Caremark Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work.
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire15 November 2017
Caremark Bradford office is a horrible company to work for. They are so unprofessional and don’t care what so ever about their staff. They don’t seem to care about their colleagues or there clients. The ‘managers’ and staff in the office are so rude. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for this company!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional management, the list could go on
Poor company
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire4 November 2017
Was told we got paid for training and mileage had to wait 6 weeks for any money when my son became ill and had to take two days of they terminated my contract as a care company they should know family is important Nasty emails of one of the office staff Rota change constantly with out been told send two staff members to calls who had not had full training
Pros
Cons
A lot
Interesting Company
CSW (Current Employee) –  Redditch24 October 2017
Learned very much since working with the Caremark Redditch & Bromsgrove
Variety
Nothing much to say about it......................................................
Disorganized managament
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire12 October 2017
The management of the office and management of care are disorganized, the rotas of care are not scheduled accurately, poor care plans and not very caring magement towards staff, wouldnt suggest anyone to apply!
Care in the community
Careworker (Current Employee) –  Bangor, County Down11 October 2017
Okay company to work for, staff and clients are all lovely, they don't call cram unlike other company's. ..............................................
Worked with them at start of setup
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plympton Chaddlewood9 October 2017
The company has grown since I was employed, but at start there was a lot of work then lost many hours.

Difficult to approach management and office out of the way so collecting PPI not convenient.
Pros
Meeting new client and staff
Cons
Mileage included in wages did not cover costs
Hardworking place of work
Support & Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands2 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and tailoring yourself to fit to their needs and care. I have learnt that not all care work is easy and not all care is the same.
Good mangement (Caremark Richmond)
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Caremark Richmond28 September 2017
Best management at caremark richmond, Very helpfull manager and MDs, Always supporting me to do my job and providing me help whenever is needed. Employee friendly Environment.
The best job I have had.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, County Down16 September 2017
I love working for Caremark as everyone is very approachable and will do anything to help. It is a very friendly working environment, they offer flexible hours and try and keep care workers on the same runs so that you can build a relationship with the clients that you care for. For those who prefer working alone there are companionship sits or single runs available and for those who enjoy working with others there are double runs where you work alongside another care worker, and the office staff accommodate this where possible. My favourite part of the job is knowing that I made my clients smile. There are also many opportunities to progress within the company and I feel happy going to work each day. I feel that my hard work is appreciated and Caremark show this by organising pamper days for staff members who go above and beyond for clients. Supervisors are always on hand for a chat about any worries or issues I am facing and team meetings are arranged to discuss what is going well and what could be improved. There is no hierarchy within the workplace as everyone is valued and treated as equal. Finally, I would just like to say that I would recommend Caremark to anyone and believe it is a great company to work for.
Good workplace but...
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 September 2017
Every day is different, I learned many things about social and health care. Management is friendly and helpfully.The hardest part of this job are understanding what client to say( many times not clear). The most enjoyable part of this to help people, talk to them (if they are understandable).

Want to know more about Caremark?

Ask a question
Committed
Care Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitchurch6 September 2017
Taught me a lot about home care having no knowledge about it before. Great group of carers in the community. Small team office based working closely together
Poor
Field Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sussex23 August 2017
Tried 3 times for nvq2 assesses always changing jobs
Then tried for nvq3 and got 3quarters of the way through and same thing happened work load got bigger ev
Wry year with no extra money so decided to leave.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Poor company
Poor company to work for
Home care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 August 2017
Poorly managed, feel like your not allowed to say no to covering extra runs as the field care supervisor makes you feel guilty. She has a terrible attitude to which a lot of clients don't even like her. Also they dismiss you over the phone instead of doing it face to face!
community care worker
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  West Midlands16 August 2017
I learned alot whilst working here but due to being a walker and i walked everywhere . i was requested to go to places that was far and made me late for calls.
i never had time for a proper breaks due to this as having to catch up . i was also sent to place where i had to walk to mansfield road which was dangerous and felt like wasnt cared about due to management laughing down the phone.
the best part of my job was seeing the clients , making sure that they are happy and being well looked after it was nice to be able to have a lovely conversation with them.
Pros
meeting new people, looking after clients
challenging work place
Care Assistant, NVQ2 (Former Employee) –  West Sussex31 July 2017
very well organised care company, very good training courses, everyday something new to learn. Challenging work with people with disabilities. Long hours to drive. Very good management
Cons
Hard work at times but very rewarding.
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire4 June 2017
I've worked for Caremark Vale Royal for a while now. Work can be hard going, especially at weekends, but in general i love my job. I find it very rewarding, I love the clients, my co workers are great, and I can speak to the management team if I have any problems or concerns.
Not the best paid job but this is across the board, not just this company. The rewards i get from carrying out my job, make up for what i lack in pay.
Pros
Good company, can usually find a good work life balance.
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Working for caremark
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire16 May 2017
I enjoy my job and now have a regular round. Pay is very low for caring,customers are lovely

Supervisors keep leaving

Adverts misleading on the pay
Pros
Clients and routine
Cons
Low pay lack of supervisor visits travel time
Awful Company
Carer (Former Employee) –  aylesbury and wycombe6 April 2017
Awful company to work for, all they care about is money, they do not listen to anything and everything is too much trouble. Management are terrible and not easy to talk too. No1 listens and they have a complete disregard for the care of both clients and carers.
Pay is terrible and management dont do anything, it is just about the money. Clients and Staff are all miserable. Office Staff are miserable also
Cons
Pay works out awful
Love working for Caremark
Care and Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Market Harborough, Leicestershire2 January 2017
Absolutely amazing people to work for and by far the best job I've ever had! They really value their staff and go above and beyond to ensure staff are always happy. They are very flexible and really make sure that work fits around you and your family and not the other way around. Management are always around to support you in any way that they can and nothing is ever too much to ask. I really feel that all my work is appreciated and would highly recommend working for them, there just isn't anything negative I could possibly say!
Pros
Supportive and friendly managment, Flexible hours, Great training
Cons
Best company to work for!!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunmow, Essex4 December 2016
I would like to start by simply saying that Caremark Chelmsford has restored every inch of self belief and joy for the job that I do, Those things from a previous job had been beaten down and destroyed by the previous company I worked for in Chelmsford due to awful management! I now go to work each day with a spring in my step and love every second, the owner is simply incredible, I have never met a nicer, more helpful and welcoming owner to a company, along with an amazing team in the office Caremark Chelmsford sets itself apart from any other care company by a mile, I look forward to many years working there and if anyone is looking to work in the care agency, whether you have experience or not, Caremark offer an amazing training programme which leaves you full of knowledge and ready to tackle the job in hand! The office care coordinator does an incredible job, sorting through hours & managing staff as well as all other office duties as well, it's so nice to go into an office that all work together and communicate brilliantly.Any problems that need addressing are done without feeling awkward! Thank you so much Caremark Chelmsford! Finally, If anyone is looking to work in domiciliary care then look no further than Caremark Chelmsford.
Pros
Endless opportunities!!
Cons
Zero hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caremark. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9