Capco Employee Reviews

Diverse environment with a lot of politics
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 September 2017
Pros:

- Good career progression
- Diversity of colleagues

Cons:

- Hierarchical (politics)
- Innovative face that is supported by a bodyshop
Excellent Consultancy to Work for
IT Project Manager SAP ECC Migration (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London28 August 2017
Dynamic organisation with brilliant and dynamic employees that are always committed for successful delivery of changes
The workplace culture is fantastic; with its base at the heart Shoreditch ; employees are provided every required element to ensure their success on projects with Clients
Fun job
General cleaner (Former Employee) –  Osterley, Greater London7 May 2017
General cleaner 3 hours a day cleaning kitchen, offices, toilets and conference rooms! I had an excellent relationship with all the office staff.... I loved my little job and enjoyed earning a little money for myself and my family.
Pros
Work relations
Cons
Great Culture and Management (London Office)
Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, UK22 January 2017
Excellent treatment of staff, a wonderful office environment and great care taken to ensure individual and team progression.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, occasional treats from managers
Cons
Yet to be seen
Good experience
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London30 October 2016
Good experience to refine financial sector skills. Training are provided to support daily work and there is available a vast network for anyone who wants to achieve a career in this field.
Pros
training
Cons
long hours of work
Great experience
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Shoreditch4 July 2016
Work experience at a banking consultancy firm called Capco, allowed me to obtain more skills and knowledge within the business sector. During my week there I developed strategies used throughout the business sector that allowed me to focus on group work. Remit was to create a presentation summarising what we had learnt over the course of the week, we then hat to apply this knowledge to a case study. The employees taught us new things in depth such as customer satisfaction and how to solve working flow problems. This experience has developed my time management skills. We were given challenging tasks but this is what I relish, believing that hard work pays off This is something I follow as a principle of my life; I had a great week culminating in my group presentation being awarded first place.
Innovative, young, enigmatic environment that encouraged accountability and entreprenurial spirit
Senior Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG19 January 2015
A company that encourages you to deliver ownership over your career and your delivery. Never stops stretching you and ensures you continually ride an almost vertical learning curve. I have made many friends and is a pleasure to be a part of.
Interesting projects
Atlassian DevOps Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG28 October 2014
Nice environment, good office, well located.
The advanced technology used in Capco was very interresting.
I learnt how to integrate different parts (Artifacts from different teams), build a master build and deploy it on different environment, choose a strategy suitable to the project

The management was very technical. I appreciate to talk about Technic with them.

Co-worker was very nice except about the documentation.

We spent time to know how to integrate all parts of the project.
The hardest part of the job was to explain to very competent people how to change the way they are working.
The most enjoyable was to see all the different team was able to deliver on time.
Pros
Technical Challenge - advanced technology
Cons
No long term view
Challenging place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London24 February 2014
Challenging and diverse place to work, with many opportunities.
Sugar coated bodyshop
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London29 June 2013
Capco is pre-dominantly a bodyshop in the guise of a consulting firm. They are only concerned of the bottom line while their marketing would lead you to believe they care about their employees and their development. The number and quality of projects is very poor and you WILL be forced to join a project with no consideration of your choice or career direction. Their current resourcing team in particular are terrible and highly political while management are made up of ex-accenture employees.

On the positive, salary is slightly above average and there are some intelligent people working for the firm.

Overall, a firm to avoid if you are looking for a consulting career but could be an entry point into the industry for grads and juniors.
Pros
Above average salaries and some good people
Cons
Bodyshop, low quality and quantity of projects, no choice in career direction
Long hours and lots of politics
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London11 February 2013
Extremely political.

Minimal value add.

Engagements not inline with skill-set.

If you are low-skilled and want a high powered city career this is the place for you.
Business Focussed and Driven
Principle Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brighton24 June 2012
As Principle Consultant my main focus is in dealing with the client, understanding their needs and providing solutions for failing or challenging programmes.
I have learned to be adaptable, manage difficult personalities in a wide variety of situations and surroundings.
I pretty much manage myself but work closely with the Capco team members drawing on a huge resource base.
The hardest part is being away from home Monday to Friday, I have always travelled with my job and enjoy that but not full time.
The people I work with are the best part of my job, their level of excellence, motivation, willingness to get the job done and team spirit are exceptional. Nothing is ever to much to ask.
Pros
making so many connections
Cons
no work life balance