Cambridgeshire County Council Employee Reviews

Invaluable experience gained in my area
Social Worker / Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire20 September 2017
Worked within a specialist team, communication skills with general public and ability to assess and manage clients was key for my role to be achievable.
Pros
Could manage own diary
Cons
Budget cuts!
Good workplace
Cleaner in charge (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire19 September 2017
Good emploeyee.Productive and helpfull for any reasons.Allways happy to help.Full training was given.Offered help in with any problems.Easy to contact them with any enquiries
Work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire17 August 2017
I worked in a fast paced environment at Cambridgeshire County Council delivering school transport for Main Stream, Sen pupils and post 16 students. I also help with invoice queries and helping with over payment by getting the monies owed back to the council.
Busy supportive envirionment
Contracts Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 July 2017
I carry out audits on providers of care homes for the elderly, that have a contract to provide good quality services with the County Council.
I have learned that what you see on the surface is not always a true picture when you investigate further.

I have good support from my management and peers.
The team I work in take pride in achieving quality reports.
The job is challenging and can be emotionally draining,however the best part is highlighting concerns and supporting providers to make changes that assist in providing a high level of care and maintaining standards.
Hard but rewarding work
Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire18 May 2017
Day to day changes that can bring anything, interesting work and dealing with very interesting people. Lovely city on the workplace doorstep and easily accessible.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
local government job security under Conservatives isn't great.
Standard Employment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Signet Court24 April 2017
Working for the county council has good job security albeit in social care there have been and will continue to be many changes due to budgets set by the government.
Pros
independent working
Cons
Changes to contracts
Busy, rewarding, friendly workplace
Digital Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire17 January 2017
More than 20 years with Cambridgeshire County Council in a variety of roles which have all been rewarding. Working with local politicians and a wide networks of partners and stakeholders as a public servant is both challenging and enjoyable.
Brilliant and positive
Assets and commissioning searches assistant (Former Employee) –  Assets & Commissioning Team member25 October 2016
The staff at Cambridgeshire County Council are supportive and kind.

In my time working here I had a few personal issues arise, my line manager and colleagues were so supportive and helpful. I never felt under any pressure during my time here.
I firmly believe that if you put in hard work here you are rewarded.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
parking is not provided for all colleagues which can at times (particularly the winter) feel unfair
Workforce
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon and Peterborough25 August 2016
Being a relief worker, you are a seasonal employee which makes it difficult to understand the culture of the organisation.
Cons
Working in isolation
Relaxed and friendly workplace
Education Admission Appeals & Fair Access Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge25 August 2016
A typical day involves an early start, arriving at the office at 7am to begin planning my day. Management is relaxed which can be both good and bad. Co workers are friendly and relaxed atmosphere in office. Hardest part of job is pressure of work and being a one person team and not receiving any support from colleagues. I enjoy the relaxed environment and believe people respond well to this type of environment.
Pros
pension scheme
Cons
long hours, lack of support, poor salary progression
A busy and rewarding job
Business Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge12 July 2016
My main roles were to work with the Training programme for all Early Years Practitioners in the area. This included, booking the venues, planning the Years ahead programme, liaising with the trainers, and being very aware of cost implications.
Also, dealing with incoming enquires and issues. Producing invoices and all other administrative duties.
The management and my co-workers were all very supportive, and I enjoyed working within a small team.
The hardest part of the job was providing the service required but balancing the costing's against this.
Job satisfaction would be the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Gainig vast experience within this field
Cons
Travelling to Cambridge
Productive workplace
Partnership Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Shire Hall4 February 2016
It's fun and a place to develop as a starter. Colleagues are willing to help you along the way. That's great to work for cambridgeshire County Council
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No parking space
Rolling shift pattern, suits my lifestyle.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ely, ENG3 February 2016
Lots of travelling, dealing with patients, contacting GP-DNs when required, speaking with management, reporting information. Good relationship with colleagues and management.
Pros
Rolling shift pattern.
Cons
Work overload
A growing variety of services, challenging, supportive & good staff relations
District Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wisbech, ENG17 March 2015
Helping with general enquiries as well as book information. Promoting a growing number of services.
Over the years I have gained more confidence in myself & my abilities.
Overall staff work as a good team, welcoming new members of staff. In the past fews years there have been library closures, job changes & redundancies leading to low moral & insecurity.
The hardest part of the job is the increasing moans about services, verbal abuse & having to deal with a growing number of migrant workers knowing very little English.
Working with competent staff who get on well & help each other.
Meeting & being able to help a variety of people of all ages & backgrounds.
Getting compliments & gratitude for the help we provided
Pros
A good team of workers, support from management, good experiences
Cons
Job insecurity, Verbal abuse & threats
Rewarding
Relief Tutor Part-time (Current Employee) –  Chatteris3 October 2014
I work part time and a typical evening for me is presenting a topic on Forensic Science or Criminology to adult learners. I have met some lovely people from various backgrounds who all engage in some lively debate on topics presented
Pros
do a lot of preparation at home
Cons
part time
challenging work place
Volunteer Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  ENG22 September 2014
easy to get along with team, challenging every day, nothing much i can say as i was only a volunteer
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
nothing
A investors in people company
Perri Caterer (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, ENG3 August 2014
A good Professional company giving opportunities to everyone
Pros
Free lunch for KS1
Cons
Not free lunch for KS2
Prejudiced
SchooI Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lantern11 May 2014
Would give all with one star zero if I could. Employed by CCS you will be subject of bullying and abuse from management, and they really don't pay enough to put up with that.
Pros
Cons
therapy bills after
Productive and welcoming
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Histon, ENG18 February 2014
A typical day would involve being challenged in a good way and talking/building up strong professional relationships with the young people.

I have learned many different things, like when to try and help the young person or when to perhaps sometimes take a step back and let the young person think/try and do something themselves before offering help to them.

The management is always very good, they are very supportive and understanding of anyone who works for them and they want you to know that you can talk to them or ask them anything that you may want cleared up.

The co-workers are great, we have all got something in common and that is working with young people. You know that you can have a laugh and a joke with them, but at the same time you know that they will work hard for you and vice versa the teamwork is of a very high standard.

The hardest part of my job is sometimes trying to get the young people to be confident within themselves, but it's something that will take time-its a work in progress.

Building up productive professional relationships with the young people, having that banter with them is great. I enjoy knowing for the fact that I can help the young people to achieve their goals.
Pros
Training
Productive and reliable company
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntingdonshire31 January 2014
I have been working for Cambridgeshire County Council for 3 months due to a tupe from Cambridgeshire Community Services. The County Council made the transition flawless and very easy to adjust to the changes.
I have maintained my role as a care manager working within Hinchingbrooke Hospital. My role is to visit service users who need to be assessed for on going care and support following their discharge from hospital. I have learnt a great deal in this role and have developed new and existing skills as well as taking on added responsibilities because my employer has recognised my previous skills and experience. this has given me more job satisfaction.
The most enjoyable part of my role is interacting with my team, service users and hospital professionals.