Buy It Direct Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Heavy work poor management.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire20 November 2017
Started training at first was happy with the job and environment despite a few issues with health and safety e.g working too close to reach trucks in operation being a common careless mistake people made. Management put on a false impression of themselves and what they expect from their staff and how to support new starters. In to my 4th day of training got told not to come back after making a constant line of lies and excuses after i chased them up to find out why they came to that decision. In the end they just showed how unprofessional and contradicting the company is not caring how they get rid of people they don't like even if you are hardworking and new to the job it means nothing. I would discourage anyone wanting to work here as you will only be lead to disappointment and regrets. My advice find a better job and avoid this place like the plague!!!
Pros
Short journey to work.
Cons
Bad company poor management poor health and safety
enjoyable and well paid.
Warehouse Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield13 March 2017
This job is very good for apprenticeships and they will ensure that you learn the appropriate skills needed for the job.The typical day will entail working on returned units and identifying faults while repairing the broken units. The hardest part of this job is learning how to repair the units but they ensure you are taught al the appropriate skills needed and will make sure you have supervision until you feel confident on your own.
Pros
Discount on products.
Cons
heavy lifting
it was a good job to start with but it was too unprofessional
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire27 February 2017
when i first started working at buy it direct I was happy with the team I was with and the job I was doing. I was delivering heavy items like tv's and fridges to houses in the north of England and working closely with the driver. sadly after a few months I was brought into the ware house to sweep and make tea after their were too many drivers mates to put in the vans so I was reduced to making tea and sweeping all day.
Pros
easy work
Cons
lack of respect from supervisors and managers
Hard work, but fun.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield29 February 2016
The work can often be long hours, and quite stressful during peak seasons. However, the management and other staff make this company a great place to work.
unorganised
HOME DELIVERY VAN DRIVER (Former Employee) –  east midlands8 January 2015
even though they advertise jobs as monday to friday 9 hours expect to be expected to do 7 days a week 15 hours a day. as a delivery driver you are also expected to bear the brunt of disgruntled customers , and make excuses for the companies short comings . you will be given unachievable delivery times , like being expected to get a double fridge freezer into a customers house and unpacked on your own within 7 minutes .
Pros
if they take you on or you last that long, good staff discount scheme
Cons
long hours, don't drive for these if you have a family life .
Friendly and Fun Workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, ENG27 February 2014
I never had one bad day at buy it direct i was always made to feel welcome by warehouse staff and management i feel that i learnt a lot of warehouse skills whilst working here... i would recommend this workplace to anybody
Pros
friendly staff and clean workplace