack of support
Disrespectful senior management staff
Uncaring
Money focused
Lack of care for staff and residents
if your face fits you will get on well
Protected staff
Continuous pressure
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Money grabbers
Bad Management / confidentiality
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire2 July 2017
Would not recommend working there!
Bad management, if they turn up for work that is!! Lack of confidentiality, no team work, staff do what they want and when they want, especially care & kitchen staff!
Don't think about going to the manager and putting your views forward as it will fall on deaf ears!!
I actually feel sorry for the residents.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Your definetly not listened to!
Former emploee
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire29 June 2017
Used to be nice place to work till management change . No respect to staff after many years of duty . Would never advice anyone to work there. Horrible company to work for
Bad workplace, bad management
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire19 June 2017
I have a contract as a Healthcare Assistant but i also helped as a KP and even as a Chef in the kitchen, the salary is minimum wage and they are always short staff and the work its way too hard. I try to provide the best quality of care but my colleagues and management dosant appreciate at all.
Cons
Too many responsabilities
working at marchglen
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Current Employee) –  Alloa, Clackmannanshire5 June 2017
I work night duty. It is difficult at the moment with change of management and staff shortages. Enjoy working with the residents, interesting work with adults with complex care needs
Pros
good rota
Cons
short staffed at the moment
Very person centred approach, company values all colleagus
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire6 May 2017
Well established company, good values which focus putting the person's wishes and preferences first, empowering the individual to live the life they choose, top class training which equips the staff team with the knowledge to offer the correct support. Opportunities to progress within the company, everydays different, management supportive,
Pros
Well established company
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
Nice place to work.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burton Latimer11 April 2017
I have worked here for 6 years , I have found it to be pleasant and I love working with the people who live here. Staff team are improving as new staff are coming in, the service has struggled to recruit in the past, but that is now changing.
Pros
People we support
Cons
Some staff
Not a dead end social care job
Worker (Current Employee) –  Burton Latimer21 March 2017
High standards of care delivered in nursing home for 11 individuals with complex needs. Sure, it be challenging at times, but what job isn't? The team are suppotive and the management interested and engaged in retaining staff and progressing your career. Its a great place for people considering a nursing career, as there is a huge insight into nursing care. The training is of good quality. The wage structure matches other providers locally. An old cliché, but the job role is rewarding. A good, homely place with options to make a career within social care.
Pros
Good training. Supportive and proactive team.
Cons
Weekend and evening working isnt for everyone
Productive and fun workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire25 December 2016
My typical day at work : I usually spent time with charges, I helped in personal toilet, dressing, serving meals - for feeding. I performed nursing and hygienic action. I worked at night, I served the laundry.
I learnt the service of the laundry, of organising the time at the work. Partners were of help, managers helped with difficult situations. My helplessness has sometimes been the heaviest part of the work by seniors, their problems with the health. I had the greatest joy, when I heard from seniors, that I was helpful, friendly, patient and are feeling safe by me.
Productive workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks Kippington10 November 2016
Very good company, good management! Plus is full contact with manager who is very good person, good teamwork with other workers, and stuff have got cheap kitchen meals.
Pros
Cheap meals for stuff
Cons
12 hours shifts
Great Support
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milltimber28 October 2016
I am so so so Happy to be working here at Hawkhill House. I have worked in several care homes and really feel this the right place for me. My Manager is very approachable and supportive. She really cares about her staff and residents and really goes the extra mile. Our regional manager is also very supportive and approachable and visits us regularly, She always makes time to speak to the staff and make sure we are all happy. I have been offered several great training opportunities such as courses to attend and I have only been here for 10 months. I am most definitely learning the 'right' way of doing things and I am gaining experience which will benefit me greatly in my career. I was lucky recently to attend an awards ceremony for caring homes staff in which some staff were given awards for excelling at their jobs. It is nice that the company acknowledges those who go above and beyond. Hawkhill House is a great place to work and I think that the job satisfaction felt by the staff shows in the high quality of care that is provided to our residents.
Pros
Very supportive manager and regional manager.
Cons
Can be quite busy - like any nursing home.
Supportive management
currently employed (Current Employee) –  Milltimber7 October 2016
Management is strong on personal development, lots of training and supervision.

I find my job quite challenging, but knowing I have the capability to make a difference in someone's life is quite rewarding.
Pros
pay rate is the best I think in the area
Cons
long hours but same with other health care group
it is a joy to support the service users and very rewarding
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Middlesex30 August 2016
I love my work and the people i support. the daily is good as we do different activities every day. there is team work.
It is a challenging job which requires being alert at all times. policy and procedure and we do a lot of training relating to our job role.
the hardest day is when you have to deal with incidents but that is part of our daily work.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
flexible hours
Good house to work at.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2016
I had been working at this location for nearly 7 years.Service users have been great,so have been my colleagues.I had good opportunities to develop new skills,gain knowledge and experience.
The hardest part of the job was not to lose patience and sometimes maintain calm in a face a a challenge.The most enjoyable part of the job was going out for activities knowing they are tailored to meet the needs of the service users.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not well paid as for London Location
An workplace where you can learn a lot of things
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks26 March 2016
The hardest part of the job is kipping a good atmosphere at work and get involved in activities with co-workers and by the end of your shift , you are happy cause you put a smile on a resident face .
Pros
good break hours
Cons
paid lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caring Homes Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9