Carewatch Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Didn’t enjoy it
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Paisley15 February 2018
Guilt tripped into shifts
Not good with being off sick
Expected to work lots of hours
Plenty of overtime available
Local work in paisley area
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Too many hours management
Very poor company to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea13 February 2018
I worked for Carewatch for 2 years promised chance to progress however was given to new staff who had family members in the office hours never matched up.for what I actually work office staff would add calls on them to get paid yet it was carers who.did the calls also having a so called manager speak to you like dirt and treat you the same stayed witb the company hoping it would change but it got.worst.
Pros
Service users were lovely
Cons
Office staff had no.clue
Care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham31 January 2018
Did not enjoy workimg there but as a family i had to keep going i was out the house at 5.30am till 10.30pm and had no social life and no family time as i was working all the time with no brakes allways on the go
Cons
Good to work for (paisley)
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire26 January 2018
In my own personal experience of working for carewatch care services in renfrewshire, I have to say I have not had any problems. I give my availability to carewatch around about my other job and carewatch give me the hours to suit ! Yeah I might get the odd call to see I I can help out and if I'm available I will do and if not I say I am unable to and that has not been a problem. Also I have to say the management in the office are lovely and if needed to phone on call there's always someone available! Like I say this is in my own experience! I enjoy working for them!
Pros
Lovely clients, also lovely office staff and hours to suit .
Cons
For me none .
Avoid!!!
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire2 January 2018
Worked for the Lincoln office for 2 years after transferring from another company after Carewatch landed council contract. Office staff would continually phone you to work out of your availability. If you dared say no then you would be “punished” the following week by having next to nothing on your rota. Would contact office with concerns for service users only for nothing to be done at all!!! Fellow carers would bully & backstab & office staff would find it funny & join in.
If you dared phone in sick the office would continually harass via phone, text or even Facebook message you.
Never again will I work for this company even if they are last care company on this earth!!!
Pros
Service Users
Cons
None at all.
Bad management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Dorset27 December 2017
If you work for this company you'll have NoLife! Management surrounded buy family & friends who take priority over the best jobs!
When you leave don't expect a good reference as if you're not working for them you won't be doing care for anyone else in there eyes! Do yourself a favour & avoid like the plague! All nice to your face but a nasty bunch of office staff who are pushy without any integrity & often lie to clients. Take a chance with a different agency as surely can't all be as bad as this one!
Pros
The clients
Cons
Hard work & long hours unappreciated
Terrible
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire7 December 2017
Terrible management, consistent problems and lack of communication. Terrible standards, wouldn’t let them care for my family. Terrible company over all!
Terrible organisation
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester7 November 2017
Care coordinators are rude and pushy to make you do more work. The job itself would be good if it was organised but you do meet some lovely people in the job.
Pros
People
Cons
Organisation of work
Enjoy working with vulnerable adults Carewatch has afforded me the opportunity to gain experience in a new career
Quality Officer (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire and St Helens Merseyside29 October 2017
Enjoy caring for vulnerable adults. Carewatch has afforded me the opportunity to experience a completely new career path and I have also been promoted - I had no experience in this field when I started with Carewatch
Pros
company pension
Worse manangenent ever
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands21 October 2017
We are spoken to like dirt and every single person in the office is the same! Lazy people who don’t do the job properly then blame the carers! Clients and carers are the best bits of this job.
Pros
Seeing the lovely customers
Cons
Well where do I start the list is endless
Good company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire19 October 2017
I enjoyed working for carewatch but due to no fuel allowance it became hard to carry on and wasn't worth it for the hours that I could do. It was hard in winter months but great in summer.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
No fuel allowance
Senior Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire4 October 2017
I've worked at carewatch forth for 6 years I have progressed in my career through the company and worked in every part of the company. I started as a carer then moved on to senior carer worker, supervisor, trainer and coordinator. Each role had its challenges and I learnt a lot about the different care people receive. I love my job and work with a great team from management, office staff, quality officers and carers. I would recommend my company to anyone who has an interest in care.
Pros
Meets everyone's working availability, different teams to deliver different care needs, great support and great teams of carers in all areas
Lots of driving around between clients. Lots if calls to do extra work
Carer (Former Employee) –  Fife29 September 2017
Could do better. Communications between office and workers and services users not great. If you want to work every day all day you will be used to the max
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Expectations to be on call to cover calls at last minute
Rewarding job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea29 September 2017
Demanding but rewarding job. Easy to require but do not apply if you do not have a caring disposition. Physically and mentally hard work but all worth it
Cons
Long unpredictable hours
Partner worked for them
Partner of someone worked there (Former Employee) –  Morpeth, Northumberland27 September 2017
Constantly ringing asking to come in on days off or days at uni as they are so understaffed. Rang up as was ill and told they needed her in so she had to go in seriously unwell and made her worse. Always adding extra calls in so no chance of a break. People would complain about taking her to calls when on doubles and the office were no help. They told her pay for her own taxis or bus to get to a call from ponteland to Haddon and back or give the person petrol money. Office staff are rude and lazy. Someone else who works there had to get eye drops in her eyes and couldn't drive and they still expected her to come back and drive around for the last part of her shift.
Seriously avoid this company ubless you want no life and a heap load of stress.
Pros
Not a single one
Cons
Everything. Dont even get travel money
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lothian7 August 2017
In my experience for working for carewatch which lasted 3 months it was appealing. Management in the office do not care about the carers or their service users. I applied for part time and was always pressured into squeezing in more hours because they would have a ridiculous amount of hours of uncovered care at the last minute. There's no organization of runs meaning service users do not know what carer they are getting when IF AT All. Co ordinantors in the office do not ask favors they just fire the calls on to you. I miss the work but I couldn't work under the organization of carewatch. No wonder they have a high turn around of staff.
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
Shambles.
Understanding company
Carer (Former Employee) –  Largs24 July 2017
Good people to work for , very understanding when you have appointments and things like that,, friendly phone staff too, all in all a great company to work for.
Pros
Understanding
Cons
Lack of cominication sometimes
Great company to work for
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Market Harborough19 July 2017
I have worked for this company for over 6 years, yes it has ups and downs but generally great company to work for, my manager and supervisors and Market Harborough branch were always there for me, very supportive, would recommend this company
Pros
flexible hours
Worst company ever
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside14 July 2017
Wages not paid petrol not paid work your bottom off for no money lovely carers management don't know what their doing Rota gets changed on a daily basis without notice can't get hold of on call when needed badly managed at sthelens/Warrington
Pros
Carers in field lovely
Cons
Management, pay, petrol never paid
rewarding and mostly enjoyable
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Mansfileld , Farsfield, Rainworth, Epperstone ,29 June 2017
I have enjoyed my job as it is very rewarding , the hours tend to be unsocial and long , the day starts in helping mostly the elderly to get ready for the day ie: shower/ dressing and breakfast , lunch consists of preparing lunches washing pots and supervising meds, tea is the same routine as lunch, bedtime is the reverse of morning calla and making sure the are safe and secure in their home ,
Pros
rewarding
Cons
long and unsoiciable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carewatch Care Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4