CANTERBURY CHRIST CHURCH UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Cool
Department Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kent7 September 2017
I am currently on e verything and I are you doing the home visit tomorrow and it's still early days of onky be abke to get back to you soon as I know what you mean
good university
Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Canterbury12 July 2017
did 3 years there. it was a good university in which they pushed you. I learnt a lot and I have come out a better person. I feel very educated and mature.
great workplace
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent15 June 2017
• Gathering feedback on student issues on my course and communicating this feedback to the course staff to ensure the issues are resolved.
• Working together with other course representatives on similar issues to enhance a positive outcome for any changes needed.
• Participating in meetings to discuss issues with staff and students.
• Reporting back to fellow students on responses to feedback and any changes made
great uni
Student (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent13 June 2017
great lecturers that really care about their students. The development of the old prison site will only improve the facilities even further. it is a great place to study.
Fun workplace, New experience
Outreach Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent18 May 2017
As it was my first job it was made easy as it was with colleagues from my university. the work was straight forward and with the help of my team members it was made easier.
Pros
free lunches
Productive Work Place
Stem Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Canterbury23 April 2017
Enjoyed working here. Very friendly management and working environment. There were many benefits to the job like free office software and drinks during your breaks.
good
French lecturer (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent, UK31 March 2017
good interaction with the students , learn new skills , masters and applied methods in my teaching. variety of classes and students.
work hard with interesting students.
good
Nice environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent14 March 2017
I have been working as a student ambassador at Canterbury Christ Church for a year and few months. I could not have found a better opportunity! I am a people person, I love to meet new people, talk about the passion I have for what I do (I am a student teacher). Moreover, this job gives you the perfect occasion to HELP someone in need. I helped students thinking about their future career; gave them the tools to understand that they can make it and all of us come to a point in life when everything looks extremely hard to face.
The hardest part of the job is that offers only temporary roles. The management is good; people do put all their effort for every events to run as smooth as possible and if you are proactive, it offers space for improvement and personal development.
Best Job Ever
Catering Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury1 December 2016
Great company to work for, always fun and never a dull day. Pay was great and increased every year, customers were also very friendly.
great place to work..
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Broadstairs26 October 2016
start a 6am 9am. great place to work. people are nice. have great managerment,that can talk to.any problems. people work with are nice.we all get on..
Student (Former Employee) –  Canterbury24 May 2016
I was learning CELTA programme. It was a friendly environment where I could learn and apply teaching experiences. I would recommend to others.
Basic job
Summer Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canterbury11 January 2016
Summer housekeeping, nothing more to expect. Hours were okay, finished early afternoon. Pay was rubbish, no surprise though, knew the deal beforehand.
Pros
Finishing early afternoon
Cons
Being a summer housekeeper
Great People, Great Place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canterbury15 November 2015
Canterbury Christ Church University is a friendly and great place to work. I have worked at CCCU for nearly 10 years now and loved every moment. CCCU has enabled me to develop as a prefessional engineer and supported me all the way.
Pros
In the beautiful city of Canterbury
Cleaner over summer period - not bad temporary work
Summer Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canterbury21 August 2015
Worked here over the summer period a while back. I don't speak for all sectors of the university, only the cleaning department.

The staff were very friendly and easy to work with. The other staff, mainly composed of other students, were great too.

Pay obviously wasn't amazing but what would you expect. Was a temporary summer job, so opportunities for advancement is not something you'd be looking at.

Hours weren't bad, something like 8-1 if I remember correctly, so have plenty of time in the afternoon to enjoy. Or, if you look at it in a different way, you don't get many hours so don't make a lot of money.

Overall, it did the job for temporary summer work. Worked with a few friends so that was fun. Wouldn't do it again though. A friend of mine did, so each to their own.
Pros
Short days, friendly management, friendly co-workers, not difficult
Cons
Can be a bit disgusting, work can be strenuous at times
Great Place to work for
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kent18 July 2015
Working for Canterbury Christ Church University was a great. I gained a lot of experience in terms of meeting new people addressing guests and clients when working here.
productive and fun work place
PEER ASSISTED LEARNING LEADER/SEMINAR LEADER) (Former Employee) –  Church, ENG2 July 2015
the staff and pupil were really good to work with, i cant fault the organisation. The structure was simple and the meetings were always prompt. You get along well with staff and develop a friendship.
Pros
enjoyable
Busy working environmnt
PARTNERSHIP ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG17 May 2015
busy and varied working day all year round. Great team to work with. Working in partnership with schools and colleges as well as working closely with academics and students.
Great workplace, great attitude
Tempshop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury13 January 2015
Working for the help-desk at Canterbury Christ Church University can be rewarding, challenging and fun. A typical day includes interacting with students face-to-face, over the phone or by email.
The environment is very friendly and the co-workers are always willing to help and support each other.

Overall it is easy to fulfill my role, however sometimes it is challenging to keep up a balance between helping the students that are at our desk and the ones contacting us by phone. Nevertheless, excellent customer service is our main concern.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the team which can make a busy day seem fun and take of the edge.
Damning Report finds worst levels of bullying at Canterbury Christ Church University
Security, accomodation and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canterbury22 October 2014
A typical day at work consists of management turning up when they please, discriminating, alienating and bullying their staff and generally an unpleasant experience.

I learnt that Christ Church as an organisation is corrupt and immoral.

Management are non-existent, the people in these positions are unqualified, incompetent and ruthless in their ways to remove the good staff who actually work to make a positive experience and difference for staff and students alike.

Co-workers are all unhappy and fearful of their job security due to the extreme level of politics and illegal dismissals and discrimination that occurs on a daily basis in multiple departments.

The hardest part of the job is trying to remain happy and positive when all you want to do is leave because you have the feeling you are not wanted simply needed and disposable at any time.

I never enjoyed anything in any of my roles with this disgraceful organisation.
Pros
Cons
Long and unsociable hours, poor pay, discrimination, alienation, bullying the list goes on.
University
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG14 October 2014
Being a student ambassador was a fantastic experience. It was temporary work when required. Being an ambassador for the university, meant going to colleges, sixth forms and to students who are looking to attend university, to help guide them to achieving that goal.