CVS Group Employee Reviews

Thoroughly enjoy my job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Somerset26 November 2017
I enjoy working for CVS, I joined after they bought out the many independent practices so I know no different. Yes the pay isn’t great but I love what I do, no 2 days are the same. In my experience the management are very approachable and my work colleagues are great. Always the opportunity to pick up extra hours as overtime.
Pros
Being involved with the animals. Extra hours available if you want them.
Cons
Can’t think of any!
Great team, supported within role
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkshire16 November 2017
Good company to work for with good employee benefits. I feel well supported in my role, both in Practice and by senior management. Development and progression is encouraged, and the in-house training provided definitely helps with this. I enjoy coming to work on a daily basis and being amongst the excellent team we have.
Rewarding, lots of opportunities
Veterinary Surgeon (Former Employee) –  South14 November 2017
I worked for CVS for 3 years. It was challenging but really rewarding. I was promoted and allowed to work in a really flexible way (which helped with work-life balance and child care), I enjoyed the benefits of working for a larger company, like child care vouchers, gym membership and especially the 'save as you earn' scheme, which is essentially buying shares is the company. CPD was supported and I was encouraged to pursue my interests and develop my career.
Pros
Flexibiltiy
Cons
Challenging
Worst company I have ever worked for. Only care about money.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wales26 October 2017
I would not recommend CVS to anyone. We regularly had to work through lunch because of understaffing due to, according to upper management, lack of income. They do not give overtime pay and taking time in lieu is nearly impossible. Upper management seem concerned only with bringing in money and encourage staff to book as much as possible regardless. Quality and care seem merely lip service. Just take a look at the staff turnover in many of their Welsh practices; not good at all.
Pros
The days go by very quickly due to low staff levels
Cons
Regional and upper management
Lots of support
Vet Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Nottingham26 October 2017
I work with with a fantastic team on a day to day basis and we are backed up with good support from the field and support office including HR and finance. It's great knowing that I always have someone to call when I have an issue.
Awful
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire23 October 2017
Awful company to work for! Soulless with the main focus being money. Awful, just awful. Poor salary, long hours. Save yourself the hassle and keep supporting the few independent practices that are still going and actually care about their patients and clients.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Management is terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk20 October 2017
This is a terrible company to work for. The pay is poor and the Managers and colleagues are rude and patronising.I dont know how they get away with it.
Pros
None!
Cons
Treats employees like garbage
A good employer
Veterinary Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire3 October 2017
I worked for my practice before we were bought out by CVS and since they did we have only have good changes like more training and a total refurb of the practice! Day to day not much has changed and I have had an amazing manager the past two years so have no complaints at all!
Great Progression and Culture
Registered Veterinary Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 October 2017
Really happy with the pay I receive compared to my last practice. I love the people I work with and we are all focused on our patients.
CVS has helped me train up to a head nurse and offers me good career prospects. Friendly bunch and the wider company is always willing to help out.
Not the best
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shropshire25 September 2017
No work life balance and wages not the best, however where I worked the management were first class as were my colleagues, it's just unfortunate that small practices are being swallowed up by large organisations.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Worked at the support office in Diss, great people for the vast majotity. Streasful at timesbdue to large acquisitions but rewarding and challenging.
Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk24 July 2017
All in all, a great place to work. I enjoyed my time enormously. CVS is at the forefront of delivering excellence to get owners and the support office staff ensure the practices can deliver this by maintaining a high standard of work. It was challenging but enjoyable and the people were for the vast majority, a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Lots of employee benifits
Cons
Expected to go above and beyond your job role with no reward too often
Great team, lovely place of work
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire3 May 2017
I would just like to
Broaden my horizons and improve my skills even further and use what I've already got too. I work well on my own or in a team and always go that extra mile to get my work done or help colleagues when needed. I enjoy a challenge and learning new techniques to help with my workload is always good.providing an excellent service also to the client is paramount.
Pros
Dealing with pets and clients
Cons
Not all staff work as a team.
Terrible pay
Veterinary Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2017
This company only cares about money, not their staff nor their patients.
There is no career progression unless you want to be on a terrible salary. There is an awful hierachy system and the people who actually work in Practice are not listened to or apreciated.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Terrible pay
Not a great place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 March 2017
Boiler room.
to be fair to the company, I don't think the manager was very good.

I left pretty quickly and found a much better job.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Boiler room
Busy veterinary pra
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey3 February 2017
Busy veterinary practice, with interesting cases to see. Lovely clients and a great team that make the job worth while. Often under a lot of strain due to lack of staff
Pros
Great team
Unfriendly 'corporate' environment
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Near Exeter, Devon.17 November 2016
Typical day included visiting practices in my region, discussing performance and issues, areas of focus etc. Action planning, financial reporting etc.

Learned a lot about budgeting, HR, business management, project planning, and more.

Management appear detached from the staff and issues at practice level and use the regional directors as scapegoats for any failings.

Other regional directors a great team. Practice staff variable form site to site.

Hardest part of the job: matching demands from senior management with the realities 'on the ground.'

Most enjoyable part of the job - assessment and management of the financial performance of the practices; setting up new sites; launching new services; improving the client experience.
Pros
Several small teams under my management so got to know most colleagues well.
Cons
Very long hours.
I enjoy my daily routine at work
Veterinary Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford Essex20 January 2013
I run daily nurse clinics, involving blood sampling and processing, dressing care , dietry clinics, assisting the veterinary surgeon, pharmacy duties, repeat prescriptions and preparing drugs for inpatients. I also assist on reception and answering the telephone,
I see myself as a very valuable member of the team , but feel that I can no longer improve my career.
i would have to say the hardest part is obviously putting abimals to sleep and the most enjoyable part is seeing a poorly animal go home, knowing i have helped that to happen.
Pros
local and convenient to my lifestyle
Cons
no further advancement for my career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8