Cancer Research UK Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maesteg, Bridgend16 November 2017
Great people shame shop closes down great people wonderful time.lean lots. Being key volunteer. Great staff work hard.wonderful people .treat like family hopefully get job with one day
great place to work
data entry assistant (Former Employee) –  Islington15 November 2017
really fun to work here the staff are great and the jobs not bad it was really fun to work here and people are really kind i used to love the casual environment of the entire office
Great experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  101 Sydenham Rd, Sydenham, London SE26 5UA14 November 2017
I would arrive at 9am as the shop is being opened; Iron and hang the clothes that were approved to be on the shop floor, check new clothes and tag the ones that are to be sold. I would then clean the store and lock the shop alongside the manager.
relaxed and happy working environment
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Whitchurch, Shropshire13 November 2017
the rest of the volunteers working there are patient in explaining how things work and always offer tea and biscuits when they're making themselves some.
Pros
50% off in the shop
Cons
work on the weekend
Great place to work!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Field Based12 November 2017
I really really enjoyed my time at CRUK - the team I worked with had a great social feel to it and everyone was supportive of one another's successes.
Good Volunteering Oppurtunity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire10 November 2017
Spent just over four months with a cancer research charity shop, excellent staff and felt very welcome as a team member within the store. It was great to learn a few new skills about the operations of the store and a bit more about the retail industry itself.
Pros
flexible shifts
Productive and fun workplace and help people with cancer donation
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bury9 November 2017
My typical day at work cash handling and till operation.Assisting customers with products and prices.Replenishing stock and displaying this attractively.Dealing with queries and complaints.
Pros
Can go any time for some coffee
Friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea6 November 2017
I've been volunteering at Cancer Research UK for 8 months and I couldn't enjoy it more, if it was paid work it would be perfect! My manager is fun, kind and professional. He's always helping the volunteers when they're unsure of what to do, and always puts the customers first. A typical day starts off quiet, however it gets very busy in late morning, when the store is quiet, I tend to tidy and make sure everything in the store is as it should be. Then I start to serve customers, a volunteer will start to bring items down from upstairs, my colleague and I will put the items out in their designated places. I think the hardest part of the job is when I steam clothes upstairs however, I don't tend to do this job anymore and I stay downstairs in the store front. In general I really enjoy the job, my favourite part is serving the customers, I enjoy the social interactions and chatting to people about their day.
Pros
Free tea and biscuits
Cancer Research
Customer Assitant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire6 November 2017
During my role on shop floor, I found the environment to be both productive and fun. The most enjoyable part of my role was interacting with customers and feeling incorporated as part of a well established company.
Productive and a real oppurtunity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hampstead, Greater London5 November 2017
a typical day for me is rather random as I have been given a multitude of responsibilities at the store, this can be stock management and banking then working on the till the next day.
ok
Charity shop volunteer (Former Employee) –  Camden Town1 November 2017
quite chaotic as donations are constantly being received but is organised as each donation bag was labelled. volunteers are at different ages which is nice and welcoming.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire29 October 2017
alright place
went there for volunteering .
.........
staff were friendly
hours were good
would not do it again though
busy shops kept u on ur feet which is good
Pros
friendly
Good Environment
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  London28 October 2017
I enjoy this job because the staff is formed by nice people, I work on the shop floor and back to steam and select clothing. The hardest job is trying to select which clothes and accessories will sell and at which price.
Pros
Free lunches
Kind environment for learning about what goes into running a store
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Middlewich26 October 2017
I enjoyed my time with Cancer Research and felt I was part of an organisation selling quality items to the public and I am proud to say I helped raise money for such a good cause.
fun and friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast25 October 2017
I enjoyed this work experience as I worked in a team of helpful, friendly individuals. As the job was volunteering, it gave me quite a satisfactory feeling to know that I was contributing to helping others in need.
great support and help
Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire20 October 2017
i loved working at cancer research it helped me gain knowledge that can help me get a job at any shop, also i have boosted my confidence.i helped the people with mobility needs, it make me feel proud.
Pros
guided me through everything
Very productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City19 October 2017
A typical day was filled with steaming clothes, selling clothes as well as other goods. Management was good but a bit on the stricter side. Downside too this job is mostly the salary as it is voluntary work unless your a assistant manager or manager.
fun workplace
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire18 October 2017
Very good employers and always understandleble always helpful and treats you like a valued member of staff. Also if you did something wrong they would tell you how to correct your misktake
Pros
free lunch
productive and fun workplace
Retail sales assistants (Former Employee) –  Billericay, Essex18 October 2017
I really enjoyed working here but I was pregnant at the time so I had to leave.
the management was really understandable
the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers.
Productive. Great teamwork ethic
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2017
Overall, working in this particular charity has boosted my confidence with a range of different skills. It has made me more able to talk confidently to a range of different customers daily.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Overcrowded store