CAPPELLO Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 August 2017
order placements and taking care of customers and serving them what they ordered.

The tips are what makes this place worth going to work for. the commission is very little.
Pros
late shifts
Cons
the cleaning of the store after closing time
driving
driver code 10 (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng27 September 2016
Working doing delivery to the company branches in jhb kempton park.Worked long hours if needed to cover during busy times.Travel at night to delivery in other branches.
meeting New people
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Gauteng27 July 2016
Meeting New people having fun round the shop If u have a problem tell the hand waiter music is playing wen u busy selling food and drinks to customer's and enjoying getting tips to customer people dancing
Pros
we were not getting free lunch
Cons
we were working over time
Fun and Productive working environment
Junior Manager (Current Employee) –  Limpopo burgersfort12 February 2016
I love the fact that I worked with different people from different backgrounds I learned a lot about peoples management and good communications skills from my management team and staff members. My day at work included having a quick briefing with staff, counting stock,making sure our front of house is clean and hygiene free, invoicing if there was any to be done, answering the shops phone,cashing waiters up,checking emails,posting events or any interesting on facebook or on our group chats and basically a lot of admin work. The hardest thing was having to go home with not a lot of customers coming threw but all in due time it was going to change, because we started to have a lot of functions with celebrities and so forth which made all us happy and we joined in on the fun.
Pros
fun environment to work with different people
Cons
Not a lot of customers
productictive and fun
Sushi Chef (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP25 October 2015
it was wherby the shop was full of customers and it was am dreamin not to mention the orders that kept coming..but above all that i was patient w ma self calmed ma self down and i concetrated on what i love not to be frustrated by the orders ma co-workers help alot and they where very supportive the most part that is hard when doing my job is preparion and when it comes to producing i really love that
Pros
free lunch and supper
good and happy
beverage manager (Former Employee) –  Burgersfort, LP1 June 2015
sometimes stressful but most of the days it was good business .l have learn that for a person to be a good leader you have to work with people not against people
Cons
The planning of my own wedding
Wedding Planner (Former Employee) –  Rifle, CO24 October 2014
The planning of my wedding started from the time I would get up until the time I went to sleep. The cool things that I learned was that I have a crafty side of myself. I made all my flower arrangements, decorations for an outside wedding, made a menu of the food we would be cooking, picking out colors, music and the place the wedding would take place (in our back yard, as we lived on 22 acres) . All of the wedding members that lived in the same state would come together and help with everything that they could, and let me tell you many minds together is a great thing.
The hardest part of the wedding was having someone else setting things up while I was getting ready for my big day. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting married.
Pros
The planning
Cons
stress
Fun,vibey and warm ambience to work in.
Hospitality and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaborone,Botswana22 May 2014
A typical day at work would be arriving in the morning to do loads of admin before clients come in, then prepare for lunch, check the daily special with the kitchen, inform the rest of the staff, then attend to clients during lunch period. After lunch, i make sure the restaurant is set for the evening, this would involve cleaning and reviewing the morning and lunch period. After that clients start trickling in the evening begins, which will be more of a cocktail, whiskey and beer ambience to end the night.
Pros
Networking opportunities
Cons
Tiring and a bit stressful but fun work environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC29 January 2014
I had to get there early in the morning, stand in front of the shop the whole day greeting and welcoming customers until the end of my shift, then get payed and go home.
I learned to be patient and how to deal with rude customers and waiters.
The managment was great, everybody knew his place and what was expected of him.
My co-workers were friendly people but could become rude when under-pressure.
The hardest part was to keep the customers calm and happy when their waiter was too busy "spinning" serving other tables.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to interact with people and make many friends.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Long hours with no break
Busy environment
Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP15 July 2013
I was responsible for the back office administration but learnt a lot from a Management perspective as well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Be quick and dont let customers wait too long for thier orders and always chek up on them
waitress (Former Employee) –  Pretoria7 April 2013
Cappello is a very nice place to work in, you need to be strong, determined and take your work seriously because the more you work the more you earn. Co-workers can be selfish because every one is there to make money most can not work as a team. Busy days are the best days because every one benefits. Our goal is to make customers spend money and i have learnt that you need to be carm and friendy with customers, the friendlier you are the more tips you get.
Pros
choosing your own shifts
Cons
working very long hours
Productive and fun workplace
waitress (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg1 February 2013
I learned to work well under pressure and interact with different kinds of people. I worked hard and managed to remain friendly and approachable at all times. my co-workers were extremely heplful and worked as well as they could to the best of their abilities.
The management team was firm but very motivational aswell, I enjoyed working with the different characters that came each day. The hardest part was being on your feet running around with out rest.
Pros
good music and good food
Cons
Always love my job comes first
CAPPELO IS A COCKTAIL LOUNGE ALWAYS UP SELL (Current Employee) –  GAUTENG19 January 2013
Its always a chalange human management it is not easy but you have to be smart up there know your customers. They alway your bosses as they pay your salary
Pros
always open close so 2 meal a day and soft drinks
Cons
18 hours
work place
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  johannesburg gauteng31 July 2012
On a typical day at work it is quit quiet due to customers being at their work places.
Ive learnt how to be able to communicate with customers and be a peoples person, how to live with other people.
The management is pretty cool they know how to talk to customers.
when at work we usually work as a team with my colleagues.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
16 hours