Bupa Employee Reviews

Excellent work place
Hospital Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester18 February 2018
As soon as you walked into the workplace you were happy, everyone would smile and say hello ask about your evening brilliant.
I learned a lot at Bupa medical terminology, how to get information at the tap of a button I even learned about Radiology and what the patient would need to do before a scan or X-ray.
The managers were very helpful and were always there for you to advise they never said well that was a silly question !
The hardest part of the job there wasn't one, the most enjoyable was helping people who had real problems.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
N/a
You can move from home to home.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 February 2018
Things could be better for staff and wages could be better and less paper work which would mean more time with residents. I personally enjoye working to both residents and their families.
Cons
Great employer and fantastic colleagues
Procure to Pay team member (Former Employee) –  Horsforth, West Yorkshire17 February 2018
Great company with some opportunities for advancement, fantastic environment and work life balance. Management can be hit and miss but overall i found them to be very good. Rewarded for exceptional work.
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Not a lot of progression opportunities
short staff long hour
day staff (Former Employee) –  Farnham16 February 2018
staff are very short during the day and a lot is expected to do during the day shift residents can be very demanding and bossy. call bells will consant go off and if you don’t answer them on time the manager complains. free food and drinks whenever. can get along with staff. if you fit in!.. unable to spend time with residents. in the mornings a lot of residents don’t get done by night staff. so a lot is expected to do including doing them breakfast. lunch, putting plates and stuff in dishwasher up to 6 times throughout the day probably more depends how many residents use cups and plates and cutlery’s. doing lots of paperwork’s, and the manager is always walking about watching you like a hawk and you feel as your doing something wrong.
if you work night shift and request food they leave it in the fridge for 12 hours from that day lunch and for you to heat up yourself with microwave, the benifits are misleading. be warned when working for bupa a lot is expected. the seniors role are the medications round and if you make a mistake with the mar sheets you could seriously get in deep hole for it and sacked. mamagerment is awful if you talk in confidential somehow all the others staff knows about it. then the residents starts asking questions. nice home but you just got to fit in or you get pushed out.
Pros
free foods and drinks
Cons
long hours and a lot is expected to do
Hard and Hot
Domestic Cleaner in Bupa Carehome (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London16 February 2018
Working as a domestic cleaner I found working in the dementia environment both physically hard amd emotionally very upsetting. It began to be a real chore to attend as I felt it was making me depressed. Although I had an excellent attendance record it wore me down until I had to leave, even though I couldn't afford to.
Average
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire15 February 2018
Not the best company to work for, often expected to do more than your job for minimum wage. However, all staff are good to work with makes the job better.
Poor leadership and dispensable workforce
Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 February 2018
Bupa values its managers and uts managers only, particularly in the recruitment department where you only progress if you suck up to the right people. Processes are rarely followed and the business is not open and honest. The recruitment work is no different to call centre of agency work with unrealistic targets and poor salary offerings.
Saldly bula do not keep the end user at the heart of what they do as they are a profit oriented business
Pros
You'll like your colleagues
Cons
Literally everything else
initially I enjoyed working in this care home.
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 February 2018
My first year in this position was a great experience, after that as I was moved around it became difficult to deal with.
Although I made my views known to management nothing much was changed and I did not get the job satisfaction that I desired. The hardest part of my job was lack of good staff in a highly demanding unit.
nursing/residential home
Residential Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool5 February 2018
activities coordinator, creating activities for the residents eg,bingo art and crafts.
how the elderly can give up if they are not kept keeping the brains active and their physical conditions .
At the time management was very poor in ways that i cant discuss but they were eventually made to resign.
Was again poor at that time the culture was to ignore and shout at staff.
The hardest part of the job was having to go there every day.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the residents.
Pros
the clients
Cons
the management at that time
Busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent4 February 2018
Busy but rewarding. Various training courses arranged and attended.Change of management altered the work place environment. There were many cultures working there. Job satisfaction
productive
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford1 February 2018
a place where you can learn and grow and have opportunities to advance your career with training and development. the job can enhance your knowledge and having better understanding to do your job.
Good company to work for
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Home Based30 January 2018
Carrying out inspections and audits to ensure homes were prepared for CQC and local authority inspections. Advising staff in nursing homes to improve quality of care for residents who were frail older people, younger disabled people, people with learning disabilities and people who were living with dementia.

I worked in a very supportive team with a supportive management
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Too much travelling including several nights a week away from home
Fun workplace
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire29 January 2018
As it was my first job as a carer it was hard at first but with the week of training and the help from people that worked there it become easier and learned a lot.
As it was a dementia home it was very hard as you have good and bad days but you soon get to know each residents routine in the mornings or night and they can all be very different.
Pros
Getting to know the residents
Cons
Hours
Great place to work for
Healthcare consultant/ Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames29 January 2018
Bupa is great place to work for. Apart from the salary there are many other benefits that you get including a free private medical insurance and a free on sight gym!

I work in the retention department which has great culture behind it. You are also provided with a 4 week classroom based training to learn products and services at the start of your career at Bupa.

All in all a good place to work for.
Stressful work environment
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  lynton hall27 January 2018
As a carer we make sure residents are washed and dressed for breakfast. They are given shower or bath. The most difficult part of the job is when we are short of staff and residents demands are high. The best part of our job is when the relatives commend the work we have done.I enjoy working with a team especially when we work in pairs in giving personal care.
Pros
free lunches
horrible work place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire26 January 2018
horrendous company to work for treat staff and residents like they are just a number, fat cats get great money and bounces while people on the shop floor can not make ends meets
good workplace.
kichen assistant (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire25 January 2018
I learnt loads of new things, and got to meet some incredible people at the same time. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the work, making sure you are doing it all correctly.
Pros
free lunch
efficient workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackburn25 January 2018
I have worked for bupa for almost 2 years on the nursing dementia unit, while employed here I enjoyed the challenge and enjoyed working as part of a team as well as working alone
productive and relaxed
adjustments clerk (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester25 January 2018
i worked for Bupa for 16 years i started from the bottom and was able to work my way up with the training and support that was offered typical day at Bupa Hard work but relaxed atmosphere, all having the can do attitude
Always a opportunity for overtime
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 January 2018
always low staffing levels, management never seem to be there to give staff support when needed, the costs for residents stay is not worth the facilities or care they receive
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation