Care UK Ltd Employee Reviews

Excellent Team Work
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester18 October 2017
Good Team with positive management and excellent personal development.
Business was positive and team rewarded for efforts regularly.
Would recommend.
Not a caring company!
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingham, North Yorkshire14 October 2017
I worked at this home for 12 years. It was good until three months ago, the higher management are bullies, they speak to staff like we are idiots and are not supportive. The environment is filthy and people do not see this. It is a money making company who do not care at all, a real eye opener!
Pros
Nice colleagues in my department
Cons
Awful management, offensive, treated like rubbish!
Nice place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire11 October 2017
Caring for the elderly is extremely rewarding. But it was Care4u ltd. just wasn't able to continue without writing this. Caring is challenging but extremely rewarding.
Pros
Community
Cons
Low pay for hours
Worst job i ever had
Nurse (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom8 October 2017
Unsupported by management including regional managers. This is a business that claims to have the residents at the heart of everything they do. That is utter rubbish and the customer relations managers who are glorified sales reps are more highly thought of than any other employee. Serious safeguarding issues where I worked and when I attempted to raise my concerns with management I was ignored. Best thing I ever did was to leave.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Money orientated business
Awful company to work for
Theatre Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon6 October 2017
Worked for Care Uk for 6 months worst place I have ever worked no sick pay rubbish pension scheme all staff fed up given false promises. Constantly sent home early and when I left had to repay hours may as well have been on a zero hours contract. Work was boring and repetitive felt myself becoming de skilled as a nurse on a daily basis. Unsupportive management who favoured particular individuals felt like there was a constant threat of redundancy. Was promised lots at the beginning but none of it materialised only so long you can stand being in such a boring and petty workplace.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Always being sent home early not enough work to do
Productive training provided throughout job opportunities nvq qualifications provided
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire29 September 2017
I got tuped over to Care UK was a good company to work for and staff members had worked together as a team for some time. The calls were close together which was good and had plenty of support from staff.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Understaffed and over worked.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea28 September 2017
I left nearly two decades ago I know that this branch has had several new mangers in that time, so I cant realy comment on recent work place.

Was a good place to work until a third new manager took over in less than a year and wanted to replace all staff with ones he chose creating a bad working environment.

However the majority of original the staff were good and helped each other and helped the residents new staff were mostly bank staff but we provided care as best as possible given the low staff ratio for type of demanding residental care required.

Review is based on outdated experience.
Pros
Caring for the residents
Cons
Low pay and minimum staffing levels.
Hard work
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Stafford28 September 2017
You have to be great with the service users but the management expect a lot . 15 minutes to give care is very difficult. You get called a lot to cover other carers and only given 5 minutes travel time.
Pros
flexible
Cons
5 minutes travel time
Good company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Essex27 September 2017
Good company to work for bug am relocating snd no care home local yo where I am have previously worked for them for five year and only had to leave due to personal reasons
Pros
Locsl
Cons
Unpaid breaks
working good
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  heatherbrook23 September 2017
work well as a team, also in difficult situation. very friendly with customers and patients. have involved in a situation were i add to answer too many calls and put things in places, tiding up, and also with customers is not very easy but will have to be patient with them.
rewarding job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeenshire22 September 2017
Working within care uk is both rewarding and demanding. Being someone's every day carer and making sure there health and happiness is achieved is a great feeling and very rewarding! The shortage of staff can be stressful at times but the lack of staff was not my worry it was the caring that was my main responsibility. Everyone that I worked with made me feel accepted and welcomed into the new work family. I learnt a lot from working within care UK daily I learnt more information on dementia and caring for the elderly.
Pros
a rewarding job
Cons
long hours. shortage of staff.
Progression
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Halstead, Essex22 September 2017
CareUK is a good company to work for if you want to progress.. I've read too many reviews from people complaining about rates of pay and long hours etc, when you're interviewed to work in a careUK home, you're given the opportunity to ask questions, vital information regarding rates of pay and shifts are clearly relayed to you! It's down to you to accept the position offered or not! It's a care home.. it's not the Flying Dutchman! You're not dammned to a lifetime of service which you pay for with your soul and Aztec gold! No sir! You have the choice whether or not to accept, or you have the choice to stay and be part of a good team or find something else more suitable!! You have every opportunity to progress, if that's what you truly want and it's evident in the work you produce, no business establishment is going to invest time and effort in a person who sits around on their phone and complains about petty stuff and then start creating and calling the manager a bully because you were asked to do some work, I've been with the company three years this year, I've been promoted three times! I have several colleagues who have also been promoted and are all undergoing further training such as NVQs etc, you work every other weekend and you get extra money for working overtime! You can choose to work over either Christmas or new year! No expectations
Pros
Great company if you want to progress
Rubbish company
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billingham, North Yorkshire20 September 2017
Awful, awful, awful. Terrible "care" company not a caring bone in their bodies.
Staff negativity and moan all day long, management are rude and offensive!!
Glad the day I left
Pros
Handing in my notice and residents
Cons
Management/over worked/ underpaid
Awful place
Management don't care about residents or staff and give insufficient support to carry out roles and just seem to want to ladder climb. Not enough for residents to do and the food is slop. Interim manager is more interested in the attractive females more than residents. Disgusting mentality.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Not a good place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire19 September 2017
Not enough staff for how many residents there are. Very tiring long hours. Pay is not great for what you do. Not enough spare time to spend with each resident
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours not very good pay
good and safe place to work!! if you love taking care of people.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex17 September 2017
i'm working here for just over 6 months and so far i'm very happy. it was hard at the beginning as standard of care is really high but with a time i got used to it. im working with really nice people and enjoying my every shift there. day and night staff are always helpful and friendly. Management is supportive and wants staff to progress. The only issue is that my colleagues are calling off sick too often but even though with a good team on the floor its not so busy and difficult. and if only we could get pay rise!
Pros
lovely residents, colleagues are very helpful, new building.
Cons
hourly rate.
Bullying culture/unsupportive support team.
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingham, North Yorkshire17 September 2017
Started the company early 2017, found this place to have no "care"!!
Would avoid this company and advise anyone not to work for them.
They are not supportive, money orientated, and awful manorism towards staff and visitors to the hone
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Bullied/awful environment/ terrible support management/ goal posts change
Giving something back
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrow17 September 2017
Great for helping those in need and a definite job satisfaction!
The hardest part of the job was seeing service users deteriorate and the zero contracted hours.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Zero hours
overall not bad
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London12 September 2017
I enjoyed working with service users and the members of staff. I learnt to empower service user more by assisting them in their daily activities and supporting with their needs. the employers were very encouraging and great team players. the workplace culture was slightly laid back with less motivation. the hardest part of the job was when people would not turn up for their shifts and there was more workload but few staff to do the job. there was a lack of communication with management.
Pros
free afternoon snacks and lifts from drivers.
Cons
less staff, more work, lack of communication
great job, company ok to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands3 September 2017
I would go and assist elderly people within their own homes. I learnt a lot about the job as I hadn't done care within the community before. the management were ok to work for but didn't seem to sort problems out when needed. workplace was ok, wasn't in one workplace consistently so couldn't really comment on the workplace. the hardest part of the job was when clients passed away. the enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping someone.
Pros
helping people
Cons
help not always provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9