Bunnings Employee Reviews

Bad Managment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne17 October 2017
was my first warehouse job and was made to think of my own back. no proper training was given. i was then 'let go' for being 'too aggressive'. poor management all the way up. Should be helping employees not putting their confidence down
Pros
non
Cons
the managers
Paint Expert (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Brisbane15 August 2016
Bunnings was excellent about working around my Uni schedule whilst I was studying. They were happy to cut back on my shifts when through exams and give me more shifts during the holidays.
This was key to my survival through school.
A day at Bunnings
Trade Sales (Former Employee) –  Christchurch23 May 2016
A day at bunnings is handwork and constant from the moment you step in the door. our trade yard was constantly busy and i would see myself dealing with many things at once. We would have fun and work hard to make the customers experience seamless.

We would constantly be serving customers in which i learnt to deal with many people from many different back grounds, so i feel i have fantastic communication skills.

I love to have fun with my co workers so fun is a very important part of work which was encouraged at bunnings.

Hardest part of the job was working with angry customers but i always seemed to find a way to change a negative into a positive experience for the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the young fun team.
Bunnings Warehouse was a very good company to work for overall, with a relaxed yet strong business culture
D.I.Y. Coordinator (Marketing Department) (Former Employee) –  Hawthorn, Melbourne19 August 2015
> There was no such things as a typical day at work, at one times I was invalid or maging multiple projects with different priorities that had to be met. This sometimes would involve me being out of the office and in stores producing content or out at corporate events helping to ensure that projects were completed to a satisfactory level

>I learned a great deal in my two years with Bunnings. The most important skills i learnt were communication and time management skills. I could see the need to effectively communicate was essential for all roles throughout the business, when communication channels broke down often projects would fail.

> Management were very approachable and would always give time to any employee who needed their help.

>As a team, the marketing department worked extremely well together ensure that the marketing strategy was delivered across all channels

>The hardest part of the job was having to work with multiple teams and multiple departments all with different projects and goals. Teamwork had to be precise to ensure that all work was completed by the due date.

>The most enjoyable part of my job was the trust my manager had in my, allowing me to go about my tasks the way I desired. This gave me great responsibility and creativity but also ensured my project and time management skills were enhanced.
Market leading, fun, vibrant company
Design Planner (Former Employee) –  Hawthorn, Melbourne3 July 2015
With an excellent culture, Bunnings strives to lead by example.

I designed counters, fittings and fixtures etc. for our ever expanding network of stores. They allow team members to deliver projects with almost full creative control, enabling new ideas and ways of thinking to permeate through the chain of command.

One of the best company's I have ever worked for.
Fun work place
Flooring Expert (Former Employee) –  Perth, Joondalup6 March 2015
I have enjoyed working for this company. I later went on to rep. inside 22 of their stores so I knew the place back to front.
They do say you can advance in this job but they do tend to dangle the carrot forever and they've disheartened a lot of people. The more you do the more they expect which is natural. But, you do make up for the shortcomings of a lot of staff that aren't committed that think it's an easy job. It's a tough job physically and mentally.

The hard workers behind the scenes go unnoticed where the ones that are their floating about with smiley faces get the rewards without actually doing much at all. It's an unfair system. The money was okay and the in store vibe was good. We did have a lot of team building workshops and the constant training was beneficial.

Because the advancement was so long and drawn out and unfair I probably wouldn't recommend anyone work there unless it was part time or casual or in a management position.
Pros
Team building and workshops
Cons
Disheartening and draining with low pay.

Want to know more about Bunnings?

Ask a question