CAERPHILLY COUNTY BOROUGH COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Stressful, slow and non-beneficial
Former technician highways (Former Employee) –  Pontllanfraith ED6 February 2018
A stressful place to work where internal staff are no help whatsoever when trying to solve an issue. Typical pass the buck, blame culture within highways departments to ensure that certain staff recieve payroses/made up job titles and the minions deal with the worst work for no extra benefit or recognition. Work/life balance is fantastic if you can sit at your desk and do nothing to build time to ensure extra time off from the place.
Cons
Long hours, miserable place to work.
Events
CCBC sports development (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly17 January 2018
The sporting side of the CCBC are great and a bunch of nice people to work with. During the vents they gave us a lot of freedom when refereeing the games.
Well paid job for the outcomes that are asked of me
Caerphilly (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly21 December 2017
Really enjoyed working for Caerphilly council for the past 10 years with a vast amount of experience and qualifications gained along the way. Lack of opportunities to progress in my career has made me think of looking elsewhere in the industry.
Pros
Good wage for inexperienced/young workers
Cons
Long hours needed to work
Caerphilly bourgh council is great company to work for
Cleaner and caretaket (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly30 November 2017
The overall was very good very easy to understand which is very good i just hope i am lucky for what i have applyed for i have had cleaning jobs and shop floor i enjoyed them all
fiendly place
Breakfast Club Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly23 November 2017
Very busy in the morning laying out tables and other breakfast equipment, toys , cups plates and cereals . Lovely spending time with the children on playground. Other staff very helpful and cheerful to spend time with
Stressful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly18 October 2017
I struggled to get everything done that was asked of me each day and struggled to get quicker at the tasks asked of me each day, I felt I was not suited for this line of work
Bloody awful
Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Across county10 October 2017
This is a typical council, slow , difficult, bone idle and completely clueless. Don't bother get a proper job. If you want to be fat and laxy you will fit right in!
Cons
Enjoyable and satisfying role.
Basic Skills Tutor (Former Employee) –  Risca10 October 2017
I enjoyed my role as a Basic Skills Tutor. It was very satisfying when some of my students achieved qualifications and improved literacy and arithmetic skills.
Pros
Often a rewarding role.
Cons
difficulty in retaining numbers in the classroom, due to the stigma attached to poor basic skills
Ccbc
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontllanfraith ED7 September 2017
Collect and sort internal and external mail. Create and send out correspondents to individuals. Use various databases. Deal with clients on the phone.
loved working and fun workplace
Plumber mate (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly26 August 2017
I loved working with Caerphilly council, fun to work around and enjoyed every minute of it. They tookj time to show me how to do the job and took me through step by step. Wicked service.
Pros
good hours

Want to know more about CAERPHILLY COUNTY BOROUGH COUNCIL?

Ask a question
Simple driving job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Transport services9 August 2017
A typical day in this job involves driving a minibus on pre defined routes and picking up passengers and conveying them to both predefined and request stops.
Its an easy job with a level of satisfaction in that you often assist some less abled passengers
Productive and interesting workplace
Helped staff (Former Employee) –  Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly25 July 2017
It was a good place to work in, very easy and interesting. I learnt how to communicate better with the public. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with paper work and doing things on a computer.
Pros
Food is cheap and friendly staff
Cons
Travel was far as I had to walk
good employer
Learning Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bargoed, Caerphilly20 July 2017
flexitime working was excellent for work-life balance however not a lot of opportunity for advancement.

management were helpful and friendly, staff were great to work alongside. enjoyed my time working there immensly
Pros
flexitime
Cons
no advancement opportunities
I loved working for cbcc they just made cut backs and i needed full time work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Risca, Caerphilly24 June 2017
I loved my time working for cbcc I achieved my nvq level 2 .all my training is up to date I also enjoyed working part of a team .I also can also work on my own I love working hands on .
midday suoerviser
Midday Supervisory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly5 June 2017
my job as midday superviser is to make sure all children are safe in the playground .to make sure that they all have a meal and drink and back to class safe after their lunch.
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly5 June 2017
I was one to one with a special needs child which was very challenging and also rewarding very good benefits and also a pension very good to work for and very fair
good place to work
bricklayer./general clerk of works ./construction (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly20 May 2017
good place to get a trade and qualifications. provide uniforms and college fees. good opportunities for advancement to foreman/ supervisor /clerk of works/up to surveyor.
Pros
good training uniforms college if needed
Good company
Domestic (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly18 May 2017
Great benefits and job for life. Been a great two years working here..and hopefully many more. Good job prospects. Good salary overall. Would definitely highly recommend
Great
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly12 May 2017
Administration post at a very busy finance department. I enjoyed working here. It has lots of great benefits such as flexi times and work life balance policies.
Good company
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly21 February 2017
Good company, low income and not much opportunity to progress not mangaged very well in certain departments have been promised training but never materialised can be a good place to work providing management changes.
Pros
Pension scheme
Cons
Working conditios